Ricky Gervais on god, the Bible and Genesis

laugh.gif
Seen this
pimp.gif

On a slightly different note, do ppl seriously take the story of David and Goliath as historical event?

Originally Posted by Solerunner

It wasnt funny
He accent always gets me though lol

I'm agnostic if it matters
Its the opposite for me. His accent makes me cringe. Just about all English accents make me cringe
sick.gif

But meh on what he was talking about.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
Seen this
pimp.gif

On a slightly different note, do ppl seriously take the story of David and Goliath as historical event?

There are two translations for his height. One is the Hebrew of 9 feet 9 inches and then the more reasonable Greek one of just under 7 feet.   

Most people dont read past the point of where David hit Goliath with the stone. The stone only knocked him out. David killed Goliath with his own sword while he was laying on the ground unconscious.

Originally Posted by GP9Rm4108

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
Seen this
pimp.gif

There are two translations for his height. One is the Hebrew of 9 feet 9 inches and then the more reasonable Greek one of just under 7 feet.   

Most people dont read past the point of where David hit Goliath with the stone. The stone only knocked him out. David killed Goliath with his own sword while he was laying on the ground unconscious.
[sup]51 [/sup]David ran and stood over him. He took hold of the Philistine’s sword and drew it from the sheath. After he killed him, he cut off his head with the sword.

David didn't cut off his head to kill him, he cut it off as a trophy.

Back
Top Bottom