Rick Ross f. The Game, Ja Rule & Fat Joe - Mafia Music (rmx)

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Y'all gotta stop assuming that EVERY rapper lies. Most exaggerate. If I sold 20's I'll say I moved ounces, bricks. If I only had one gat, I'll say I had a closet full. But this dude just straight up fabricated his life. I take it some of y'all would be cool with someone like Bill Oriley gangsta rapping because "it's entertainment". You gotta draw the line somewhere.
Its not assumption. None of these dudes sold white. Exaggeration or not. Some of these guys just sold weed and turn it into selling white.That's a straight up lie. You don't get any pass for that. Exaggeration is the same as a lie.

no.

there is a fine line between "lying about your past" and completely denying it ever happened in addition to offering up cover-up lies (i.e. ross orginally claimed he was a victim of photoshop nerds when thesmokinggun.com first leaked the now-famous handshake and staff line-up photos of a young, high top-sporting, portly-looking fellow remarkably resembling the alleged "boss of all bosses".)

and not all rappers flat-out "LIE ABOUT THEIR PAST". embellish, exagerrate, and/or enhance in the name of hyperbole? perhaps (this is, after all, enterainment.)

BUT (and here in lies my problem with ross and his music):

his stage name (rick ross), magnum opus ("hustlin"), debut album (port of miami), and subsequent image are all centered around the premise that he is the latest kilo-distributing hustler to make it out of the often fatal cocaine trafficking business and into the rap record industry. it is disenfranchising, to say the least, to find out the hnic of the carol city cartel was, in fact, employed by as a correctionals officer for 18 months of his life. it hardly fits into the blow, dough, clothes, and ho's lifestyle ross so eloquently rhymed about through out his first 2 albums.

the scarface analogies are skewed and misleading. no, michael corleone is not real, but indeed his character was based upon non-fictitious mob figures who did exist. but that is why al pacino is in the business of ACTING.

rick ross's image was set-up on the foundation that he was real, bona fide, legitimate, genuine... street-credible, however you want to put it. it was in your face and shoved down your throat from the moment radio played him (noreaga owes him 100 favors, remember?)

but whatever, you've made it abudantly clear that you are very much okay with drinking the kool-aid, despite the fact it has clearly lost its flavor. i, however, do enjoy a certain amount of authenticity in the artists i listen to and i simply choose not to support nor listen to ross today.

cb4 fans...

Man I ain't reading all that $$%. I skimmed over it. Look, fact is Ross fabricated his past. To what extent? We can assume all we want but we don'tknow. And I for one don't care. I can bump Luther Vandross' music with no problem. I don't care about what he did in his personal life. And you oranyone else shouldn't either. Seriously. You will only listen to a real drug dealer rap about drugs? #*%? What kinda logic is that? My stance is that Ijust simply don't care what a rapper does in real life. I care about the music. If I can ride out to the music i'm straight. I don't have anythinginvested in a artists personal life. And SMH@ You dudes seriously trying to justify exaggerating is okay but lying isn't as if exaggerating isn't lyinglol.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Money aint a thing... b***h, that's a lie!!...
It only controls every b***h that's alive!!!!..."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Say money bring #$%!%%*, #$%!%%* bring lies
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom