Restock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they just don't have as much product that they are holding back or getting returned vs what it was when they first started.

Goodness, I remember how long it took for the black toe 13s and the black/red 11s to sell out during the earlier random restocks....
very true 

everybody was eating

I think over time these re-stocks will change the resellers game.
Not overnight, but after a few years of this.
Fantastic.

Wrong. Restocks are containing less and less shoes therefore making less of an impact on the aftermarket prices. All these restocks are doing is renewing the thirst.

It's all in the calculated genius of Nike:
First and foremost, these "Restocks" we see aren't truly "Restocks".
Like BigJ said, basically "Restocks" are nothing more than Thirst Renewers.
Nike's plan constructs the illusion of a limited supply around an already insane demand for a product.
If Nike makes 300K pairs of a shoe, it's more beneficial for them to release them 100K at a time, on three separate occasions b/c the "Restocks" get people talking -- as much, if not more -- than the RD. That is three different hype floods, versus one.
When everything sells out in one hour, more demand is born. This occurrence is perpetual.
Surprises like yesterday's DB-III are only thrown in for the marketing value.
Look how many people were talking about a few pairs of DB-IIIs yesterday & today.
Keeping Nike in our Tweets etc is worth a hell of a lot more than Nike selling 100K pairs of retros.
:nerd:

Wrong. Restocks are containing less and less shoes therefore making less of an impact on the aftermarket prices. All these restocks are doing is renewing the thirst.
Pretty much...unless restock numbers go up ain't nothing changing in price forreal. 

Last edited:
That's the problem.
The true collectors and hobbyist are getting beat out by the wanna bes on release day, and having to wait for random restocks.
I remember after the 2011 concord release I made a thread about the number of people I saw with Jordans on.
Dudes blasted me because I made mention of the infatuation with Jordans in the inner city(black people).
Now it's not just the inner city it's every nook and cranny, and they are like vultures on a fresh kill
laugh.gif
what makes a person a true collector in comparison to a "wannabe"?

just because you been doing it longer or have a bigger collection makes you a true collector?

i'm tired of hearing this sad excuse. if you're a true collector, you shouldn't be getting beat out in the first place

Apparently if you get the shoes you're a wannabe and if you miss out you're a true collector #NTlogic

what makes a person a true collector in comparison to a "wannabe"?
just because you been doing it longer or have a bigger collection makes you a true collector?
i'm tired of hearing this sad excuse. if you're a true collector, you shouldn't be getting beat out in the first place
If the shoe fits wear it.
A true collector or hobbyist is someone that has a passion for a particular subject or in certain areas.
It has nothing to do with age.
If the only reason your buying Jordans is because you saw a "celebrity" with them on, or you want to be seen wearing Js your a wannabe.

That's the problem.
The true collectors and hobbyist are getting beat out by the wanna bes on release day, and having to wait for random restocks.
I remember after the 2011 concord release I made a thread about the number of people I saw with Jordans on.
Dudes blasted me because I made mention of the infatuation with Jordans in the inner city(black people).
Now it's not just the inner city it's every nook and cranny, and they are like vultures on a fresh kill :lol:
I dont agree. The people who have "adapted" to this new "sneaker culture" are the ones beating, those who have not, out. And if they are the ones your referring to as wannabes i think your wrong to think "collectors" are not among them. in all honesty i am one who has not yet fully adapted due to the hiatus i took past couple of years. As far as getting blasted its probably due to the way you worded that infatuation comment.
Concords shipped. Very happy I could double up for ~110 with the giftcard.
Congrats on everyone's cops.
copped Baron 9's and cool grey 10's. Just called Nike to cancel the 10's. Really wanted the 5's and 8's but no dice. At least I hit something this time. Last one I struck out with authority.
These 2 comments just show how much influence Nike has over us. We are at the point now where we want to double up on shoes and make sure we always got that fresh pair in the closet. And we also make unnecessary purchases during releases. Not attacking the original ppl who posted because i double up at times too and have purchased during a release just because i actually got a par in my cart (denim Lebrons), which i also cancelled. Nikes marketing and social media influence is KING as far as this sneaker culture goes

If the shoe fits wear it.
A true collector or hobbyist is someone that has a passion for a particular subject or in certain areas.
It has nothing to do with age.
If the only reason your buying Jordans is because you saw a "celebrity" with them on, or you want to be seen wearing Js your a wannabe.
so who is to say all the people you're calling "wannabes" don't have a passion for sneakers

i didnt cop anything off this restock that i wanted.. was going for SB 1's and tiffs and if i had known the db 3's for sure one of my fav dbs.. but at least i got my size royal 1's off the last restock and i think that was an accomplishment on its own =0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom