Resident Evil 2 > All the others.

Originally Posted by odiggidy

2>1
3>2 the "chaser" was crazy
eek.gif

4>all

Resident Evil 4 is easily the best, no questions asked. The only thing RE 2 has over RE 4 is the Tyrant stalking scenarios that are in the special game thatyou get when you beat both discs.

yea def appreciated. it kicked my!%@% when it first came out. i fell back and came again a few yrs later and realized what a hot game it was. Probably myfavorite code v was def 2nd. Never beat 1 and hated three. Fell off aroun the time outbreak came out.

when the Tyrant breaks through the wall the first time, I swear I almost had a heart attack.
You are not the only one.
The game play on one was much harder though, that little pocket knife sucked.

one of the best game series ever made...IMO RE4>RE3>RE1>RE2

Barry Burton>>Any RE Character

can't wait till RE5 comes out...its suppose to be like RE Extinction from what I've heard(could be wrong)

BTW:Am I the only one who read the resident evil books??

If its the one were they added the dogs and you get the play as the little girl than yes,I would agree.

I like the older versions of Tomb Raider better than the new ones.

There were dogs in the first RE... but RE2 is definitely one of my favorite in the series. Better than the original (not REmake), and far better than RE3. Code Veronica is up there though, I would say I like them both about the same. To me CV is the real RE3, and RE3 is really RE 2.5.

I was too shook to play these as a kid I would just watch other people play lol.

No lie, I used to play this game with all the lights on, game sound on VERY low, and either had my taped WCW Nitro's playing in the background or Puff Daddy's No Way Out album playing and I was still shook AF:lol:

How old are yall? The only time RE ever even got as much as a jump was the first one, when the lizard jump through the window and the 3rd one when Nemesis broke through the wall. I used to play late night with the lights off to make it scarier. :lol:

I remember playing RE 2 back in junior high school with two of my buddies. We'd only play at night, but wasn't good enough to get through the whole game without the game guide and/or using the rocket launcher :lol:

We were terrible. When the music got suspenseful and you can tell something was going to happen, we'd cautiously tread very slowly. I wounder how I'd play the game now that I've gotten better at playing video games.

I used to get stuck back in the day because of those damn fixed camera angles due to the prerendered backgrounds. The blue door on the right once you go into the police station. Ran all through that part of the game for HOURS before I realized it was there.

How old are yall? The only time RE ever even got as much as a jump was the first one, when the lizard jump through the window and the 3rd one when Nemesis broke through the wall. I used to play late night with the lights off to make it scarier. :lol:

I think a lot of who side with the older RE's are up there in age. Late 20s at the youngest, but definitely in the 30s.

RE was a game changer for survivor horror back in the day. I'm not sure how old you are, but for many of us, we grew up playing NES, than SNES. Then when PS1 came out with full motion video and 3D, it was a huge step up in graphics and sound. When playing RE with the real music and sound effects and real voices (although crappy acting) it really stepped up immersion. So it was absolutely amazing to go from 8 to 16bit graphic sprites and midi and crappy sound effects to the graphics and sound of PS1 and the full motion FMV cutscenes. So when first playing it, yea it was scary as heck for a game.

RE was really good and set the standard, then RE2 came out and just took it up a notch. After RE2, you obviously get use to it already and kinda have an idea of what to expect in terms of gameplay and graphics. So the excitement wasn't as great. After that, seems like with the later releases, from ps2, ps3, etc. graphics got better. But still not as big of a jump from going snes to ps1 with the first and 2nd RE.

I recently played RE2 again on my original PS1. The story/gameplay holds up, but I guess we are so use to the graphics of current gen systems, it just doesnt hold up graphically. Game companies definitely catering to us older folks with the remakes and retro systems because they know we aging lol.

cliffnotes: we washed

Back
Top Bottom