Report: Manny, Ortiz tested positive in '03

Why do you think Manny batted nearly .500 for the dodgers after leaving Boston? Is wasn't cause he ate his Wheaties.

bfa,

can't the same be said about the NFL? we know players in that league are juicing, but none of us care.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Ya I was thinking Canseco was talking about Rickey Henderson, just bc they were on the same team in Oaktown. who knows though

same here
frown.gif

Tony Gwynn?
Cal?

I'm just thinking who would cause the most uproar...

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

2004 ALCS*

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Off topic, but is that Thomas Sowell in your avy? My dad and brother love that guy. My dad sends me articles from Sowell just about every otherday. Interesting to see his face on NT.

As for the thread, I really don't care. I mean, who didn't see this coming?

How can you take it seriously if a good amount of the league's star players are cheaters? Even the players who haven't cheated can't be trustedbecause nobody really knows.

I kind of agree with the WWE comparison made a few pages back.

Wasn't Ecks on the same team as Jose for a few years? Not saying anything just throwing it out there.

I could care less. Cheating has been happening in baseball from the beginning. Funny how the steroid guys saved baseball & know their thrownunder the bus.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Ya I was thinking Canseco was talking about Rickey Henderson, just bc they were on the same team in Oaktown. who knows though

same here
frown.gif

Tony Gwynn?
Cal?

I'm just thinking who would cause the most uproar...

Ripkin is so far off the steroid radar, that I'm sure some peoples heads would explode if he was listed. But with his consecutive game streak, I doubt hewas on that stuff.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

How can you take it seriously if a good amount of the league's star players are cheaters? Even, the players who haven't cheated can't be trusted because nobody really knows.

I kind of agree with the WWE comparison made a few pages back.

EVERY sport has their share of %#+$ . Let's fAce it, what's done is done. The longball SAVED this sport 15 years ago and like someone said NOWthey're being persecuted the fact of the matter is they're trying to finally do something about it NOW. Is it a little late? Of course, but they'reputting it in place and that's what matters. I'd be more mad if the locker rooms were still a free for all...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

bfa,

can't the same be said about the NFL? we know players in that league are juicing, but none of us care.
It's America's favorite sport right now. Like when the favorite son does something wrong, it gets poo-pooed and swept under the rug.

I've been saying this for a long time. I love the NFL, NCAA College Football, you can't seriously look at the players in the 90's and look at howplayers look now. Physique wise,
eek.gif

You have Defensive Ends running as fast as some Running Backs were running a decade ago.

It is a part of sports.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Hooray!

I bring this up every time we have a new name leaked, but I've been saying since the steroid talk began that you're favorite player is most likely juicing. It's hilarious to see how the tone of the public (NT included) has changed. I've never cared. There was never a reason to. When just about everyone is doing it, how is that not a level playing field? The only thing it does is allow you to appreciate the clean players that much more.

Can't wait for the next name
pimp.gif
preach.jpg

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

bfa,

It's America's favorite sport right now. Like when the favorite son does something wrong, it gets poo-pooed and swept under the rug.

I've been saying this for a long time. I love the NFL, NCAA College Football, you can't seriously look at the players in the 90's and look at how players look now. Physique wise,
eek.gif

You have Defensive Ends running as fast as some Running Backs were running a decade ago.

It is a part of sports.

So because the physique has changed a little over a decade you conclude that steroids must be the reason. Did you see how NBA players looked in the 50'sand 60's they looked like average joes... no type of physical definition. They were minimal physically dominating players on the scale of a Dwight Howard,Shaq or Wilt Chamberlain, at that time physical strength wasn't a prerequisite but now in the NBA you need strength thats why more players lift weights andhave more muscle mass... when your guarding players like David Robinson, Lebron James, Patrick Ewing, Yao and etc you cant rely on skills alone.

And to debunk that whole DE's running faster than RB's a decade ago. As yourself what was the record for a 100m race in 1960's... Jim Hines ran a9.95 now fastfoward to 2009 the average sprinter can beat that time with ease. Humans evolve and with more access to better gym facilities for training andbetter diets the body is able to perform better compared to past

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Canseco is probably just talking out of his *+%. Not naming names isn't his style. Dude just wants money and publicity.
Have you even been following the steroids scandal? Dude wrote an entire book in which he names names and there is a second one on the way. Canseco might not be liked but he is an opportunist who has been on the money with his steroid assertions. He's probably not naming names so he can use the material to sell more copies of his next book.
Like I said, until he names names I won't believe him.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Canseco is probably just talking out of his *+%. Not naming names isn't his style. Dude just wants money and publicity.
Have you even been following the steroids scandal? Dude wrote an entire book in which he names names and there is a second one on the way. Canseco might not be liked but he is an opportunist who has been on the money with his steroid assertions. He's probably not naming names so he can use the material to sell more copies of his next book.
Like I said, until he names names I won't believe him.
That's your prerogative. It won't be the first time Canseco's proven right.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

bfa,

I've been saying this for a long time. I love the NFL, NCAA College Football, you can't seriously look at the players in the 90's and look at how players look now. Physique wise,
eek.gif

It is a part of sports.

So because the physique has changed a little over a decade you conclude that steroids must be the reason. Did you see how NBA players looked in the 50's and 60's they looked like average joes... no type of physical definition. They were minimal physically dominating players on the scale of a Dwight Howard, Shaq or Wilt Chamberlain, at that time physical strength wasn't a prerequisite but now in the NBA you need strength thats why more players lift weights and have more muscle mass... when your guarding players like David Robinson, Lebron James, Patrick Ewing, Yao and etc you cant rely on skills alone.

And to debunk that whole DE's running faster than RB's a decade ago. As yourself what was the record for a 100m race in 1960's... Jim Hines ran a 9.95 now fastfoward to 2009 the average sprinter can beat that time with ease. Humans evolve and with more access to better gym facilities for training and better diets the body is able to perform better compared to past
if u dont think roid use isn't prevalent in the nfl then you are extremely naive or biased.

Originally Posted by Grimey

Who cares, really? It's becoming a joke how only certain names are being leaked.
This.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Hooray!

I bring this up every time we have a new name leaked, but I've been saying since the steroid talk began that you're favorite player is most likely juicing. It's hilarious to see how the tone of the public (NT included) has changed. I've never cared. There was never a reason to. When just about everyone is doing it, how is that not a level playing field? The only thing it does is allow you to appreciate the clean players that much more.

Can't wait for the next name
pimp.gif

And this.

Back
Top Bottom