Remember this? 6 years flew fast....

Originally Posted by man listen

from leggings to pedal pushers. I remember some article where Stackhouse was pleading his case that he was the one that did it first but Kobe made it popular.

lmfao @ artest looking like a poor dominican kid in that pic with the kings

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know the leggings had a purpose right?

They help to compress the knees so they don't get sore after playing. Beats a bucha ice packs on the knees post game for half an hour.

That's why they got so popular so soon. The more explosive players like it for the support on their knees. You never say Andre Miller wearing one...

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Man I was about to make a thread about this as one of the worst trends.

Who remembers when Wade a few years ago tried rocking the band-aid
laugh.gif

The band-aid was a terrible look, Dude even had Weezy wearing them.

Don't have a problem with these leg sleeves or even the short shorts. I know they look terrible, but it's for padding, Bad but not the worst.

I like RIP's swag though, That mask >>> (Kobe looks terrible with it though)

Trend was stupid, had no purpose. The new ones that are quarter length at least have the knee padded which definately helps when falling on the hardwood.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Originally Posted by man listen

from leggings to pedal pushers. I remember some article where Stackhouse was pleading his case that he was the one that did it first but Kobe made it popular.

lmfao @ artest looking like a poor dominican kid in that pic with the kings

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
yoooo
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Those full-length leggings though
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
completely forgot about those. Definitely glad they died out.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

kvsm23vs24 wrote:

Who remembers when Wade a few years ago tried rocking the band-aid
laugh.gif

Yeah, he stole that from Penny.

That #%*@ was corny. I never liked the long stockings look. I never understood how you could play with all that extra crap.

Can't believe this was 6 yeras ago
eek.gif
eek.gif

They never bothered me though... & even with the ban, players basically do it now anyway.
laugh.gif

david stern stopped it ..
he stopped it because it gave anyone who wore them superpowers..

i thought it was dope though ..

NBA players got way too much gear on, looking like volleyball/rugby players out there.  
The legging era was short lived, and it was awful.

Why did player do that? I mean, i don't really understand.

I would wear leggings if i'm playing a game outside in the cold, but why were they doing this in games indoors? lol

i still have mine, use them to workout occasionally since I dont hoop anymore.
It looked better back then than the way they wear them now. IMO

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

NBA players got way too much gear on, looking like volleyball/rugby players out there.  

whats wrong with the pads they have on ?
82 plus games and a contact sport

shoot i dont see why dont have more on .. 

Originally Posted by supahoopa

Basketball and "contact" sport don't belong in the same sentence.  Look back at NBA games of the 80's-90's, that was contact.  You came in to the paint you were going to pay for it.  All I see now is offensive players initiating contact, getting the call and going to the line.  If anything all NBA players need nowadays is a butt pad for all the flopping that goes on.
All that padding is unnecessary, they look ridiculous out there.  %%!+ you need a knee pad on your shin for,
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by supahoopa

Basketball and "contact" sport don't belong in the same sentence.  Look back at NBA games of the 80's-90's, that was contact.  You came in to the paint you were going to pay for it.  All I see now is offensive players initiating contact, getting the call and going to the line.  If anything all NBA players need nowadays is a butt pad for all the flopping that goes on.
All that padding is unnecessary, they look ridiculous out there.  %%!+ you need a knee pad on your shin for,
30t6p3b.gif
Maybe in the regular season, but playoff basketball is very physical.

Back
Top Bottom