Recommended Digital SLR Camera for a beginner videographer?

What's up NT, 
I was wondering if you guys could recommend a beginner DSLR camera for someone interested in diving into videography? Also looking for some good websites to get some info on getting started. I heard the Canon Rebel's are not bad, but wanted to get NT's opinion. I've looked up on Vimeo at various videos used with such and such cameras and it seems like it comes down to the user. Some of the videos were amazing and some not so impressive w/ the same camera.

Think I'd like to stay in the $300-$600 range. Any advice, recommendations, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Originally Posted by SkyyPilot

What's up NT, 
I was wondering if you guys could recommend a beginner DSLR camera for someone interested in diving into videography? Also looking for some good websites to get some info on getting started. I heard the Canon Rebel's are not bad, but wanted to get NT's opinion. I've looked up on Vimeo at various videos used with such and such cameras and it seems like it comes down to the user. Some of the videos were amazing and some not so impressive w/ the same camera.

Think I'd like to stay in the $300-$600 range. Any advice, recommendations, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 
Although the quality of the image may vary by camera, ultimately it's the user that makes for a quality video.  I've seen terrible pictures with DSLR's and great photos with an iPhone.  If you're really interested in a DSLR, look into a Rebel T2i.  They are around $600 now and are fairly easy to control the manual settings.

The T2i is a great camera with video capabilities.  But if you are planning to record audio too, pick up a digital audio recorder.  Recording sound on a DSLR is terrible.

I have been researching this the past week my self. Funny this was posted. I am leaning towards the T3i due to the screen on the back being able to flip out. Plus all the reviews are great.

Back
Top Bottom