Recommend Me Loafers vol. got a wide foot

You can get $20 off of most $80+ Kenneth Cole shoes through Amazon.

Just picked up a couple pairs of these. Can't ever have too many clean, good-looking dress shoes, especially when I can find 'em in my size and forsuch a low price. Free shipping as well.

41HcHCfDSTL._AA280_.jpg

41JdMgIhV8L._AA280_.jpg

31WZZk5RQOL._AA280_.jpg

idk maybe nothing more than like 150 at most...

ALSO, if you guys could include pics, links, prices, etc it would make it much much easier

I would say go for a round/pointy shoe. the square front shoes have been around for a long time but the round/pointy are in style now. I'm still lookingfor a nice pair for myself.

I would say hit up bostonian or kenneth cole for something in your price range or even macys cuz they have a decent selection from alot of brands.

Johnston and Murphy are ridiculously comfortable...more so than I thought I'd find in a casual/dress shoe.

I was in your situation beginning of this summer when i 1st started my internship. I went to macys and bought these, I love this things. Only thing was 1stweek or so they wern't as comfortable as they are now, they needed to be broken in a little bit.

Can't get a pic, its stupid flash
http://www1.macys.com/cat...=219549&CategoryID=39833

Also check out the thread in general on dressing better. Gave me alot of tips to transform into more business attire.

Originally Posted by NewZ05

idk maybe nothing more than like 150 at most...

ALSO, if you guys could include pics, links, prices, etc it would make it much much easier
i just got bostonian for 70 buck...orig 100 buck...

where are you interning? u got it through career center? that place sucks.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Johnston and Murphy are ridiculously comfortable...more so than I thought I'd find in a casual/dress shoe.
QFT.

please, if your budget allows at all, do NOT go with glued shoe. Johnston and Murphy is a great start, and Allen Edmonds is where it's at if you want to bewearing a comfortable, classy shoe that will last you 10+ years with resoling and recrafting.

you cannot resole or recraft with glued soles- which you will find from fashion labels like Kennith Cole, etc... the Goodyear welting technique that someJohnston and Murphy shoes and most Allen Edmond shoes use in construction allow this. also, many of these brands use corrected grain leather, which creasesheavily and in a way that make your shoes look beat. Good leather makes a huge difference in the patina, the shine, and the way it creases gives it character.

do your research and it will pay off. I highly recommend that you check out Ask Andy forums if you're looking on making a long term investment in a pair ofdress shoes that will keep you looking fly.

If you are tight on your budget, you'll be fine with a pair that you like the looks of from Kenneth Cole and similar brands.

RFX, any insight? I always enjoy reading your posts and advice on this topic.

These are without a doubt two of the most comfortable dress shoes ever made:
41NP5T9ZZHL._AA280_.jpg

Mephisto Abel's, retail for $430 but sometimes on ebay you can find them cheaper.

AAAAAhLkiKYAAAAAAGea3g.jpg

Johnson and Murphy Parrish cap toe retail $200, but I've seen them for $120. They may be discontinued but there should be a similar new model. Deer skinFTW.

IMO, the ONLY acceptable dress shoe (outside of loafers) are cap toes. With your description in mind, I would recommend:

Bostonian Cap Toe (Black & Burgundy)

41KSWR4G4NL._AA280_.jpg
41A90QK1W9L._AA280_.jpg

41E3DYGNGJL._AA280_.jpg
31AK230D75L._AA280_.jpg

They're at Macy's for $69.99.
http://www1.macys.com/cat...=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

I just finished my second internship with The Bank of New York Mellon wearing these two pairs every day and they still look brand new (though I do shine themonce a week). For an internship, you'll definitely stand out with a shiny pair of cap-toes. NEVER go to the office with them dirty. Get a can of Kiwineutral shoe polish and shine them once a week.

If you're looking for a similar pair, but a better name brand, check out Cole Hann's Caldwell for $158.
http://www.josbank.com/IW...ount=&Product_Id=236

Btw ... Whatever pair you choose, DO NOT pick anything square-toed. This is definitely frowned-upon in more prestigious positions/companies. Save them for theclub. Good luck on the internship!

dude id just make sure to put new insoles in the dress shoes it makes them much more comfortable

Back
Top Bottom