Realtalk: My pops is an #+#*+#% to my mom

Mister Meaner

formerly super producer j
smh.gif
tired.gif

I've never seen my parents "in love" or something remotely close to it. In my 20 years, I've come to realize through my own eyes and throughmom duke's testimony that he is a straight up prick. Most of this comes from after some time at the bar with his fellas. I'm not gonna put all thebusiness out there, but I will say that he just does some a-hole childish things. For example, dude pissed in one of her shoes some years ago. Just tonight, hetossed some clothes on the floor that had been hanging dry. Really? I don't know where the breakup started, or who to blame (well, probably pops), but thatis not relevant to today. I can only wonder what their retirement years will be like. And honestly neither of them can even afford a divorce right now. My momhas told me her and her friends talk about this all the time, and each one of them are in the same predicament.

I'm thankful for this life lesson. I see these two growing older and further apart. I vow to never become such a %$%@ in a relationship.

I don't have a blog so....

i might have to swing on pops if he pissed in my mom's shoes. he's obvious to immature to talk it out like a man.

i can relate to you to an extent, my parents have no normal conversations, everything is an argument, even conversations that are in no way arguments are

still somehow arguments, and even with that being said, they barely speak to each other. even when i was a little kid i never remember my parents ever

actually getting along

Yo on the real, just take it as a lesson on how not to treat the woman you "love"

There are two ways that having a father like that can go.

My dad was constantly creeping on my mom, out doing drugs, picking up women, not coming home at night, etc., etc. Even at a young age I saw how it affected herand swore I would never treat a woman like that.

My boy on the other hand has the same kind of father, but rather than take it as an example of how not to be he is simply following in his footsteps. I try tospeak to him and tell him to stop treating women like he does, but he isn't hearing it. He swears once he gets married the cheating is going to stop, butone look at his dad proves it is just an endless cycle.

just use your father as an exaple of how not to be a husband..........and maybe have a sit down and let him know about hiself

it would be waaay different, and eye opening coming from you.........

damm bro,sorry to hear about your dad being like that. well,i never met my dad,and my moms is the most important person in the world for me, but if i did havemy dad I wouldn't like it if my dad was being a ****** like that,..im all in for your mom bro,its your dad that needs to go..

Take it as a sort of blessing. My dad never knew his biological father and his step dad was a douche, it made him who he is. My father is the best I could askfor. This should also show people that simply because one is older, one is not more mature. It might come off as ignorant, but I've met people much olderthan me who are extremely immature. it's disgusting and sad at the same time.

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy

indifferent.gif

sorry to hear that man. How old are you btw and what is your relationship with your pops?
I'm 20 and me and pops are actually cool. I have a much, much stronger relationship with my mom though. I turn to both for different reasons,purposes, and perks.

I painted a very negative picture of him from my first post, but this isn't him 100% of the time. As stated, mainly when he's got that liquor in him.

needsomejays, their conversations are pretty much the same. There are just relatively calm days and very aggressive days.

It's great to look up to your father and take his lessons on how to be a husband, father, and a man in life.

It's also important to see where he's fallen short, and do your best not to make the mistakes of your father, and where you can be a better man.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's great to look up to your father and take his lessons on how to be a husband, father, and a man in life.

It's also important to see where he's fallen short, and do your best not to make the mistakes of your father, and where you can be a better man.

Originally Posted by I Make My Own Path

Originally Posted by ccsp707

Originally Posted by s1eepyboy
i thought the gif was pretty funny

bbut things clearly arent that bad if ya mom i still with ur pops

This isn't always the case, my parents had a similar relationship as OP's. My mom only stayed with my dad because she thought it would hurt my siblingsand I if she got a divorce. Truth be told I was happy they got divorced, I hate my dad. There is always a reason that they could be together even though theydon't get along, as OP stated financially it wouldn't make sense for them to divorce.

Sorry to hear that man...yea it sounds like ur pops just ain't happy anymore or hasn't been happy...my wife's
parents are the same way...I know it sucks when u can't afford a divorce but it's the best thing to do...it would
kill me to see my parents like that and I know I would have sat my pops down and would have had a serious
talk w/ him

My parents never got married…but they are together (just like their married) my mom told me back when I was 16if my dad leaves then he leaves, so I guess that's why I never fully showed him 100% love
frown.gif
tired.gif

I think marriage is outdate btw.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

smh.gif
tired.gif

I've never seen my parents "in love" or something remotely close to it. In my 20 years, I've come to realize through my own eyes and through mom duke's testimony that he is a straight up prick. Most of this comes from after some time at the bar with his fellas. I'm not gonna put all the business out there, but I will say that he just does some a-hole childish things. For example, dude pissed in one of her shoes some years ago. Just tonight, he tossed some clothes on the floor that had been hanging dry. Really? I don't know where the breakup started, or who to blame (well, probably pops), but that is not relevant to today. I can only wonder what their retirement years will be like. And honestly neither of them can even afford a divorce right now. My mom has told me her and her friends talk about this all the time, and each one of them are in the same predicament.

I'm thankful for this life lesson. I see these two growing older and further apart. I vow to never become such a %$%@ in a relationship.

I don't have a blog so....
I feel you
ohwell.gif
. One of my few points of integrity is that Iknow I'm not built to do most of the %$@ hole !%$! that people put their women through.... that's like half of all that I stand on, next to music thatis.

Back
Top Bottom