Real talk if Lil wayne died today would offically be considered a legend ?

He's already had a legendary career. Think about it... dude's has been "playing in the pros" since he was 14 and has dropped enoughgood-to-great material to make the "all hip-hop team" for a number of those years. He's transended hip-hop as we know it (for better or worse)with pop joints like Lollipop (not a bad song actually..) and featured with nearly EVERY relevent pop, hip-hop, or RnB artist on the map... Not to mention theguy has emmense raw talent and still has a lot of untapped potential and as far as I know, it only takes untapped potential and like... TWO albums to make youa legend....
grin.gif

Compare Lil' Wayne's career to the REST of the Hot boyz.. then stop and think how many rappers don't even get as far as the Hot Boyz did. Yeah...Weezy is some type of legend whether you like it or not.

Like Nay said, consider that C2 dropped in 05! Since then, Weezy has been grindin out 12 mixtapes a month and can still sell out anywhere in this country.Whether or not you appreciate//ike what Weezy says, he's got the whole COUNTRY repeating him. HE could be a legend off of influence alone. In 10 years morepeople will be able to finish this line:

"I'll be damned mama they know who I am mama, ___________________________"

than this one

"I drink Moet with Madussa give her shotguns in hell________________________". That's GOTTA count for SOMETHING....especially on NT
grin.gif

Originally Posted by PeterJamesThe3rd

Originally Posted by Sole Emcee92

You think Pun is top 5?

you dont?

He had one hot album and yeah baby is the worst follow up to a classic in rap history- give it a break. Pun is my dude but hes not top 5

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

He's already had a legendary career. Think about it... dude's has been "playing in the pros" since he was 14 and has dropped enough good-to-great material to make the "all hip-hop team" for a number of those years. He's transended hip-hop as we know it (for better or worse) with pop joints like Lollipop (not a bad song actually..) and featured with nearly EVERY relevent pop, hip-hop, or RnB artist on the map... Not to mention the guy has emmense raw talent and still has a lot of untapped potential and as far as I know, it only takes untapped potential and like... TWO albums to make you a legend....
grin.gif

Compare Lil' Wayne's career to the REST of the Hot boyz.. then stop and think how many rappers don't even get as far as the Hot Boyz did. Yeah... Weezy is some type of legend whether you like it or not.

Like Nay said, consider that C2 dropped in 05! Since then, Weezy has been grindin out 12 mixtapes a month and can still sell out anywhere in this country. Whether or not you appreciate//ike what Weezy says, he's got the whole COUNTRY repeating him. HE could be a legend off of influence alone. In 10 years more people will be able to finish this line:

than this one

"[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I drink Moet with Madussa give her shotguns in hell[/color]________________________". That's GOTTA count for SOMETHING....especially on NT
grin.gif

Maybe I missed something but you are not saying Lil Wayne was the first person ever to say this right?

roll.gif
@ most of these responses..
indifferent.gif

the people who dig him > the people who hate him

and for that reason alone, yes if he were to drop dead right this second, he'd be considered a legend.

Would he be considered a legend - Yes

Would I consider him a legend - No

In 10 years more people will be able to finish this line:
If you ask the average teenager, this is already true.
smh.gif

Legends has classic albums & songs people remember, Lil Wayne has none of that. He only popular cause he keeps his name out there, he will never sell over2 millions albums.

Yeah...you COMPLETELY missed what I was saying.

Hahaha yeah I just read what you wrote again and it makes sense. I need to go to bed, not used to being up since 5 in the morning. Sad thing is yourright.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I'm glad I can't finish that Wayne line
laugh.gif

If you don't know the other one...
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
... at least you get what I'm trying to say though. I know both lines, and BOTH are classic lines to me. But we both know, like my man said, if youask today's teens (I'm 19... can't wait to not be a teen
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
), the wayne line sticks out way further. And POPULAR opinion is halfthe battle..

What song in Lil' Wayne's catalog are people going to be bumping 15-20 years from now? Does he have any timeless songs or albums? The term"legend" gets thrown around so much that the word loses its luster and it's meaning to some extent. I mean, for a lot of the reasons you all haveposted, Little Bow Wow could be considered a "legend" as well if he passed away....

^He has timeless mixtape material... and that's gotta count for something since the "mixtape era" usurped the "album era" around 2000.Point Blank, Wayne is one of the leaders of today's hip-hop.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Legends has classic albums & songs people remember, Lil Wayne has none of that. He only popular cause he keeps his name out there, he will never sell over 2 millions albums.

I think he is going to sell more than that. Probably something around 700k first week.

Even though record sales do not match the quality of an album, Wayne actually is that popular.

damn rilla idk you were that young...must got one of them old souls.

but back to the subject. wayne is a legend and i tell you why... cause ninjas dying to be wayne and wayne still alive..... he's been the hottest rapper inda last 5 years. works harder than a mexican jamacian

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

damn rilla idk you were that young...must got one of them old souls.

but back to the subject. wayne is a legend and i tell you why... cause ninjas dying to be wayne and wayne still alive..... he's been the hottest rapper in da last 5 years. works harder than a mexican jamacian

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Welcome back Rilla . . .

Who got to you Joe Clark?? Or that dude from Stand & Deliver??

Anyway I'm co-signin what Rilla is sayin . . .

I'll never be a fan, but I'm deffinetly willing to check out Carter 3 and see if he can live up to the hype . . . Maybe the LEGEND title will bedeserving . . .

He's already had a legendary career. Think about it... dude's has been "playing in the pros" since he was 14 and has dropped enough good-to-great material to make the "all hip-hop team" for a number of those years. He's transended hip-hop as we know it (for better or worse) with pop joints like Lollipop (not a bad song actually..) and featured with nearly EVERY relevent pop, hip-hop, or RnB artist on the map... Not to mention the guy has emmense raw talent and still has a lot of untapped potential and as far as I know, it only takes untapped potential and like... TWO albums to make you a legend....
grin.gif

Compare Lil' Wayne's career to the REST of the Hot boyz.. then stop and think how many rappers don't even get as far as the Hot Boyz did. Yeah... Weezy is some type of legend whether you like it or not.

Like Nay said, consider that C2 dropped in 05! Since then, Weezy has been grindin out 12 mixtapes a month and can still sell out anywhere in this country. Whether or not you appreciate//ike what Weezy says, he's got the whole COUNTRY repeating him. HE could be a legend off of influence alone. In 10 years more people will be able to finish this line:

than this one

"I drink Moet with Madussa give her shotguns in hell________________________". That's GOTTA count for SOMETHING....especially on NT
grin.gif
No disrespect to DeWayne... but... THIS IS A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What song in Lil' Wayne's catalog are people going to be bumping 15-20 years from now? Does he have any timeless songs or albums? The term "legend" gets thrown around so much that the word loses its luster and it's meaning to some extent. I mean, for a lot of the reasons you all have posted, Little Bow Wow could be considered a "legend" as well if he passed away....

u see Bow wow could if he died today could have been a legend if he kept he [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]music clean and non eplicit[/color] and now not only having TI write for himand taking his flow he sorta has a weezy flow and look Weezy F. and u got [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]BowWeezy[/color]. But when now when Bow wow dies he will make Ti more famous just mario did for ne-yo when poeple find out hewrote" let me love you" and would make wayne seem like his father the same way Fab,mase and loon situation. People for get Bow wow been in this gamealmost ten years may be he should kept the braids if it was for Omarion, bow wow could end up having a career like fat joe (no ninjahood)

Back
Top Bottom