+real quick+ which heat/maverick final game was said to be fixed??

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by andysleon

wasnt there also a time out that was supposedly called by the mavs during a freethrow and they never actually called it and they werent allowed to take a better shot at the end of game 5 because they couldnt advance the ball to the front court? not that big of a deal but they lost by 1 so yea... terrible finals...
I think that was when Howard was signalling to Avery whether or not he should call a timeout after the first freethrow and the ref thought he was actually calling it himself so they gave up their last timeout.
no, Josh %#$$%!! called that timeout, multiple times. He misunderstood what Avery was telling him. There is a video out there somewhere, the ref even gives him a chance like, "you sure?" and he calls it again. Funny enough, he did the exact same thing (think Webber vs UNC) in college.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by andysleon

wasnt there also a time out that was supposedly called by the mavs during a freethrow and they never actually called it and they werent allowed to take a better shot at the end of game 5 because they couldnt advance the ball to the front court? not that big of a deal but they lost by 1 so yea... terrible finals...
I think that was when Howard was signalling to Avery whether or not he should call a timeout after the first freethrow and the ref thought he was actually calling it himself so they gave up their last timeout.
no, Josh %#$$%!! called that timeout, multiple times. He misunderstood what Avery was telling him. There is a video out there somewhere, the ref even gives him a chance like, "you sure?" and he calls it again. Funny enough, he did the exact same thing (think Webber vs UNC) in college.

Now I understand that certain players get superstar treatment, but someone should be put behind bars for that game. I'm sure most people don't even respect that ring because of the obvious cheating going on. It needs an asterisk really.

That insight that donaghy gave about stern hating cuban should be enough evidence, aside from the horrible calls of course. If any "championship" should be rescinded, it should definitely be that one.

Now I understand that certain players get superstar treatment, but someone should be put behind bars for that game. I'm sure most people don't even respect that ring because of the obvious cheating going on. It needs an asterisk really.

That insight that donaghy gave about stern hating cuban should be enough evidence, aside from the horrible calls of course. If any "championship" should be rescinded, it should definitely be that one.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

There is no way that someone could have watched that series and say that Wade didn't get preferential treatment from the referees. Every other play it seemed like he was lying on the floor, and nobody touched him. It was pathetic.

It's tough to win a game, much less a series when it's 5 versus 8.

QFT.  Also, the way that the officiating was during the Warriors/Jazz 07' series. Straight up horrendous.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

There is no way that someone could have watched that series and say that Wade didn't get preferential treatment from the referees. Every other play it seemed like he was lying on the floor, and nobody touched him. It was pathetic.

It's tough to win a game, much less a series when it's 5 versus 8.

QFT.  Also, the way that the officiating was during the Warriors/Jazz 07' series. Straight up horrendous.

^Marketing...Obviously they'd rather have Wade and Shaq win it than a jump-shooting European.

^Marketing...Obviously they'd rather have Wade and Shaq win it than a jump-shooting European.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

it was sad watching that series... i felt a husband watching his wife get smashed by the homie....

knowing its fixed but watched it anyway....... GAME 7 this yr was suspect as well.. 2nd half at least
how was Game 7 fixed 2nd half, o yea because the lakers won, everytime they win, the game is "fixed"

it was sad watching that series... i felt a husband watching his wife get smashed by the homie....

knowing its fixed but watched it anyway....... GAME 7 this yr was suspect as well.. 2nd half at least
how was Game 7 fixed 2nd half, o yea because the lakers won, everytime they win, the game is "fixed"

I hated wade so much during that time period.

He is one of my favorite players now, but at the time it was disgusting. Mavs got robbed & never recovered

I hated wade so much during that time period.

He is one of my favorite players now, but at the time it was disgusting. Mavs got robbed & never recovered

I was sick to my stomach watching the refs give Miami the title .... Mavs won that series to me. We know the real.

I was sick to my stomach watching the refs give Miami the title .... Mavs won that series to me. We know the real.

After Dallas went up 2-0, the number of free-throws attempted in Games 3 through Game 6 went as follows:

Game 3 - Dallas loses by 2
- Dallas: 26
- Miami: 34
- Wade: 18

Game 4 - Dallas loses by 24
- Dallas: 27
- Miami: 36
- Wade: 9

Game 5 - Dallas loses by 1
- Dallas: 25
- Miami: 49
- Wade: 25

Game 6 - Dallas loses by 3
- Dallas: 23
- Miami: 37
- Wade: 21

Barring Game 4, where the refs may not have felt the need to call things as "closely" due to it being a blowout, let's total number of free-throws for Games 3, 5, and 6 (which were decided by a total of 6 points): Dallas attempted 74, Miami attempted 107, Wade attempted 64.

On average, Dallas attempted 11 less free-throws per game than Miami, and only 3 (rounded) more free-throws AS A TEAM than Wade himself.

Absolutely disgusting series to watch.

After Dallas went up 2-0, the number of free-throws attempted in Games 3 through Game 6 went as follows:

Game 3 - Dallas loses by 2
- Dallas: 26
- Miami: 34
- Wade: 18

Game 4 - Dallas loses by 24
- Dallas: 27
- Miami: 36
- Wade: 9

Game 5 - Dallas loses by 1
- Dallas: 25
- Miami: 49
- Wade: 25

Game 6 - Dallas loses by 3
- Dallas: 23
- Miami: 37
- Wade: 21

Barring Game 4, where the refs may not have felt the need to call things as "closely" due to it being a blowout, let's total number of free-throws for Games 3, 5, and 6 (which were decided by a total of 6 points): Dallas attempted 74, Miami attempted 107, Wade attempted 64.

On average, Dallas attempted 11 less free-throws per game than Miami, and only 3 (rounded) more free-throws AS A TEAM than Wade himself.

Absolutely disgusting series to watch.

Originally Posted by The Technodrome

cmon now the reffing was horrible in game 7

Originally Posted by emulov

yea but he's comparing it to the 2006 Finals where Stern practically obviously handed the title to the Heat, Boston had their chance to close out the Lakers in Game 7 it wasn't handed to them, this coming from someone who is neutral. Plus Pierce and Allen didn't take it upon themselves to step up, Pierce gave Rondo the last shot my dude...so you know the defense picked up

Originally Posted by emulov

yea but he's comparing it to the 2006 Finals where Stern practically obviously handed the title to the Heat, Boston had their chance to close out the Lakers in Game 7 it wasn't handed to them, this coming from someone who is neutral. Plus Pierce and Allen didn't take it upon themselves to step up, Pierce gave Rondo the last shot my dude...so you know the defense picked up

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Plus Stern doesnt want Cuban to win a title. I think it has more to do with Cuban than marketing.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Plus Stern doesnt want Cuban to win a title. I think it has more to do with Cuban than marketing.

Back
Top Bottom