Real Deal College Football Discussion... no homers please

Oh and thanks Gunna for pointing that all out so i dont have to for the 500th time. I swear jmadidas loses his damn mind in here lol.

THE RAIDER NATION​
Return To Glory

^lmao. this time it's gonna be different
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football: Still Undefeated​

Anyone with a rivals account want to let me know what happened with McGuffie? Pushed back his decision or something?

Craftsy21 do you still post at covers or have you ventured over to cappingthegame?
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
We get PHYSICAL

Prediction of the Big Ten comin from a midwest guy:

1. Michigan
2. Wisconsin
3. Ohio State
4. Penn State
5. Purdue
6. Iowa
7. Illinois
8. Michigan State
9. Minnesota
10. Northwestern
11. Indiana
Buckeye Mindstate

Also from a midwest guy... hailing from Minnesota...

BIG 10 report... Personally all I can tell you about the teams (copied and pasted from above rankings)

1. Michigan - Coming back with offensive nucleus of Henne, Hart and Manningham plus a solid O-Line, it will be hard to stop their attack.
2. Wisconsin - My team, they are solid everywhere except QB... defense will be a great unit, RB P.J. Hill returns from an amazing freshman season and Brett Bielema is one of the top young coaches in the NCAA.
3. Ohio State - Will definitely have some adjustment period after losing T. Smith, Ginn Jr., Gonzales and Pittman... watch out for soph #28 RB Chris Wells though, he's a rumbler that some have compared to Eric Dickerson with his 6'2" 230 frame. Big hype as a prep recruit, time to show it on the field.
4. Penn State - Don't know much about them other than they have a strong LB corps led by Dan Connor, one of the top LBs in the nation
5. Purdue - Know almost nothing about them
6. Iowa - After years of battling with Wisconsin for 2nd fiddle in the Big 10, they will suffer after losing Drew Tate and a couple other key contributors.
7. Illinois - Poised for a program turnaround. Ron Zook is one of the best recruiters in the nation, and recently bagged 5-stars WR Arrelious Benn and DE Martez Wilson among others in a strong 2007 class. Look for Illinois to make a run at the top 1/2 of the conference very soon.
8. Michigan State - Don't know much.
9. Minnesota - Looking to start a new era with new coach Tim Brewster, they need to finally start grabbing in-state recruits and stop letting them slip to neighboring states.
10. Northwestern - Who cares
11. Indiana - Tough to say. Personally I think the bottom 8/9/10/11 of the Big 10 will go Minnesota/Mich State/Indiana/Northwestern.

NCAA CHAMPS: USC (they are too stacked to ignore... their recruiting is going to be paying off for years to come)
HEISMAN: McFadden should put up some monster stats barring injury, but JD Booty will become the golden boy of NCAA football just like Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, and Carson Palmer before him. Arkansas just won't be good enough. Runners up I think will be Pat White, DeSean Jackson and Ray Rice.
THIS IS LOUIS VUITTON DIME NIGHT
SO WE GON' DO EVERYTHING THAT KAN LIKE
8/28

Heisman winner: Little Rock native and Arkansas RB Darren McFadden. I expect another monster year for him.

BCS title: USC over LSU

SEC

SEC East:
1. Florida
2. Tennessee
3. Georgia
4. S. Carolina
5. Kentucky
6. Vanderbilt

SEC West:
1. LSU
2. Auburn
3. Arkansas
4. Alabama
5. Ole Miss
6. Miss. St.

Quote:
SEC is ALWAYS overrated
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
0]
alien.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
0]
alien.gif
Team Eagles
Your 2008 Super Bowl Champs
teamautobot​
MEGATRON = VASTLY OVERRATED

Answer, this is from the last article on McGuffie...

Quote:
What do you think of U-M's chances to land running back Sam McGuffie?

"They've done a great job recruiting the kid, maybe better than anyone else because they're one of a few schools that truly listened to the kid and his wants. A lot of schools have approached McGuffie about changing positions playing cornerback or safety or a receiver in the slot. Let's face it, there is an elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. If you're a talented white running back, a lot of schools want you to switch positions. But McGuffie didn't want to switch because he feels he's as good as any other running back nationally, and rightfully so. His numbers, his film, and his speed they're just incredible.

"From the start Michigan has told him 'You can play running back' and I think the kid, who is pretty smart about things, looks at that depth chart and realizes that there is no heir apparent to Mike Hart. Kevin Grady hasn't worked out like we thought he would and Brandon Minor might not be the guy. I don't even know what's happening with Carlos Brown, and they didn't get a big-time back last year. He'll have an opportunity to play early, and from what we're hearing Michigan seems to be the favorite because of its loyalty to keeping McGuffie right where he wants to be."
|I
tired.gif

McGuffie pushed his announcement date back because the sports host for Channel 2 is going on vacation for 2 weeks and he wants to announce on that show. He will come to Michigan. I was hoping for Darrell Scott to be Michigans back but I guess the coaches think Sam will be a stud at Michigan. I don't believe it.

Filer seems to be ND bound. Thought we may have had a shot with his dad being old friends with Brandon Grahams dad but who knows. He still may make it over to AA sometime and hopefully it will be September 15th when Michigan rolls them by 30+. ND is having a real good start to the recruiting season but will lose about 4 recruits by the end of their terrible year. ND fans that think they won't lose 5 or more games are kidding themselves.

Baldwin is gonna be a LOI day signing. I think it will be a Michigan/ND/Pitt battle. Michigan got their #1 WR target this year in Darryl Stonum. Already given the #1 jersey. Mario wants #86 to have its own legacy. Michigan will have an alright recruiting year and I am waiting to see how John Weinke (no relation to Chris(thank God)) will do at the Elite 11 camp.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

filers down to nd and osu.. i say he verbals to nd by end of july.. and nd wont lose 5 games this year, i say we lose 4, but i am still excited to see who steps up during the year with all the young players that will be getting playing time...

and yes, nd has had a great start to the recruiting year.. #1 with scout and #3 with rivals, and rivals was before ethan johnson committed... but its still early, and the way nd got screwed over last year(death to little and trattaou), im taking nothing for granted.. also i expect filer, floyd, sabbino, and jeremy brown to all be irish soon...
[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

I see ND easily losing to PSU, Michigan, UCLA and USC. Then possible loses to BC and Purdue. Maybe Stanford too. They have a tough schedule and it is not the best year for it. These kids are all about whos hot at the moment and if ND struggles they will look elsewhere. Its just how it goes.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

About PSU... is this going to be a breakout year for Derrick Williams?
THIS IS LOUIS VUITTON DIME NIGHT
SO WE GON' DO EVERYTHING THAT KAN LIKE
8/28

Quote:
About PSU... is this going to be a breakout year for Derrick Williams?

If he stops running his routes like Steve Breaston.

Newbs thanks for that update on McGuffie... subject lines had me a little worried.

I'm really looking forward to Weinke as well... think he'll get his 4th star?

Weinke will get his 4th star right after the Elite 11 unless he is god-awful. I could see him placing in the Top 4 overall.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

oh yea, and about McGuffie, rumor has it that he is calling nd coaches asking if there is still room for him as our class is filling up quick... i really don't know what to make of this, because it seems like its been a&m and michigan, but it appears he might have had a change of heart... but who knows, and truthfully if nd doesn't even take a rb with this class i wouldn't care...
[color=003300]E[/color][color=255025]q[/color][color=6e8b6e]u[/color][color=92a892]i[/color][color=b7c5b7]p[/color][color=dbe3db]o[/color]TR[color=ffb7b7]I[/color][color=ff9292]c[/color][color=ff6e6e]o[/color][color=ff4949]l[/color][color=ff2525]o[/color][color=ff0000]r[/color]​
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

Quote:
oh yea, and about McGuffie, rumor has it that he is calling nd coaches asking if there is still room for him as our class is filling up quick... i really don't know what to make of this, because it seems like its been a&m and michigan, but it appears he might have had a change of heart...
:rofl:
roll.gif

lol.. i knew saying mcguffie to nd would hit a cord with the michigan folks.. and we're good with cissoko, our secondary recruiting is just fine..
T E A M M I D W E S T
Reppin the 260
FLO holdin down Indiana​

Quote:
lol.. i knew saying mcguffie to nd would hit a cord with the michigan folks.. and we're good with cissoko, our secondary recruiting is just fine..
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS

Back
Top Bottom