Re: Why Dark-Skinned People From The Dominican Republic Refuse Their Blackness

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by debs 168

hispanic does not mean that. hispanic means coming from a spanish speaking country. its linked by language, not by race. not everybody thats hispanic has taino blood in them.

AT ALL. taino is not the end all be all of native americans in latin america.
taino can be replaced with any kinda of indigenous people that were in south America/Caribbeans  before spain and da african slaves got here.

ALL hispanics have all 3 ingredients one way or another.

Carmelo Anthony Claims he's black AND Puertorican.... which one of your courageous NTers are gonna tell him to stop repping his hispanic side because according to ya it just means your black again?
grin.gif
laugh.gif
you dont rep your black side
Why do you and everyone else care so much though whether he or any other dominican reps it or not though?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

(As a quick aside, does anyone remember back in like 2004 when there was a movement to get rid of the word "Hispanic" because it was considered a racial slur slash term of ignorance?)
Yes, I slip and use it once in a blue moon, but the accepted term is Latino.

There's also a debate/movement to get rid of "race".  Frankly, everything is broken down in black & white, then they saw Latino's and scientifically they are +%$$#+#+ their pants: "Oh *+#%, they are a mix of a variety we can't comprehend, are they black? are they white? are they both? are they indigenous?.

Racial designations are outdated, sad to see some hang their arguments on that hat.
because black latinos have african blood in them and are descendants of slaves. black latinos would not exist without slavery, end of story.
They do have African blood, but they may also have a different genetic makeup that is not exclusive to "African Blood".  That is why I see NH's view.

He may be part black, does that mean he has to accept or embrace his "blackness"?

That's why I used myself, because I don't want to speak for NH.  My genetic makeup isn't as simple as some of you are trying to make it.

Nako tossed out that I am part "White Mexican", so does that mean I should dismiss my fathers Indigenous heavy genetic makeup just because my mothers genes were that much stronger.  That is why the "race" debate does not work, because Latino's are a mix of white, black, indigenous, etc.

Would you guys be happy if we Latino's just start saying: "Hey I'm a Mixed Mexican/Puerto Rican/Dominican".  On the surface, NH skin complexion is black, but do you guys know the genetic makeup of his entire family.  There are different hue's of skin tone within Latin families.  Hence why "racial designation" is quickly dismissed by Latino's.

If someone would come up to me and said, you are a "White Mexican", I would be insulted. 

i understand everything you're saying but why would you (not saying that you do but this is how your post as well as ninjahood's posts are coming across) say that this is exclusive to latinos?

it is not.

there are plenty of african americans that have white ppl, native americans, etc. in their family, historically, as a result from slavery.

its actually typical.

(As a quick aside, does anyone remember back in like 2004 when there was a movement to get rid of the word "Hispanic" because it was considered a racial slur slash term of ignorance?)

There's also a debate/movement to get rid of "race".  Frankly, everything is broken down in black & white, then they saw Latino's and scientifically they are +%$$#+#+ their pants: "Oh *+#%, they are a mix of a variety we can't comprehend, are they black? are they white? are they both? are they indigenous?.

Racial designations are outdated, sad to see some hang their arguments on that hat.
because black latinos have african blood in them and are descendants of slaves. black latinos would not exist without slavery, end of story.
They do have African blood, but they may also have a different genetic makeup that is not exclusive to "African Blood".  That is why I see NH's view.

He may be part black, does that mean he has to accept or embrace his "blackness"?

That's why I used myself, because I don't want to speak for NH.  My genetic makeup isn't as simple as some of you are trying to make it.

Nako tossed out that I am part "White Mexican", so does that mean I should dismiss my fathers Indigenous heavy genetic makeup just because my mothers genes were that much stronger.  That is why the "race" debate does not work, because Latino's are a mix of white, black, indigenous, etc.

Would you guys be happy if we Latino's just start saying: "Hey I'm a Mixed Mexican/Puerto Rican/Dominican".  On the surface, NH skin complexion is black, but do you guys know the genetic makeup of his entire family.  There are different hue's of skin tone within Latin families.  Hence why "racial designation" is quickly dismissed by Latino's.

If someone would come up to me and said, you are a "White Mexican", I would be insulted. 

i understand everything you're saying but why would you (not saying that you do but this is how your post as well as ninjahood's posts are coming across) say that this is exclusive to latinos?

it is not.

there are plenty of african americans that have white ppl, native americans, etc. in their family, historically, as a result from slavery.

its actually typical.

There are different hue's of skin tone within Latin families.  Hence why "racial designation" is quickly dismissed by Latino's.

swiftly.

Lets just say, "ALL Hispanics have all 3 ingredients one way or another" which are indigenous people, Spanish, and da African slaves.

Which means this is what your dad and your mother is too. This mean there is 1/3 of you that is da African.

Da African = Spanish= indigenous people = .333 in the same value

You rep the Spanish part= the language

You rep some of the traditional indigenous practices

However, you neglect Da African.

.666 don’t = 1

You forget an equally important part of yourself

Hispanic means you are property of Spain.
Latino
[h2]Definitions in other languages[/h2]
Further information: Latins

The term latino (feminine latina) in the Romance languages, such as ItalianPortuguese, and Spanish, literally translates as "Latin". The cognate French term is Latin, not Latino. Portuguese dictionaries define the demonym latino to refer to natives of Romance-speaking nations influenced by Roman civilization, and to the natives or inhabitants of ancient Latium (modern Lazio).[sup][33][/sup][sup][34][/sup] Italian dictionaries define the demonym latino as: the ancient Latins and Romans, and their language, Latin, as well as the neo-Latin nations.[sup][35][/sup][sup][36][/sup] The dictionary of theReal Academia Española defines ten meanings for latino, including the ancient peoples of Latium and the modern Romance-speaking European and American nations.[sup][37][/sup] In these languages, latino, just like any other demonym, is by convention not capitalized.
[h2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino_(demonym)[/h2]
carte-latium.gif

Lets just say, "ALL Hispanics have all 3 ingredients one way or another" which are indigenous people, Spanish, and da African slaves.

Which means this is what your dad and your mother is too. This mean there is 1/3 of you that is da African.

.666 don’t = 1

You forget an equally important part of yourself

There are different hue's of skin tone within Latin families.  Hence why "racial designation" is quickly dismissed by Latino's.

swiftly.

Hispanic means you are property of Spain.
Latino
[h2]Definitions in other languages[/h2]
Further information: Latins

The term latino (feminine latina) in the Romance languages, such as ItalianPortuguese, and Spanish, literally translates as "Latin". The cognate French term is Latin, not Latino. Portuguese dictionaries define the demonym latino to refer to natives of Romance-speaking nations influenced by Roman civilization, and to the natives or inhabitants of ancient Latium (modern Lazio).[sup][33][/sup][sup][34][/sup] Italian dictionaries define the demonym latino as: the ancient Latins and Romans, and their language, Latin, as well as the neo-Latin nations.[sup][35][/sup][sup][36][/sup] The dictionary of theReal Academia Española defines ten meanings for latino, including the ancient peoples of Latium and the modern Romance-speaking European and American nations.[sup][37][/sup] In these languages, latino, just like any other demonym, is by convention not capitalized.
[h2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latino_(demonym)[/h2]
carte-latium.gif

swiftly.

there are many black ppl from america with relatives that are light skinned, dark skinned, have grey eyes, green eyes, brown eyes, different hair textures, etc. and they are all from the same family.

what part of this is not exclusive to latinos do you not understand??

swiftly.

there are many black ppl from america with relatives that are light skinned, dark skinned, have grey eyes, green eyes, brown eyes, different hair textures, etc. and they are all from the same family.

what part of this is not exclusive to latinos do you not understand??

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

if latinos admit to being three races and know they are mixed why are they so racist against blacks.Thats really stupid to me hell why are racist against yourselves.
Thanks for generalizing an entire ethnicity, bro.  You are a winner.

You are a fool if you don't think the problem between these two ethnicities (black vs. brown) isn't a deep issue.  It isn't due to skin tone or genetic make up, it's two cultures clashing.

The way you worded your statement basically says that Latinos are racist to blacks for no apparent reason, as if the Latino community hasn't faced decades of backlash from the black community.  I've said it many times, some black folks truly fell they can wash their hands of racist beliefs based on their oppression at the hands of the "white man".  There's truly an aura of: "I'm black, I can't possibly be a racist", with some folks. 
30t6p3b.gif

if latinos admit to being three races and know they are mixed why are they so racist against blacks.Thats really stupid to me hell why are racist against yourselves.

You are a fool if you don't think the problem between these two ethnicities (black vs. brown) isn't a deep issue.  It isn't due to skin tone or genetic make up, it's two cultures clashing.

The way you worded your statement basically says that Latinos are racist to blacks for no apparent reason, as if the Latino community hasn't faced decades of backlash from the black community.  I've said it many times, some black folks truly fell they can wash their hands of racist beliefs based on their oppression at the hands of the "white man".  There's truly an aura of: "I'm black, I can't possibly be a racist", with some folks. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

No they don't.  You don't know what Hispanic means...
so find a hispanic that doesn't doesnt have those 3 mixes....
laugh.gif
good luck with that.

Dictionary definition:

[h2]His·pan·ic[/h2][hi-span-ik] Show IPA

–adjective
Spanish.

Latin American: the United States and its Hispanic neighbors.

–noun
Also, Hispano. Also called Hispanic American , Hispano-American. an American citizen or resident of Spanish  or Latin-American descent.

Wikipedia:

The term has also been used to denote the culture and people of countries formerly ruled by the Spanish Empire, usually with a majority Hispanophone population. Collectively known as Hispanic America, this region includes Mexico, Cuba and the majority of the Central and South American countries, and most of the Greater Antilles. "Hispanic" is also used by people in the United States who are of Hispanic American origin (Hispanic and Latino Americans).

Not all Hispanic people are of mixed blood ninja...
oh yeah? keep clickin them links b...find out how mexico, cuba, and all of central america had colonies, african slaves, and indians... 
laugh.gif
@ not all hispanics are mixed

No they don't.  You don't know what Hispanic means...
laugh.gif
good luck with that.

Dictionary definition:

[h2]His·pan·ic[/h2][hi-span-ik] Show IPA

–adjective
Spanish.

Latin American: the United States and its Hispanic neighbors.

–noun
Also, Hispano. Also called Hispanic American , Hispano-American. an American citizen or resident of Spanish  or Latin-American descent.

Wikipedia:

The term has also been used to denote the culture and people of countries formerly ruled by the Spanish Empire, usually with a majority Hispanophone population. Collectively known as Hispanic America, this region includes Mexico, Cuba and the majority of the Central and South American countries, and most of the Greater Antilles. "Hispanic" is also used by people in the United States who are of Hispanic American origin (Hispanic and Latino Americans).

oh yeah? keep clickin them links b...find out how mexico, cuba, and all of central america had colonies, african slaves, and indians... 
laugh.gif

it is not.

its actually typical.

a couple statistics to add to what you were saying
  • 58 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5 percent European ancestry (equivalent of one great-grandparent);
  • 19.6 percent of African Americans have at least 25 percent European ancestry (equivalent of one grandparent);
  • 1 percent of African Americans have at least 50 percent European ancestry (equivalent of one parent); and
  • 5 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5 percent Native American ancestry (equivalent to one great-grandparent)

it is not.

its actually typical.

a couple statistics to add to what you were saying
  • 58 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5 percent European ancestry (equivalent of one great-grandparent);
  • 19.6 percent of African Americans have at least 25 percent European ancestry (equivalent of one grandparent);
  • 1 percent of African Americans have at least 50 percent European ancestry (equivalent of one parent); and
  • 5 percent of African Americans have at least 12.5 percent Native American ancestry (equivalent to one great-grandparent)

Sidenote though, not until i came here did i hear the phrase "you're not black, you're jamaican" from black/white/latino folks. Even though there's a ton of races mixed in, probably moreso than dr (there's a big asian influence), everybody would just say they were black.
debs 168 wrote:
ooIRON MANoo wrote:
ThorrocksJs wrote:

30t6p3b.gif

racism was designed to keep minorities against each other so that those on top would remain on top.
this is what i was saying earlier. we need to better understand each other, know who we are, etc. etc. so that we can unite rather than continue with the ignorance and the division and all that.

da system was setup so that da minorities would always fail. at some point we need to get over ourselves.

this.

30t6p3b.gif
racism was designed to keep minorities against each other so that those on top would remain on top.
this is what i was saying earlier. we need to better understand each other, know who we are, etc. etc. so that we can unite rather than continue with the ignorance and the division and all that.

da system was setup so that da minorities would always fail. at some point we need to get over ourselves.

Sidenote though, not until i came here did i hear the phrase "you're not black, you're jamaican" from black/white/latino folks. Even though there's a ton of races mixed in, probably moreso than dr (there's a big asian influence), everybody would just say they were black.
debs 168 wrote:
ooIRON MANoo wrote:
ThorrocksJs wrote:

30t6p3b.gif

this.

30t6p3b.gif

i want you to tell me with a straight face that this is da case thats happening
laugh.gif
grin.gif

i want you to tell me with a straight face that this is da case thats happening
laugh.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif
good luck with that.

laugh.gif

Man_Exasperated.jpg

ninja... not every indigenous person or slave got raped.  not every single person in latin america is interbred with other races.  just cuz conquistadors were there doesn't mean every single person got knocked up by them.  not all slaves brought over mixed.  there are still 100% indigenous people in those countries.  Hispanic countries.

The irony behind this thread is, ninjahood claims to dismiss race.....but he really doesn't. To him the races are Black, white, Asian and South American.
roll.gif
Like a "black" person from this country can't be mixed with a lotta #$#@4

Back
Top Bottom