2z57laq.jpg

23jr1q8.jpg

dmbn7d.jpg

2lnbnzd.jpg

343roux.jpg

11ah62q.jpg

2lxf67q.jpg

2r5viq1.jpg

Naw n_ we aint finished yet...you probably haven't heard these, you need to.

imtc9i.jpg

54evzs.jpg

nmx7v4.jpg

Hard to name another record label that has single handedly done as much for the underground HIP-HOP in thelast decade

Appreciated
pimp.gif

i found my copy of soundboming vol3 when i went home for xmas, styles p and pharoahe on the life =
pimp.gif

my life by CNN and Cool G Rap =
pimp.gif

yeah they put these guys out but in the end the rawkus *#%$$! them over big time. thats why rawkus sucks now and will never sign anyone of any importance.anybody in the rap/music biz know to go rawkus is to end your career

Originally Posted by dirtydigsmusic

yeah they put these guys out but in the end the rawkus *#%$$! them over big time. thats why rawkus sucks now and will never sign anyone of any importance.
anybody in the rap/music biz know to go rawkus is to end your career

yea I've heard others say similar things...what exactly did they do? Did they just get greedy like all record labels and start rippin their artist off? Iwas looking at their current roster and it's nothing like it was in the late 90's.

Man, scrolling down those album covers bought back memories. Some of my favorite albums ever are up there
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Rawkus is definitely appreciated. They had an amazing roster a few years back. Some of the most talented cats ever, a lot of intricate rhymes and deepmessages.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Label kept HIP HOP alive for me . . . Shame they fell apart
smh.gif
I haven't checked for a Rawkus artist since high school . . .

Soundbombing series was serious. One and two, by far. One question for y'all who know anything about hip hop and DJing. Evil Dee (Black Moon) hosted thefirst SB, dope. Babu and J-Rocc (World Famous Beat Junkies) killed it on the 2nd one. On the last installment, Mr. Choc and Cipha Soundz. I know Choc isserious when it comes to the music and mixing; but Cipha? Did Rawkus get salty that two WEST COAST DJ's came and kilt (yes kilt, not the skirt-like articleof clothing worn by the Scottish warriors) the compilation w/ sick mixing and tableism? Or was it that they wanted to have one DJ from ea. coast work it out. Inever bought SB III because I am aware of Cipha's 'mixing' or lack thereof.

Anyway, the early years of Rawkus for me, hands down.

Rawkus records cds played OVER & OVER & OVER again from 98-05 at my crib.... this is gonna sound really cheesy but that company motivated me and mademe who I am. I wish they'd make hits like they use to.

i used to have doubles of every rawkus single on wax. can someone breakdown what led to them falling off?

Rawkus is definitely appreciated for putting out the gems that they did back then.
I had majority of those albums and ended up giving them away because i felt like i needed more space in my room SMH!
Now i feel stupid, i have to get all of those albums that i had back into my music collection.

Rawkus is definately appreciated for thier output during their heyday, but apparently as kidz in the hall mentioned on Squeeze Radio they decided not to be inthe business of making music and they are "just a website now". The Rawkus 50 venture was probably thier last foray into releasing music but I thinkit failed miserably since you have no idea who most of the people released under this project are to this day. I JUST heard of this cat Willie Evans Jr. whowas released on Rawkus 50 real dope stuff but he never got the exposure he needed. I think the labels that fill the realm in which Rawkus left a void are; TresRecords, High Water Music, and Stones Throw all three seem to release some real quality acts.

The funny thing is the guys who ran the label were not Hip Hop heads , it basically just fell into their lap and they ran with it .

They messed up by signing Kool G for a million dollars during the bidding war with Terror Squad and other labels .

Definitley put out good music back then , I ran with alot of Rawkus cats back then , non-stop rhymes and cyphers , killin shows ... The last leg of real dopeunderground ,

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

That one High and Mighty album had some dope @$# beats and nice guest appearances.

Too bad they were trash themselves.
b-boy document
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TennesseeSlim

Appreciated
pimp.gif

i found my copy of soundboming vol3 when i went home for xmas, styles p and pharoahe on the life =
pimp.gif

my life by CNN and Cool G Rap =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I scratched the hell out this CD

Back
Top Bottom