Rappers' old tweets getting exposed . . . a lot of dissing . . .

Same with J Cole. Like I feel like those cats would probably still be into music even if they were just regular nobodies.
You mean like every rapper that had to work hard to make it in the music industry? Wait you think "Bad" is soulful?
roll.gif

Yeah, I'm young but even if I was 50 songs like Lotus Flower Bomb and Bad are gonna put me to sleep. How you gon say these dudes living fake lives and you dont know them or be around them but say rappers diss Wale cuz he has no street credibility or portray a thug image. How am I going by these new generations if I feel like Ace Hood, French, Yo Gotti is realer than him.  They get millions on tour, groupies at shows and got shooters, so whats wrong with rapping about it. At the end of the day opinions is opinions and the music he puttin out on MMG is boring so theres basically no way you can convince me he one of the realest.

You mean like every rapper that had to work hard to make it in the music industry? Wait you think "Bad" is soulful? :rofl:

Yeah, I'm young but even if I was 50 songs like Lotus Flower Bomb and Bad are gonna put me to sleep. How you gon say these dudes living fake lives and you dont know them or be around them but say rappers diss Wale cuz he has no street credibility or portray a thug image. How am I going by these new generations if I feel like Ace Hood, French, Yo Gotti is realer than him.  They get millions on tour, groupies at shows and got shooters, so whats wrong with rapping about it. At the end of the day opinions is opinions and the music he puttin out on MMG is boring so theres basically no way you can convince me he one of the realest.

It shows. Hopefully you'll get it in a few years. Until then, enjoy your trap songs.

Nobody is hating on wale that's jus the first thing people are accustomed to saying when people disagree with their opinions. And to answer ur question the reason y I said false is becuz it's a music business. Wale has always Been thirsty for attention the only reason y he is releasing the songs listed above are becuz of the MAINSTREAM success of lotus flower n that way. If u really want to go with ur theory he would never taken the deal with Ross took the Mac miller n currensy independent route n jus Ben an unsung hero of esoteric sports references, sneaker culture, and everything else the nothing series of mixtapes had to offer. Don't feel bad Kendrick is definitely in it for the money 2
Obviously he's trying to have mainstream success, I agree with you there. But at the same time, I think he actually does have a relatable message that he tries to get across in his music, and it's one that he seems to take seriously. It could be just an act and he's pretending to be "deep" to gain fans (which certainly wouldn't be unheard of). But from what I've seen of him it is convincing.. for example this interview starting at 2:40

Or in his Breakfast Club interviews. I feel like he says a lot of real **** that I can relate to or agrees with my points of view. But that's just for me, no artist is gonna relate to everybody.

Same with J Cole. Like I feel like those cats would probably still be into music even if they were just regular nobodies.
You mean like every rapper that had to work hard to make it in the music industry? Wait you think "Bad" is soulful? :rofl:

I don't care about street credibility bruh. I don't live that life so I don't give a ****.

I care about music quality. Wale, imo, puts out good hip hop music. Furthermore, unlike most rappers he puts the music first and the "flossing" etc second. Everything on the radio is just straight formulaic garbage and when somebody comes out with music that actually has some substance and thought behind it, he gets hated on for no reason. Go figure..

And apparently someone liked Lotus Flower Bomb, because the song received a Grammy nomination. Don't worry, I'm suuure Excuse My French will be nominated next year since that's more your taste :rolleyes

Last edited:
Asap >>> all those people u praise
Dom >>> over them too

Wale been weak with his fake over thinking raps

It could be just an act and he's pretending to be "deep" to gain fans (which certainly wouldn't be unheard of).

LIke i said he found his lane and he's playing his "role" dont read to much into it bruh. He's no langston hughes or nikki giovanni 

Quote:
I care about music quality. Wale, imo, puts out good hip hop music.
As an avid wale fan you can admit his best "hip hop" music is found in his earlier projects dont lie. But honestly i feel like his music doesnt make people think he's wack more so because sumtimes he comes off as a cornball admit it.
 Furthermore, unlike most rappers he puts the music first and the "flossing" etc second
eyes.gif
 in the interview you yourself posted he's wearing a balenciaga button up cazal 616's and moderately sized im assuming at least decent quality custom ******** pendant. Flossing is high on ur buddy folarin's list. he's a rapper stop making him out to be so righteous like u need sumthing to believe in

Asap >>> all those people u praise
Dom >>> over them too

Wale been weak with his fake over thinking raps

:lol: ASAP is weak though. Half of sons raps make NO sense. He just says some **** that rhymes but has no real structure.

How you from Harlem repping Houston? At least Wale keeps it real.

Their whole ASAP Mob ain't nothing but a fraud Wu Tang wanna be variant.

Last edited:
Why does there have to be so much hatred in the world?
If you don't like an artist please give musical reasons.
With that said, I feel Wale isn't as consistent as he should be, he's never been trash IMO,
but it's almost like he chooses to turn his skill on or off.
Like off Ambition, the only songs of value IMO are "Legendary" and "DC or Nothing",
the rest isn't trash, they're just easily forgettable. The only Wale album I've heard that IMO has cohesion and
full replay is More About Nothing.

Last edited:
just cuz u can rap dont mean ur music gone resonate with everyone the same way

and dont take word "wack" at face value... it really means the indiividual doesnt like something, not that its actually wack.

Take all this bickering to another thread and try to stay on topic. We're talking about tweets exposing rappers. This thread should be lulz and yall are acting like birds.

wiz :lol: :lol:

i remember reading tyler's posts on the hypebeast forums awhile back & i knew someone was gonna dig those up eventually :lol:

It shows. Hopefully you'll get it in a few years. Until then, enjoy your trap songs.
My youth is showing but yet you threw me in the box with trap music becuz I said those artists are REALER than Wale.  I dont even listen to Ace Hood or Yo Gotti.
And apparently someone liked Lotus Flower Bomb, because the song received a Grammy nomination. Don't worry, I'm suuure Excuse My French will be nominated next year since that's more your taste
eyes.gif
Take Care won rap album of the year, and Based on A True Story was nominated, you'd be surprised
laugh.gif

Meh....people hate Wale because they don't like the fact that they themselves are just regular dudes.

Wale to me comes off the same as J Cole. Just a super regular guy that really wanted to and felt they had the skill to become a first-team relevant rapper. He literally presents himself as HIMSELF. There's no made up backstory or mystery around him and Cole. There's no convincing you that they're real because they automatically are real simply by making music from the perspective of who they really are and not who rap fans like their rappers to be.

Meh....people hate Wale because they don't like the fact that they themselves are just regular dudes.

Wale to me comes off the same as J Cole. Just a super regular guy that really wanted to and felt they had the skill to become a first-team relevant rapper. He literally presents himself as HIMSELF. There's no made up backstory or mystery around him and Cole. There's no convincing you that they're real because they automatically are real simply by making music from the perspective of who they really are and not who rap fans like their rappers to be.

Exactly, people don't even know what the term real means anymore.

This digging up old tweets thing is lame.....in 2009 I thought kendrick lamar was super wack, today he's my favorite artist. Peoples opinions change for various reasons how does that make them wack?

i like actions stuff the more and more i hear from him.  wale definitely doesn't seem fake, he just isn't that good 
eyes.gif
.  i guess u can say hes like the conscious rap version of gucci

Back
Top Bottom