RAPPER BIG POOH - Purple Tape

extremely hot... produced entirely by Detroit's own Black Milk.... don't Sleep....

Nah not really. Love both of their music but I didn't care for the Prince samples or how they were flipped overall.

Decent tape, good lyrically, couple hot beats. The concepts for the songs were really good tho.

I havent checked for anyone that was in LB (besides 9th) for a couple of years...

shorty was listening to "the get back" in the whip this wknd so it was random to hear some new dope pooh the following week...

I agree about the concepts zik...it was well put together...

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Nah not really. Love both of their music but I didn't care for the Prince samples or how they were flipped overall.

Decent tape, good lyrically, couple hot beats. The concepts for the songs were really good tho.
Yeah me too, i have listened but for some reason i doubted their collab would that impressive from the beginning
. Prince samples' sounds like it might be interesting so I'll def give it a listen.

Originally Posted by TheTim11

It's not Phonte tho lol
laugh.gif
qtf though

i just found out about black milk this summer smh at myself....i started w/ "Tronic"
pimp.gif
i swear detroit's got talent...

that was a good pick for a first listen

I'm really feeling this
pimp.gif

But no Phonte guest appearance at least??? I mean come on you got Joe Scudda on there.

Originally Posted by Shaze804

I havent checked for anyone that was in LB (besides 9th) for a couple of years....

you missed out on a lot of great music by phonte then... as for the tape i was dissapointed. and for those who doubt Pooh byhimself check out"Sleepers" if you haven't already...

^ sleepers was why i even checked this out...i havent heard any of the foreign exchange stuff smh...

First Big Pooh solo outing that I enjoyed
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Blueprint, When I'm gone, Say Something, Bounce, and Put it in the air were all good money
pimp.gif
. He put this ill B.M. beats to good use.

big pooh is not good to me ..maybe its cuz phonte absolutely takes dumps on his verses..but the production is solid

^ sleepers was why i even checked this out...i havent heard any of the foreign exchange stuff smh...

Foreign Exchange + his random songs/features... dude is one of the most talented MC's in the game and by far my favorite rapper... I suggest going to theiTunes store and search Phonte and check out all the songs that involve him...

Originally Posted by GeorgeCantstandya

Foreign Exchange + his random songs/features... dude is one of the most talented MC's in the game and by far my favorite rapper... I suggest going to the iTunes store and search Phonte and check out all the songs that involve him...
Their second album was my favourite album of 08 (tied with 2 or 3 others
laugh.gif
). I don't skip anything on that album

Back
Top Bottom