Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't think I can get through an entire Eminem album nowadays, both old or new. Some classic songs of course but I think overall his discography aged horribly.
All due respect for his insane level of technical skill but I'm not trying to hear a grown man rapping about stuffing gerbils in his ***.
If I had to pick something from his discography I'd probably go with Relapse tbh.
I can feel the side eye coming, but this is how I feel about listening to GFK rapping about his hard **** and busting nuts. I'm good.

Never understood the idea of paying someone and signing a contract for someone to let me come in and lift ****. I worked at a YMCA for 6 years out of highschool I hated every personality that came in there y'all ain't **** just go lift and get out my face, I couldn't imagine the dickheads walking around a "real gym"

As someone who has gone to a “real gym” for many years, they are awful 🤣

The novelty of Cam and Mase reuniting has worn off for me. I caught IIWII when they first started, it was dope to see friends making money and just BSn. Then it got corny real quick.
Yeah I used to laugh at their earliest clips.. but now I can't remember the last time I laughed..

Unc and Ocho took their spot (IMO)

I never got into even trying to watch IIWII cuz every clip i saw was these dudes laughing non-stop. It's cool to see them together again, and I'm sure the show has it moments. But I didn't see the value for me to invest time in it.

giphy.gif

The novelty of Cam and Mase reuniting has worn off for me. I caught IIWII when they first started, it was dope to see friends making money and just BSn. Then it got corny real quick.
I thought it was just me. I wish they'd take it a little more seriously tbh. Same thing happened to Drink Champs for me. Don't know the last time I watched an episode.

The only Eminem albums I can listen to all the way is the ones with D12
The Marshall Mathers LP is close but dude has a song where he takes his wife in the woods to kill
And scream “bleed ***** bleed “ at the end which gets a automatic skip
Because whatever mood I’m in to be listening to that in the first place is a mood I don’t need anymore of
Unless it’s just curiosity

I understand what you're getting @, but ain't Bizzare on one of them albums talking about getting top from his grandmother? :lol:

The only Eminem albums I can listen to all the way is the ones with D12
The Marshall Mathers LP is close but dude has a song where he takes his wife in the woods to kill
And scream “bleed ***** bleed “ at the end which gets a automatic skip
Because whatever mood I’m in to be listening to that in the first place is a mood I don’t need anymore of
Unless it’s just curiosity

“Kim” is a classic. That beat is haunting and he’s so ****in detailed in the story.

I know people on here act like we didn’t listen to Em but we did. I still do. His new **** ain’t for me. Flow is wack and I don’t want to hear it.

This is a perfect example of him being criticized for being too nice and skilled at beating or killing his baby mom but mad rappers have talked about this same topic.

You listen to Em and it’s 90% pain and 10% humor to try to deflect from the pain. Tie all that skill and dope flows to it. First 3.5 albums is unreal.

Guilty Conscience
Forgot about Dre
Superman
Crack a bottle

Those are Eminem joints (off the top of my head), I actually really **** with then, and now.

I got a vivid memory. Remember being like 8, and getting ready to go to basketball practice, and then I saw this white boy premiering a video with Dr. Dre rapping on MTV….before being whisked away to practice by Mom dukes. Looking back, that **** was def for Kids (my name is). That stuck with me for some reason. Then my older cousin had the tape/album, and we def bumped it for a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom