Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah. If he didn’t know who quest love is, he wouldn’t have made a deal out of it.

And obviously, you just don’t roll out with a live band without rehearsal or meeting the damn band :lol:.

A 30 year old man who’s been trying to rap for the last 12 years is certainly familiar with Questlove or the roots :lol:. Dude is just trippling down like crazy into idiocy.

:lol:

Cmon dawg :lol:. I’m not saying he familiar with the roots catalog or even knows much about questlove. But it’s flat out lying to say he don’t who the ***** is :lol:.

You don’t just do live performances without meeting the damn band and main drummer. The ***** searched Questlove’s Instagram. Screenshoted a post. Then posted it to his story to say he don’t know him :rofl:

That’s a lot for somebody you claim you’re not familiar with, who you’ve actually been on stage performing with and have obviously met.

*****s just be lying and trollin :lol:. You see it all the time. This is common “rap cap” as y’all call it.

:lol: if we do the math dude was like 18-19 when they started doing Fallon (slowing down from rap) and they wouldn’t have randomly had songs on the radio for dude to hear in passing

no one knows for sure but it’s a lot of people I didn’t know being from the South and younger until I went back and did my Googles

the funnier **** is dude getting booked for Roots fest and he basically saying he thought it was a random show/promoter :lol:

no one knows for sure but it’s a lot of people I didn’t know being from the South and younger until I went back and did my Googles

the funnier **** is dude getting booked for Roots fest and he basically saying he thought it was a random show/promoter :lol:

smh. Don’t do this bruh.... this is EXACTLY what people mean when they say stay out of certain arguments, when you ain’t credible.
This is EXACTLY what I mean about the general public when it comes to Verzuz and hip hop history

and my famous “ya’ll OGs failed y’all/who raised y’all phrases” :lol: :lol:

I guess this is where this should go..

Da baby is just responding to questlove "canceling" him..I'm not of da baby but y'all are having fake outrage for no reason...he apologized to those that have HIV..the real group of people that were disrespected by his comments..what else is he supposed to do..y'all are acting like he physically hurt someone

Last edited:
Da baby is just responding to questlove "canceling" him..I'm not a fan of da baby but I think y'all are taking this too far lol..he apologized to those that HIV..what else is he supposed to do..y'all are acting like he physically hurt someone

Doesn’t make what he said sound less stupid

wouldn’t be the first time a diss backfired

:lol: if we do the math dude was like 18-19 when they started doing Fallon (slowing down from rap) and they wouldn’t have randomly had songs on the radio for dude to hear in passing

Bro…if I meet a *****. Perform with him. And look on IG, and see he has 3 mil followers and Me saying “I don’t know who that ***** is”, is just 🧢 lol.

Stop acting like rap dudes don’t do this all the time to try and lil boy/downplay somebody they felt disrespected them by saying they don’t know of them.

Classic, “never heard of him”…. “Idek who that is” line as a “diss” lol

smh. Don’t do this bruh.... this is EXACTLY what people mean when they say stay out of certain arguments, when you ain’t credible.
This is EXACTLY what I mean about the general public when it comes to Verzuz and hip hop history

Nah there's something to that b/c in the south Boosie, Webbie, and that whole Trill Ent was like the South's Wu Tang, & NY had no clue who they were really, & it was surprising to me. Regional styles & interest were still very much a thing up until recently. It still is too though not as strict b/c of social media.

:lol:

by the time I was in middle school any “og’s” around where I’m at woulda been bumping Wop, OJ, Boosie, Webbie, Plies etc. not the ****in Roots :lol: and then my generation was on Wayne, Ye, Travis Porter, Drake, Gucci, etc.

it’s no shame in having to go back and learn about older hip hop acts who aren’t all over the media in your childhood. it’s like saying a kid born in 07 should know about Pac Div or some **** :lol:

Nah there's something to that b/c in the south Boosie, Webbie, and that whole Trill Ent was like the South's Wu Tang, & NY had no clue who they were really, & it was surprising to me. Regional styles & interest were still very much a thing up until recently. It still is too though not as strict b/c of social media.

this ain’t that simple

you could apply this type of thought process to blackthought, who is extremely underrated for those who know

but questlove as a figure is bigger than that, this man is the face of the damn band on the tonight show.. on top of being huge he got the fro and glasses going

I get not knowing how good of a DJ he is or how much he’s in touch in other things.. but dude kinda sticks out and is known

Dude, people in New York knew who they were even if they didn't know of them or how big they were

Wipe Me Down and Give Me That were big all over.

All he said is he doesn't know who he is..so what

him saying that makes him look stupid instead of having the intended result of belittling questlove

1627661901879.gif

Dude shouldn’t be this big of an artist anyway. That’s how wack of a musician he is. Grown man wore a pamper and becomes a thing. Dudes like Him and 69 is why I laugh at rap fans. S**** really entertainment
George Clinton wore a diaper as well why does he get a pass? George Clinton was wearing them before diaper man passed

Dude, people in New York knew who they were even if they didn't know of them or how big they were

Wipe Me Down and Give Me That were big all over.
And after that nothing, same w/ Plies & Bust it Baby Pt. 2. That's why the got Neyo. Girls in NY loved Neyo. That record wouldn't have rang off in NY otherwise. There was definite regional sound & appeal. A$AP Rocky was the one, but "New York" wouldn't embrace him b/c he openingly presented his southern influences on wax.

Nicki Minaj needed to go down South & **** with Gucci & Gotti b/c they were the faces of the culture. Nicki would've did something w/ Boosie a well had he not been locked up. Boosie, Gucci, & Gotti were the South's 3 kings & that's why they're treated as such & respected as much as they are today by up incomers. NY dubbed Saigon, adamantly tried to push RED CAFE, told Nicki Minaj to go away, said "nah" to A$AP Mob, then didn't offer KD a max deal. They gutting us from the inside & I would cry if I could.
9E7Wh5U.png

Last edited:
People from Florida know Plies is dope, but ppl from Manhattan can't name anything than Bust It Baby pt. 2.

And after that nothing, same w/ Plies & Bust it Baby Pt. 2. That's why the got Neyo. Girls in NY loved Neyo. That record wouldn't have rang off in NY otherwise. There was definite regional sound & appeal. A$AP Rocky was the one, but "New York" wouldn't embrace him b/c he openingly presented his southern influences on wax.

Nicki Minaj needed to go down South & **** with Gucci & Gotti b/c they were the faces of the culture. Nicki would've did something w/ Boosie a well had he not been locked up. Boosie, Gucci, & Gotti were the South's 3 kings & that's why they're treated as such & respected as much as they are today by up incomers. NY dubbed Saigon, adamantly tried to push RED CAFE, told Nicki Minaj to go away, said "nah" to A$AP Mob, then didn't offer KD a max deal. They gutting us from the inside & I would cry if I could.
9E7Wh5U.png

What are you typing about?

Bro…if I meet a *****. Perform with him. And look on IG, and see he has 3 mil followers and Me saying “I don’t know who that ***** is”, is just 🧢 lol.

Stop acting like rap dudes don’t do this all the time to try and lil boy/downplay somebody they felt disrespected them by saying they don’t know of them.

Classic, “never heard of him”…. “Idek who that is” line as a “diss” lol
I think he lying too but I can’t give u tht. Cuz y’all give Wayne this oblivious, in a bubble pass when I say it all the time that ***** lying. All these ****** love playing that idk who xyz is and I only listen to my ******…. They lying.

I think he lying too but I can’t give u tht. Cuz y’all give Wayne this oblivious, in a bubble pass when I say it all the time that ***** lying. All these ****** love playing that idk who xyz is and I only listen to my ******…. They lying.

Who me? Shieeet……I think Wayne be lying and fronting too :lol:. That **** about him not knowing who 21 savage or something was, was a lie.

He be in his own bubble, but he not completely unaware like he likes to make it seem.

Same dudes keep giving Da Dumbass Baby a wholeeeee lot of benefit of the doubt lol

mans been caught on camera , video and audio 😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom