Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I mean we've seen multiple instances of younger artist claiming to not be familiar with older artist music or even careers. Is that really a shocking statement?

Being called old is used as an insult in this genere

Him performing on Fallon means he's familiar with Questlove and the Roots?

Yeah. If he didn’t know who quest love is, he wouldn’t have made a deal out of it.

And obviously, you just don’t roll out with a live band without rehearsal or meeting the damn band :lol:.

A 30 year old man who’s been trying to rap for the last 12 years is certainly familiar with Questlove or the roots :lol:. Dude is just trippling down like crazy into idiocy.

Guess most of these performers are lying when they claim that.

FCF03B11-2089-46BE-B1E8-F902566E3430.gif

I mean we've seen multiple instances of younger artist claiming to not be familiar with older artist music or even careers. Is that really a shocking statement?

Being called old is used as an insult in this genere

Dude is 29 years old, not 19

May not be familar but a QUICK google search would familiarize these idiots. But the same way they dismiss older musicians, 10-20 years from now, a lot of these cats will be forgotten too. Ironically:lol: :lol:

Honestly, Dababy not knowing who Quest is makes complete sense. He's a good rapper, but he has absolutely no range. Megan thee Stallion as well. She doesn't know Questlove either. You can't be familiar w/ The Roots & have absolutely no range in your flow, beats, or subject matter. There's no way. Hell, I think it would be worst if he did mess w/ The Roots.

This don’t really mean nothing if this is Fallon lol

Cmon dawg :lol:. I’m not saying he familiar with the roots catalog or even knows much about questlove. But it’s flat out lying to say he don’t who the ***** is :lol:.

You don’t just do live performances without meeting the damn band and main drummer. The ***** searched Questlove’s Instagram. Screenshoted a post. Then posted it to his story to say he don’t know him :rofl:

That’s a lot for somebody you claim you’re not familiar with, who you’ve actually been on stage performing with and have obviously met.

*****s just be lying and trollin :lol:. You see it all the time. This is common “rap cap” as y’all call it.

i could see some1 that age not being familiar w/ quest or the roots outside of that performance he did.

Dudes on damn near every doc and show to talk about music and just put a doc

and it's hard to forget him with his signature look

I think he's trying to say he's irrelevant as some sort of diss, but Questlove is like the public spokesman for rap and this generation of music

Back
Top Bottom