Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The internet has made everything one place. Regional sound and slang is super rare. Majority of these dudes now that decide to rap are gonna do what's easy and what's poppin. That rappy/singy/trap beats style is the go to. I've given up expecting _'s to be original. :lol:

With that said Roddy is talented though.

I'm completely over this style in rap and it's an instant skip for me as far as new guys coming up. Gunna and Baby are the last ones I'll entertain with that style.

Why are all these rappers running to defend and respond for Eminem, as if he isn't a rapper? And against Nick Cannon of all people.

Anything for a look.

**** is weird.

Any Joyner Lucas fans in here?
I messed with him heavy when he was Future Joyner and the whole Film Skool Rejekts.

But being dope in the underground is clearly not what he wanted. He wanted to blow and get that fame and acclaim. You can tell with his balancing act. Spits dope **** but leans more and more in to lame commentary, issues, topics. Songs that are mad buzzworthy and socially aware (suicide song, gang initiation murder song, etc.) but is quick to distance himself from comparisons to Logic and Macklemore.

Can't completely blame him cuz he and the rest of us have seen dope *** rappers better than a grip of dudes in the mainstream grind for years to a decade and are still in the same place status wise. Never had no movement or wave.

6E1D3F47-125F-4201-A546-2228A2AAEFA9.jpeg

U know what’s wild though
She wouldn’t go to Dubai and act like that
If she know it’s disrespectful out there
Why does she feels it’s ok to do that here
Cuz in Dubai she'd get arrested for it. It's against their anti-woman and anti-foreigner laws.

It is okay here and more importantly it isn't against the law.

The whole being edgy and too sexy in shock culture has long reached it limit. So now this generation is going above and beyond. Lines are beyond blurred. Washed and can barely make out the outlines for whats appropriate, acceptable or disrespectful.

More importantly, there are no moral consequences or moral backlash.

So it don't really matter. Some of yall fighting a battle when ya been lost the war.

Last edited:
Nick been making real moves lately. How he handled that NBC situation was some G ****. Sometime he sounds like one of them fake deep _'s but I respect his business mind and standing on his own 2. Don't know why Em felt the need to re-spark this. The game was not asking for a Nick Cannon/Em battle. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom