Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I never knew that was a 9th Beat!!!!!!!

I think Meet the Grahams is disrespectful but love that Alchemist beat (my favorite producer).

Has K Dot ever rapped over a Premo beat?
They worked together when he was making Damn but none of the songs made the cut for the album.

He also said when Mr Morale came out that Kendrick had 10 beats that he made just for him tucked away that haven't featured on either his or Kendricks recent albums.

Maybe we'll get an Untitled Unmastered pt.2 sometime?

Hov an ******* lol. Calvin was doing him a favor/respecting his money lol

I don’t think so at all. Hov was trying to put his man’s on and gave the man a $10 mil budget. He absolutely was trying to help his friend, but he was 100% looking at a business deal. Whatever kind of property it was, I’m certain that $13 mil price tag would’ve appreciated a few times over by now.

Even if Klein wasn’t trying to be in his man’s pocket, if someone tells you they have a budget just for you to get on, you gotta make some concessions, hopefully none of the moral kind.

how a grown *** man 'get in trouble'

1715467205037.png

I don’t think so at all. Hov was trying to put his man’s on and gave the man a $10 mil budget. He absolutely was trying to help his friend, but he was 100% looking at a business deal. Whatever kind of property it was, I’m certain that $13 mil price tag would’ve appreciated a few times over by now.

Even if Klein wasn’t trying to be in his man’s pocket, if someone tells you they have a budget just for you to get on, you gotta make some concessions, hopefully none of the moral kind.

What was he supposed to do if they raised the price because Hov was involved? If Calvin tries to push the deal through assuming Hov would just cover the extra $3 Million Hov woulda had some wacky **** to say to that too…

But it also depends on how Calvin explained it. Lol if he didn’t specifically mention why the deal fell thru (they only raised the price now that Hov involved) thats kind of Calvin fault too

What was he supposed to do if they raised the price because Hov was involved? If Calvin tries to push the deal through assuming Hov would just cover the extra $3 Million Hov woulda had some wacky **** to say to that too…

But it also depends on how Calvin explained it. Lol if he didn’t specifically mention why the deal fell thru (they only raised the price now that Hov involved) thats kind of Calvin fault too
Let his business partner know about the changes in terms and if they should proceed. I get not wanting to step to someone for every single decision, but part of being in business is knowing when you’re out of your depths and need help from someone more experienced.

The way dude explained it, sounded like Hov was actively trying to make things right. Don’t know their history but I know I’ve heard Klein referenced in his music. A little communication would have gone a long way and dude wouldn’t be sitting with whoever to talk about what he should’ve done.

Homie said Hov gave him a $10M budget, and the sellers raised the cost to $13M once they found out Hov was involved.

I see his point. It would be wild presumptuous to believe Hov would just throw another $3M off rip. Seems like Calvin was looking out for his guy imo.

I understand both sides but imo it sounds like Calvin didn't have a plan or he wasn't ready to deal with that type of which is understandable. If jay was willing to give him 10 mil. I'm sure he could have asked for another 3-5 mil to close the deal

Last edited:
Hov doesn’t strike me as the kind of person who’d just give his mans 10M’s if his mans didn’t have a plan.

Back
Top Bottom