Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Talking about stunting in the hood (that you aren’t from) with millions of dollars in cars & jewelry, and you’re just eating chicken. That’s Irvs fantasy of beating “real” and “giving inspiration”
And you're trying to convince NaS this..
JDJ4.gif

What a stupid idea. This is some movie foolishness. All it takes is for one badmind, jealous cat to go out of their way. Cats made it out of that and Irv want to put them back in it to fulfill some silly moment in his head.
Wasn't the Nas Murder Inc rumors around the same time as the beef with 50? I remember the strangle 50 had on just the kids. Irv was bugging.

Wasn't the Nas Murder Inc rumors around the same time as the beef with 50? I remember the strangle 50 had on just the kids. Irv was bugging.

It was around summer/fall of 02. So 50 didn't REALLY start killing them yet. I remember cuz Ja, Nas, Ashanti performed at the MTV awards together. They did a video for that record then by the time God Son dropped it had fade away.

Some of these beats are unlistenable today, at least five or six of them.

e1999 eternal, is a classic amongst classics

I personally prefer bone over wu tang

Not mad at this. RZA got a lot of trash beats. I wasn’t the biggest Bone Thugs fan back then but I’ve grown to appreciate more of their sound. Unique flows and melodies. Their music was so melodic.

Their music was so melodic.

This is actually why ive crowned them goat group in recent years.

They can rap with them best of them but what REALLY gives them an edge is the fact that sonically, the music is so much more enjoyable than their counterparts bc of the doo wop factor.

Also, i think they’re about to release an album soon.

This is actually why ive crowned them goat group in recent years.

They can rap with them best of them but what REALLY gives them an edge is the fact that sonically, the music is so much more enjoyable than their counterparts bc of the doo wop factor.

Also, i think they’re about to release an album soon.

So Nelly is the GOAT rapper :lol:

and they can rap with GZA and Ghost?

As individuals Wu Tang is better than Bone. Rae got one of the best albums and Ghost catalog is pretty flawless but as a group Bone is my 2nd best group after OutKast.

Irv a sucka fr

This a good interview. Whole thing dropped:

I see very clearly, IRV wanted badly to re-create Death Row East. It’s obvious. Rule & X were his idea of him being Suge (Mogul with the ties to the hood, but polished upbringing) and X & Ja being the streets. That was the model back then. From Irv, to Dame, JD, BABY (Father was a true businessman) to Diddy etc,

The “college boys” with street ties….who the execs would navigate. Russs & them laid the blueprint before. Hip Hop nepotism is another thing, for another day. But it just follows the music industry, America, and the streets. Which is what it has been since its inception.

Back
Top Bottom