Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

From 2013 to 2015 Migos had some hot and cold moments. Their first album flopped. Bad and Boujee took Migos to that superstar level.

This like when people give Drake credit for Future, ASAP and Kendrick's success. :lol:
I can understand the idea of Bad n Bogue taking them to that next level...it was the song that sustained them...the stay on without Drake single that these other artists don't drop.

But from my view, the Drake verse got them a TON of raido play. Without that verse, Bad n Bogue is apart of their climb to commercial success instead of it being the clincher.

Again, Drake not finna mess with a complete nobody.

Kinda crazy Drake only gets faulted for artist who he featured with , that didn’t drop 10 classic albums after.

Never credit when he features with artists that have successful careers… all these ****** he’s done songs with always give him props for helping and talk about how much his cosigned help . …. But NT knows better than they do .

Y’all wanted mans to do a full block boy jb and makonen album?

Just be comfortable in y’all hate for dude and leave it at that 😂😂😂

Speaking of arena tours, have any of y’all gone to a larger scale rap show and the artist actually put on a good show? Between the crappy sound quality and the stage presence, artists should be picking venues that work for the music they make.
Yeah a good amount . The like 5-6 Hov shows I been too
Watch the throne was amazing
Drake versus Wayne was good as hell
Travis Scott last joint
Yeezus in Chicago with Kendrick opening was the greatest entertainment I’ve seen with my eyes lol

But I’ve been to some pretty bad ones too
When future/.drake toured , future was quite terrible and Ye Pablo concert was awful

Never credit when he features with artists that have successful careers… all these ****** he’s done songs with always give him props for helping and talk about how much his cosigned help . …. But NT knows better than they do .

What credit is he supposed to get for dudes who are already taking off before jumps on their song and well after that they continue their success?

Ya'll say it's hate but these are real questions.

Not surprised this guy is coaching Ice Spice.
1689802835487.jpeg

Yea people didn't post the 2nd part of that Von tape where the officers knew he was trolling and said he didn't ask to go to PC, just another Deck lol

Yea people didn't post the 2nd part of that Von tape where the officers knew he was trolling and said he didn't ask to go to PC, just another Deck lol

They dropped that Von video when his album just came out

Damn this the first time I’m seeing it

So there’s a longer version?

Lil Jay tryna clean up from jail “wrong tattoos” “wrong skin tone” 😂

It’s def him lol

Folks gonna scoff at me, cuz they already had traction. But Drake took Migos to a national level. I don't think Migos hits these commercials they way they did, as soon as they did, without the Drake cosign.

That's why this convo is tricky. Drake is ****ing with artist, or at least songs, that already have traction. He ain't helping a complete nobody.
Versace made Migos national, no debate. He also didn’t need them to do one of the biggest rap tours ever, Migos aren't filling up arenas alone. These up and coming artists are thirsty for the sauce more than the other way around, they will tell you themselves. People beg artists like Drake for the verse/look, even established artists.

Back
Top Bottom