Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Jamie's daughter said that he's been at home for weeks, so all the ICU talk and preparing for the worst isn't true

Toure reminded me why I still think of him as White Toure, nasty times :smh:

That being said it's a lot of neurological and physical things that can happen with a stroke.

Calling someone outta Chicago the best and you’re not talking about Lonnie Lynn or Lupe is baffling to me. Disclaimer, I’ve never cared for the drill genre 🤷🏾‍♂️

Calling someone outta Chicago the best and you’re not talking about Lonnie Lynn or Lupe is baffling to me. Disclaimer, I’ve never cared for the drill genre 🤷🏾‍♂️
I think we're keeping it relatively focused on drill but to be fair Durk probably has a bigger public image than Lupe ever had. I get that this doesn't apply to his skill but I also believe Lupe to be retired at the moment (I haven't followed him much over the last couple years though).

I personally have never even heard of Lonnie Lynn, school me.

You can say what you want about drill but it's influence and relative dominance is undeniable at this point. Drill might be the most popular sub genre of rap globally today. It's still insane to me that this started in Chicago barely a decade ago.

Back
Top Bottom