Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I mean they are…

200k isn’t something we should be clamoring over. Tons of artists can do that.

Tons of new rappers not doing that. Stop it. Same way only certain rappers went platinum back on the days. It’s the same thing

I'll say this 200K IMO is great for future, about where he should be.

For that small portion of people who insist on trying to put him in that Kendrick, Cole, Drake Tier tho, these force you to know the difference

200K is impressive. But I see where rbk93 rbk93 is coming from. An artist of Futures caliber and status should be doing that. Shoot, Gunna & Baby do a little below that right now.

But What’s most impressive is Future is STILL doing 200K first week. All his contemporaries, minus Drake, Cole & Kendrick cannot do that.

The Big Sean’s, Wale’s, Wiz, MEEK etc and all those other rappers of a certain lane/style, who THEY tried to put in the convos time has passed.

Future has always been the “Fourth Guy” out of that convo of the last decade of new school rappers. Folks just never wanted to admit it, because of who he is.

But it’s becoming clearer and clearer now.

Yeah I don't understand people suddenly being like "he's still rapping about cocaine" after 2 decades of it. Like what did y'all think was gonna magically happen :lol:

This was written by this person
1650843600518.png

:lol:

Also, Push definitely raps about more than just coke lol

Jay, Em, Durk, Meek, Ross, Wayne, Travis, Uzi.

Good adds. I thought you were referencing newer rappers that consistently put music out.
I had Jay & Em listed, but erased them cause they're old acts and don't drop often enough.
Travis & Uzi definitely doing numbers too.

I love Ross, but his last album did 30k first week. Meek did less than 95k.
Those my guys, but it's quiet for them out there.
Durk trending in the right direction, but he's not there yet.
I can't see a 2022 Wayne doing 200k either unless he gets a Drake stimmy.

I felt like I was signed to Roc-A-Fella. :lol:

At least you ain’t go headband and wristband.

It was some dudes going head band and 80s wristband. With a durag.

Hov was WILDING with this one :lol:

18BFBD4F-A4D4-4B47-80C6-FCD02AF1A87F.jpeg
0130A319-D872-4290-9EA2-95198405F0D2.jpeg
4C472191-3623-4721-B142-C3A428E79D68.jpeg

Edit….

Actually…Come to think of it, I too am guilty of this (and worse).

In 03, I copped an AF1 PINK headband AND Wristband to match the forces with a pink tall tee and white durag underneath.

I thought I was Camron & Cassidy all rolled into one.

Terrible behavior. I did start to get chicks around this time, so it wasn’t all bad. But I was wilding.

At least you ain’t go headband and wristband.

It was some dudes going head band and 80s wristband. With a durag.

Hov was WILDING with this one :lol:

18BFBD4F-A4D4-4B47-80C6-FCD02AF1A87F.jpeg
0130A319-D872-4290-9EA2-95198405F0D2.jpeg
4C472191-3623-4721-B142-C3A428E79D68.jpeg

Edit….

Actually…Come to think of it, I too am guilty of this (and worse).

In 03, I copped an AF1 PINK headband AND Wristband to match the forces with a pink tall tee and white durag underneath.

I thought I was Camron & Cassidy all rolled into one.

Terrible behavior. I did start to get chicks around this time, so it wasn’t all bad. But I was wilding.

I never understood the wristband thing, but then I realized I used to rock a rastafari one. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom