Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't think that's unpopular. He's the only one who doesn't have a career defining stand-up special

Nipsey album good, right mix of street **** & real rap. Him Meek, East, Herbo, Schoolbuy have all dropped projects that are centered around growing in the streets but still offer a lot of substance, i need to make a thread about that. need more new street rap, not just *****s selling tons & shooting dracos for no reason. I've grown pretty tired of hearing that **** over similar production constantly

Didn't he run over and kill a *****?

yeah but 3 sides and all that.

apparently someone had a gun and he was just tryna get outta there i dont think he was just tryna run ****** over but im only vaguely familiar with the case and ofc i wasnt there

Dipset influence 2018 :pimp:

CDBA332F-9C70-4439-90A7-95E4DD5243C2.jpeg

what video is it that has dips kinda standing like this and the camera is looking up at them and i vividly remember one or two of them had on the NBA patch jackets, maybe the lakers championship one

or am i imagining

Thanks for sending me back to such a beautiful time in my childhood.

lowkey wish i was like high school/college age during the prime of the snap/crunk era i know those parties were so lit. most i could experience was the tail end of it seeing a sea of ****** crank that soulja boy @ middle school dances lol

:lol: there was an urban legend that someone broke their neck tryna poole palace “lean wit it rock wit it” that **** looks like a dave chappelle skit in my head

this is such an underrated song. ^^^

that whole era >

L882615161.jpg

989117ab354bd47bc226e0da3e2989ff.jpg

my boy pulled put a pair of these in blue a few months ago for the club they still crispy as hell i still want a pair.

they need to do a retro with more colors and icy soles and ****. keep the Jordans and adidas and **** these the joints I would customize as a rapper with a shoe deal.

prada-grey-americas-cup-leather-sneakers-product-1-3043925-969645760.jpeg

lowkey ye soaked a lot of sauce from these (and the AJ XI IE lows) for the mud rats.

3f39a438b53517acc28d268d8084f10a

would literally give up my left nut to have a chance to go back to this period in my life

Yea that 2006ish era with snap music was pretty live...simpler times

https://www.npr.org/sections/allson...pic-stories-behind-victory-lap-track-by-track

"This ain't no subliminal diss for anybody that started bangin' after they were successful. That's Soulja Boy; that's Chris Brown. If the shoes fits, wear it. I know Soulja Boy and I know Chris Brown, but I want to be real. As far as gang bangin', they're not gang bangers. You probably are a real *****. But as far as Piru, Crip, Blood, you're not a Blood, you're not a Piru. You'll never be one, period. You're not a Crip. That's just a fact. Stop playing. I got dead homies from this, for real.

Do I feel like Soulja Boy's not a man? Nah. I respect Soulja Boy. I've been in the club with Soulja Boy. [But] if I got a little brother and he's doing goofy ****, I'ma tell him: That's goofy, bro. That ain't a hundred. But I still got love for you. You still my brother, but that's goofy and we ain't condoning that type of goofiness. Period. That's what this song is about. We ain't gonna tell you to gang bang; we gonna tell you to buy out the block. And we gonna support the businesses and create tourism around here. This is Crenshaw Boulevard. This is a famous street."

That Sammie album was fire, I can’t find my burnt copy anywhere. Smh

Scrappy - Oh Yeah!

Lil Jon - Snap Yo Fingers

E40 whole damn album he put out with Lil Jon

That Sammie album was fire, I can’t find my burnt copy anywhere. Smh

Scrappy - Oh Yeah!

Lil Jon - Snap Yo Fingers

E40 whole damn album he put out with Lil Jon

you talking about the one when he was a kid or he put one out during the snap era? i thought i saw that but it seem like there are hella albums from the mid-late 2000’s that were made and never released like yung La’s major label debut smh.

he dropped one during the snap era? i know that **** is. hard especially if jazze on the beats

https://www.npr.org/sections/allson...pic-stories-behind-victory-lap-track-by-track

"This ain't no subliminal diss for anybody that started bangin' after they were successful. That's Soulja Boy; that's Chris Brown. If the shoes fits, wear it. I know Soulja Boy and I know Chris Brown, but I want to be real. As far as gang bangin', they're not gang bangers. You probably are a real *****. But as far as Piru, Crip, Blood, you're not a Blood, you're not a Piru. You'll never be one, period. You're not a Crip. That's just a fact. Stop playing. I got dead homies from this, for real.

Do I feel like Soulja Boy's not a man? Nah. I respect Soulja Boy. I've been in the club with Soulja Boy. [But] if I got a little brother and he's doing goofy ****, I'ma tell him: That's goofy, bro. That ain't a hundred. But I still got love for you. You still my brother, but that's goofy and we ain't condoning that type of goofiness. Period. That's what this song is about. We ain't gonna tell you to gang bang; we gonna tell you to buy out the block. And we gonna support the businesses and create tourism around here. This is Crenshaw Boulevard. This is a famous street."

i be wondering how the rappers like Yg and Nip feel when they gotta stand next to ****** like chris who was in bubble gum commercials and deciding to start banging bc doublemint couldnt be his lane no more after he beat that ***** sideways

Gotta get this off my chest:

I **** with Nipsey as a person and businessman. Respect him a lot, but I can't **** with his music, man.
His raps are boring and predictable. Its like everything I hate about Jay-Z but over west coast production.

Gotta get this off my chest:

I **** with Nipsey as a person and businessman. Respect him a lot, but I can't **** with his music, man.
His raps are boring and predictable. Its like everything I hate about Jay-Z but over west coast production.

what do you hate about jay

expound on this

i like nip but i see why someone would feel this way and it lends to the statement irv gotti has made about mumble rap: “what can a ***** say after jay, pac, nas, etc.”

what do we really want from rappers and thats a real question not something tryna “defend” nip

Back
Top Bottom