Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Never really got the full story. Pharrell mentioned it during the “Something in the water” festival in 2018. Mike would’ve had a strong roster if it worked out. He was also trying to sign Lauryn Hill and Tevin Campbell.
I just did a quick search and allegedly these songs were meant for him :

U Don't Have to Call
Senorita
Take it From Here
Nothin' Else
Last Night
Let's Take a Ride

Im not familiar with the last 4 songs but I know 4sure Mike would have freaked you don't have to call and senorita better than usher and JT ESPECIALLY Senorita

I just did a quick search and allegedly these songs were meant for him :

U Don't Have to Call
Senorita
Take it From Here
Nothin' Else
Last Night
Let's Take a Ride

Im not familiar with the last 4 songs but I know 4sure Mike would have freaked you don't have to call and senorita better than usher and JT ESPECIALLY Senorita
Mj version of senorita would've been epic.

I just did a quick search and found out allegedly these songs were meant for him :

U Don't Have to Call
Senorita
Take it From Here
Nothin' Else
Last Night
Let's Take a Ride

Yep, along with another track "What's A Guy Gotta Do", that Usher and JT recorded. His management kinda vetoed the collaboration. Pharrell later said that MJ liked the tracks, but it was pretty much like treading old territory for him, so he respectfully turned em down. They got closer with Janet, who actually recorded tracks with them. A MJ/Neptunes collaboration would've been hugely successful, but it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom