Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Poo Simms 🙄

Dude is a dirt bag who got jammed up. Max got a "new deal" because Gerald Saluti who was also his music manager was his original lawyer during the case. His "new" (current) lawyer used the conflict of interest clause so they instead they granted him the original 10 year deal.

Michael Jackson & Prince type of thing

But in general pretty much most rappers outside of the New York bubble don't get the credit they deserve on the large platforms (that are largely hosted in the NY market) b/c of the dumb bias exhibited from old dudes.

This is a silly comment, and shows you need to stay in your lane and need to keep posting Drake's baby soft ****.

Because Quik was more than a rapper, and lyric wise he isn't Big or Jay. Lyric wise he wasn't Cube, Snoop or Pac.

A better comparison are other rapper producers like Dre, Pete Rock, Diamond D or Large Professor. And none of them get the credit they deserve besides Dre.

In fact almost no 90's rappers get the credit they deserve, and it has absolutely nothing to do with New York. It has everything to do with young people not respecting rap music prior to their era.

Poo Simms 🙄

Dude is a dirt bag who got jammed up. Max got a "new deal" because Gerald Saluti who was also his music manager was his original lawyer during the case. His "new" (current) lawyer used the conflict of interest clause so they instead they granted him the original 10 year deal.

Man, the internet is wicked :smh:

This is a silly comment, and shows you need to stay in your lane and need to keep posting Drake's baby soft ****.

Because Quik was more than a rapper, and lyric wise he isn't Big or Jay. Lyric wise he wasn't Cube, Snoop or Pac.

A better comparison are other rapper producers like Dre, Pete Rock, Diamond D or Large Professor. And none of them get the credit they deserve besides Dre.

In fact almost no 90's rappers get the credit they deserve, and it has absolutely nothing to do with New York. It has everything to do with young people not respecting rap music prior to their era.

ezgif-7-45cca8bbe213.gif

Typical old NY old head response. Take a chill pill, my guy.

Quik ain't get much radio or video play in the era where that was everything. I remember listening to a interview he did and he was talking about how him and his label was beef'n for a while, they ain't give him no kinda push. He rushed signing the deal and right after he did Eazy told him he was stupid, Eazy wanted to sign him. If he was on ruthless his career woulda been bigger.

And Quik don't have a Snoop, Nate Dogg or somebody like that under his belt. He put on Suga Free whos a legend but he always been underground. Musically he's a genius. His production is on another level, it's bigger than hip hop.

Twitter really suspended my account for saying “HAN” (The h*e) version? Yeah, I’m about done with Twitter. As much sexist, misogynistic and racist stuff that gets said on there? Yeah I’m about through. Y’all ever got suspended on there?

Twitter really suspended my account for saying “HAN” (The h*e) version? Yeah, I’m about done with Twitter. As much sexist, misogynistic and racist stuff that gets said on there? Yeah I’m about through. Y’all ever got suspended on there?
Nah but when i had an account yrs ago i got blocked by dj whoo kidd for asking him why he played the same set at my homies birthday party that he did the previous year :lol:

cant remember exactly what I said but it was something about Nicki Minaj (didn’t @ her just typed her name) guess her fans / barb search her name ...... like 100 women , gay dudes and trans folks came in my mentions killing me , threatening all types of wild **** and then reported old *** tweets of me using inappropriate language .

kind Of traumatizing , I’ll never tweet her name again 😂

got suspended for 12 or 24 hours

Back
Top Bottom