Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

the reason why future and gucci fell out is soft as hell lol..futures is either soft or something else happened behind the scenes because that reason doesn't make any sense

C’mon bruh.... look at this n_! You know he was getting “took” everyday in school

2B0EED35-AC47-4EC3-83BF-CAE2FE55CBB7.jpeg

I don’t know if he went back but I know he said he was in and out multiple times and then the last time was when they found out he had Covid. But the way this article reads, sounds like he’s better and recovering

Houston rapper Scarface says he tested positive for coronavirus and has “been sick for weeks.”

Scarface, real name Brad Jordan, shared the news with fans Thursday on Instagram during a live interview with fellow hip-hop personality Willie D.

“I been to the point where I felt like I was going to die,” Scarface said.

Speaking via Zoom from his home, Scarface explained that the illness started out as a scratchy throat. As things got worse, he went to an emergency room. Eventually his kidneys began to fail, he said.

“I’m thinking I may be on the back end of it, because I’ve probably had it for so long. It’s been to the point where I’d be laying down and I couldn’t get comfortable because it was like an elephant sitting on my chest, bro. I could not breathe, I couldn’t sit up,” he said.

He eventually improved enough to be sent home, and urged fans to take the virus seriously.

“Don’t play no games with it,” he warned. “I haven’t been nowhere. I’ve been in my house. I ain’t been on no planes, I ain’t been in no restaurants… People out there thinking this **** is a game? You don’t want to play with this.”

I don’t know if he went back but I know he said he was in and out multiple times and then the last time was when they found out he had Covid. But the way this article reads, sounds like he’s better and recovering

Houston rapper Scarface says he tested positive for coronavirus and has “been sick for weeks.”

Scarface, real name Brad Jordan, shared the news with fans Thursday on Instagram during a live interview with fellow hip-hop personality Willie D.

“I been to the point where I felt like I was going to die,” Scarface said.

Speaking via Zoom from his home, Scarface explained that the illness started out as a scratchy throat. As things got worse, he went to an emergency room. Eventually his kidneys began to fail, he said.

“I’m thinking I may be on the back end of it, because I’ve probably had it for so long. It’s been to the point where I’d be laying down and I couldn’t get comfortable because it was like an elephant sitting on my chest, bro. I could not breathe, I couldn’t sit up,” he said.

He eventually improved enough to be sent home, and urged fans to take the virus seriously.

“Don’t play no games with it,” he warned. “I haven’t been nowhere. I’ve been in my house. I ain’t been on no planes, I ain’t been in no restaurants… People out there thinking this **** is a game? You don’t want to play with this.”

Yeah I'm confused at this point.

They was before Mobb Deep though. SSC came out like 91.

I never believed that...at least then.

Because South Central Cartel never accused them of stealing their names. It was the other way around.

And one was Prodigy and the other Prodejee.

It might have been a coincidence, a real big one.

I never believed that...at least then.

Because South Central Cartel never accused them of stealing their names. It was the other way around.

And one was Prodigy and the other Prodejee.

Might just be a weird coincidence. I think Mobb Deep's juvenile hell was like 92 maybe. It's no way they knew about each other on other sides of the country that far back to bite. A lot of Cali rappers would spell their names different from the actual spelling.

In 1991, Havoc and Prodigy originally went by the name "Poetical Prophets" and began making a demo tape.[11] They would find the addresses of record label headquarters on the back of albums, bring a cassette player, and ask passing artists to listen to their music.[12]The only artist who stopped to hear their music was Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest; Prodigy recalled, "[Q-Tip] introduced us to Chris Lightythat day and a bunch of people in the Rush Associated Labels in the Def Jam office—that's how we met everybody."[12] Shortly after, Prodigy signed a solo demo deal with Jive Records and had an uncredited feature on the song "Too Young" by Hi-Five, which appeared on the Boyz n the Hood soundtrack.[11] Jive decided not to sign Poetical Prophets as a duo, however, they were featured in the Unsigned Hype column of The Source in July 1991,[11][13]which helped promote their demo Flavor for the Nonbelievers.
2BFD2AE1-D883-4F25-A2E5-2D85D9610256.jpeg

In 1991, Havoc and Prodigy originally went by the name "Poetical Prophets" and began making a demo tape.[11] They would find the addresses of record label headquarters on the back of albums, bring a cassette player, and ask passing artists to listen to their music.[12]The only artist who stopped to hear their music was Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest; Prodigy recalled, "[Q-Tip] introduced us to Chris Lightythat day and a bunch of people in the Rush Associated Labels in the Def Jam office—that's how we met everybody."[12] Shortly after, Prodigy signed a solo demo deal with Jive Records and had an uncredited feature on the song "Too Young" by Hi-Five, which appeared on the Boyz n the Hood soundtrack.[11] Jive decided not to sign Poetical Prophets as a duo, however, they were featured in the Unsigned Hype column of The Source in July 1991,[11][13]which helped promote their demo Flavor for the Nonbelievers.
2BFD2AE1-D883-4F25-A2E5-2D85D9610256.jpeg

Poetical Prophets :lol:

That's still funny to me. It's so late 80's.

Back
Top Bottom