Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Didn't realize he was setting a real scene. I was picturing something like the old DBZ type joints
ff06c0c3eea4b5456847c405f0f97f45.jpg

I’m still younger but I’d rock these forgot about these type shirts :lol:

what’s these ****s called if they got a special name

The ones that do it best...the ones I rock with :lol:. For the thousandth time. Lil Baby, Youngboy, Roddy, Durk, Kodak are the only ones who I’m really STAMPING like that.

And they’ve proven to be official. Where’s the lie? They all bring something different to the table. And I rock with it for sure :pimp:
I'm washed and tune out most of that lane because it starts sounding the same, but I feel like Baby one of the better ones doing it. Like this got me boppin my head at work. Gotta control myself and not do the fake dice roll.

I be ready to hop in these convos & realize that some of ya'll really do believe that these verses of mid dudes be dropping are life changing :lol:

You should always hop in man, there’s a weird disconnect between young and old rap fans that I think is really unnecessary. It’s too easy to discount things as trash when it isn’t really meant for you in the first place (except Trippie Redd, there is no excuse for him). I posted an article the other day.

pretty decent read.

I remember being younger and hearing my older fam telling me how garbage the music I was listening to was and I think it subconsciously makes kids rebel. They feel their music the way we felt ours, and that’s a bad feeling having someone call something you love trash in your face. We the old ****** now. I’m personally tryina set a better example.

Ya ****** had the LED belt buckle?, or the fake Jacob watch? Or the Spinning rim watch? :lol:
I was guilty of the fake Jacob, I was like 15
My cuz in VA had bout 3 of them Jacob joints, diamonds used to fall out and all that but still had the colors on the face tho :lol: :pimp: ...The light up belts was for the ho's, aint even have to ask for their name :pimp:

Had the fake Jacob. But my ***** said Jacob...mot geneva lol.

Had the rhinestone belt buckle but not the LED joint lol.

I only had one costume necklace.
My moms would never order me the kits at the back of The Source.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink you should have a mind like my guy Wayno. 21:40 mark.

Always said....if you can feel a Benny the Butcher...you can feel a lil baby. They just saying it two different ways. He gets the Lil Baby appeal :pimp:

y’all nasty for that :lol: them fake *** watches and LED belts were huge here

**** was so bad I couldn’t even wear my real chain in school

You should always hop in man, there’s a weird disconnect between young and old rap fans that I think is really unnecessary. It’s too easy to discount things as trash when it isn’t really meant for you in the first place (except Trippie Redd, there is no excuse for him). I posted an article the other day.

pretty decent read.

I remember being younger and hearing my older fam telling me how garbage the music I was listening to was and I think it subconsciously makes kids rebel. They feel their music the way we felt ours, and that’s a bad feeling having someone call something you love trash in your face. We the old ****** now. I’m personally tryina set a better example.

Been saying this in this thread for years :lol:. Some **** just aint for us. And that’s ok. And the kids bunker down on trolling as rebellion...since they got a better grasp of it :lol:. It’s a weird cycle. But this is spot on.

Facts. All the geeks would pair this with some JNCO jeans & act like they was killing.

I love Dragonball. But them DBZ shirts was a first class ticket to never being mildly associated with ANYTHING cool for years :lol:. And that’s at a time in life where, ***** like that seemed like it mattered.It was a stain, one couldn’t get off. Turrible.

pretty decent read.

I hear you but this works both ways, there's a huge portion of kids who think that hiphop is only made for the 15-25 demographic and that anyone who isn't beloved by that demographic is somehow less important to the culture or not as "relevant".

This may have been valid in the early 90's but hiphop has grown, there are 40 year olds who grew up fully acclimated in hiphop culture, there are 40+ rappers still delivering great music, who are making records and sounds prevalent to a fanbase that grew with them.

So when i decide not to hop in these convos it's honestly to try & not **** on the new generation, because the second i hop in & say that so & so's music is mid... it's reshaped as if it's a generational/regional thing... when in reality a lot of the music sounds uninspired & generic to ME.

I love some songs by thug, Baby, Marlo, Durk, Roddy etc etc. The songs/projects i rock with i rock with, but i'm not gonna sit here with a straight face & tell you that these dudes are making some elite level of rap, or are putting out a large quantity of quality music.

Been saying this in this thread for years :lol:. Some **** just aint for us. And that’s ok. And the kids bunker down on trolling as rebellion...since they got a better grasp of it :lol:. It’s a weird cycle. But this is spot on.

**** crazy man. How you tell a whole generation of kids their music trash then tell them they have to respect the music you love with a straight face :lol:

I love Dragonball. But them DBZ shirts was a first class ticket to never being mildly associated with ANYTHING cool for years :lol:. And that’s at a time in life where, ***** like that seemed like it mattered.It was a stain, one couldn’t get off. Turrible.
Cats will still slide somebody that had a DBZ shirt in middle school to this day :lol: ....That was just a hard no

I hear you but this works both ways, there's a huge portion of kids who think that hiphop is only made for the 15-25 demographic and that anyone who isn't beloved by that demographic is somehow less important to the culture or not as "relevant".

with how rap has progressed I honestly think there are artists and even sub genres that are only for certain age demographics. And we tend to focus mostly on our demos when it comes to music so I understand that part to a degree. The early teens late twenties demo is probably the most important to rap the business right now.

I love some songs by thug, Baby, Marlo, Durk, Roddy etc etc. The songs/projects i rock with i rock with, but i'm not gonna sit here with a straight face & tell you that these dudes are making some elite level of rap, or are putting out a large quantity of quality music.

the thing with this is we’re basing what is and isn’t elite on what you could really call dated ideas. of course there is a foundation for hip hop music but as time goes on things are gonna progress away from what we deem “elite” or whatever adjective. Our voice in the culture gets smaller as time goes on. It’s why some artists have found themselves looking crazy trying to adapt.

others have been able to gracefully continue their careers as time goes on but it’s a handful of people.

it’s been wild to watch in real time because at first I felt like how I’m assuming the heads 10 years older than me felt watching rap progress :lol:

Back
Top Bottom