Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah J Prince outta pocket for bringing her mama into it, bruh done watered himself down over the years :smh:

edit: I guess I kinda see why he brought it up

Meg got the public thinking she walked in dolo and just signed whatever Carl put on the table, in reality her mama and current manager ironed this deal out :ohwell:

I don’t see the dig as being that insidious as you guys. I took it as him saying “you and your mother, who are/were both capable of reading, negotiated this deal and agreed to it.”

I get his point. The majors didn’t come to Meg until she was bubbling. She wouldn’t have bubbled without the 1501 deal and the money they put up for her. Sign whatever management deals you want, but deliver on what you Initially agreed to. Don’t shortchange the fact that 1501 helped get you into those Roc Nation meeting rooms.

Last edited:
I just want to know if these dudes actually type that stuff themselves, or do they get their admins or assistants.

And do they go over it with a lawyer first.

It looks clownish. People try to win battles in gossip and public opinion rather than in court. If I make 10 statements, I'll win. Bro, you aren't in high school. Nobody would still be talking about it, besides the statements that J Prince and Crawford keep putting out.

Lol Baby is cool but please pump the brakes like he’s TM101/Recession Jeezy or something.

Stunna 4 Vegas though...woooow...some weed carriers need to stay weed carriers. Not everybody needs to have studio time.

Jeeeeezy?
Jeezy?
A877E952-26E3-4C92-95F6-136F090E3120.jpeg

The same ***** who been dropping trash for 10 years plus? The same ***** who never been a good rapper, he just overachieved. He like the Draymond Green of the rap game. Man don’t ever compare Baby to that guy. He got a couple classics but that’s it, he could never spit like Baby....NEVER.

I don’t see the dig as being that insidious as you guys. I took it as him saying “you and your mother, who are/were both capable of reading, negotiated this deal and agreed to it.

I get his point. The majors didn’t come to Meg until she was bubbling. She wouldn’t have bubbles without the 1501 deal. Sign whatever management deals you want, but deliver on what you agreed to, and don’t shortchange the fact that we helped get you into those Roc Nation meeting rooms.

Yeah I kinda agree

On a personal tip it kinda feel outta pocket, but on a business tip I've heard these attorneys say way crazier **** and it is important to the context of the situation

It looks clownish. People try to win battles in gossip and public opinion rather than in court. If I make 10 statements, I'll win. Bro, you aren't in high school. Nobody would still be talking about it, besides the statements that J Prince and Crawford keep putting out.

She did kinda kick this off herself tho bro. We all saw the Uzi/Drama ****. She basically tried to do the same thing with a #FREEMEG campaign etc.

Armchair A&R's been ranting for 2 days because everybody's under the assumption that she signed this deal solo dolo without any type of attorneys/managers involved. It's turned into a bigger conversation about the music industry

“He got a couple classics but that’s it” is a wild argument to make. :lol:

Like fam, there are mad people who don’t even have 1 classic (Baby being one of them at this point), let alone a couple.

Y’all love rewriting history when someone new comes along.

It’s not a wild statement when you put out a number of projects after those classics and they all been duds... And this has been going on for over a decade man. Trap or die 2 came out in 08. I’m not rewriting ****, Jeezy never been known for bars, he just made motivational street music. I’m not comparing catalogues and I’m not comparing movements, I’m comparing skill. Jeezy not seeing Baby period. I’m mad y’all got me talking about this *****.

Can I get
It’s not a wild statement when you put out a number of projects after those classics and they all been duds... And this has been going on for over a decade man. Trap or die 2 came out in 08. I’m not rewriting ****, Jeezy never been known for bars, he just made motivational street music. I’m not comparing catalogues and I’m not comparing movements, I’m comparing skill. Jeezy not seeing Baby period. I’m mad y’all got me talking about this *****.
Baby is not known for bars either fam. :lol:

Jeeeeezy?
Jeezy?
A877E952-26E3-4C92-95F6-136F090E3120.jpeg

The same ***** who been dropping trash for 10 years plus? The same ***** who never been a good rapper, he just overachieved. He like the Draymond Green of the rap game. Man don’t ever compare Baby to that guy. He got a couple classics but that’s it, he could never spit like Baby....NEVER.

TM101...The Recession. Baby has nothing like those and never will. Please stop.

I’m sure it’s a lot of young ****** that look at Baby projects the same way you look at 101 and the Recession. Can’t compete with the nostalgia.

Yea maybe if you’re 22 and under :rofl: but even on actual rapping ability, you’re acting like Lil Baby is Blueprint Jay and Jeezy is Rich The Kid. You listed a bunch of things Lil Baby has, yet I listened to his 20 track album that’s barely better than that last album Jeezy released
D02001E5-99C8-42C5-8A75-81137DF77AC7.png
he does have potential, as he’s one of the better sounding harmonizing dudes, but as of now, he’s getting a lot of hype off an album the just sounds like the deluxe version of DaBaby’s ‘Kirk’. All the variety of producers yet still manages to mostly sound like 1 song.

Yea maybe if you’re 22 and under :rofl: but even on actual rapping ability, you’re acting like Lil Baby is Blueprint Jay and Jeezy is Rich The Kid. You listed a bunch of things Lil Baby has, yet I listened to his 20 track album that’s barely better than that last album Jeezy released
D02001E5-99C8-42C5-8A75-81137DF77AC7.png
he does have potential, as he’s one of the better sounding harmonizing dudes, but as of now, he’s getting a lot of hype off an album the just sounds like the deluxe version of DaBaby’s ‘Kirk’. All the variety of producers yet still manages to mostly sound like 1 song.

Whole statement full of cap smh...I don’t even know where to start. I think my dawg Peep might be officially WASHED. First Thug now this.

Whole statement full of cap smh...I don’t even know where to start. I think my dawg Peep might be officially WASHED. First Thug now this.
Show me where the cap is. Did you actually listen to all of My Turn? And at the very Baby is better than Thug anyway, so even mentioning that bum is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom