Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I wouldn't go that far. I'll take 20 years, great catalog and great business moves.
His business moves are meaningless to me.

And I purposely didn't go in to detail with it but I'm sure we'd disagree how great that catalog is.

Suffice it to say, for like the last 4 or 5 Jay albums I listened to I was struggling to salvage more than 3 songs to keep in rotation.

Last edited:

And I purposely didn't go in to deal with it but I'm sure we'd disagree how great that catalog is.

Suffice it to say, for like the last 4 or 5 Jay albums I listened to I was struggling to salvage more than 3 songs to keep in rotation.
Jay been trash though
Since Hawaiian Sophie

That 3 album run is arguably the best run in rap period.

3 classics in a row.

I'll take that over Jay's "consistency".

No

Tribe, EPMD, Outkast, Ice Cube...

if DMX died after and then there was X he'd replace BIG as greatest rapper of all time...

he literally RAN it for those 3 albums.

Naw, I think he'd be in that Tupc lane of being real and speaking to people

And I purposely didn't go in to deal with it but I'm sure we'd disagree how great that catalog is.

So what DMX albums do you listen to from the past 15 years?

No

Tribe, EPMD, Outkast, Ice Cube...
So its not arguable to you?

Well **** your opinion then :lol:

So what DMX albums do you listen to from the past 15 years?
Well he only has 3 and I do bump Undisputed when I'm in that mood.

But its not like I think X didn't fall off. I just know I'd take those 3 first albums over Jay's entire catalog.

Last edited:
IMO DMX's music didn't age well. I don't like a lot of those PK, Dame Grease and Swizz beats that much besides the classics. They seem cheap and hollow. It's the same way I feel about 50's music listening to it now.

Whoa, that’s wild. I still play damn near every song off It’s Dark and Flesh. Third album was good but I probably skip 6-7 songs on it.

I still play a lot of 50 and G Unit too.

if DMX died after and then there was X he'd replace BIG as greatest rapper of all time...

he literally RAN it for those 3 albums.

That 3 album run is arguably the best run in rap period.

3 classics in a row.

And Then There Was X did over 700k first week and 5mil :sick:

The fact he could go from this

To this

and finally this

Is incredible in itself, these aren't just fan favorites these joints were ******* hits when they dropped.

Earl wont be appreciated till he passes sadly

Brenda, LaTisha, Linda, Felicia
Dawn, LeShaun, Ines, and Alicia
Teresa, Monica, Sharron, Nicki
Lisa, Veronica, Karen, Vicky
Cookie, well, I met her in a ice cream parlor
Tonya, Diane, Lori, and Carla
Marina, Selena, Katrina, Sabrina
About three Kim's, LaToya, and Tina
Shelley, Bridget, Cathy, Rasheeda
Kelly, Nicole, Angel, Juanita
Stacy, Tracie, Rohna, and Ronda
Donna, Ulanda, Tawana, and Wanda

****in HATE Party Up. Didn't like it when the album came out, hate it even more because it's wypipo's go to DMX song at a party or event. **** that song.

Get It On the Floor >>> Party Up
I was just trying to point out his diversity, especially coming from such a hardcore and dark rapper. Being able to make hits for multiple audiences to me was and still is amazing. I liked party up but he has certainly made better songs

I kid you not at one point I thought their were 2 separate rappers on these (Props to BIG, GIMMIE THE LOOT)

Hahahaha Hahahaha thoughts? :nerd: :nerd:

37512334-7939-4E01-A84E-88C90978CB8D.jpeg

5FB64B2A-FAB5-4C53-90AD-B325AA79166C.jpeg

It’s Dark and and Hell is Hot does have a dated feel to it, but if
The fact he could go from this

To this

and finally this

Is incredible in itself, these aren't just fan favorites these joints were ****ing hits when they dropped.

Earl wont be appreciated till he passes sadly

Without missing a beat. I never thought about it the way @ninjahood put it, but that’s spot on.

****in HATE Party Up. Didn't like it when the album came out, hate it even more because it's wypipo's go to DMX song at a party or event. **** that song.

Get It On the Floor >>> Party Up
I hated Party Up at first, too. It was everywhere though so I eventually got used to it. Now I can listen and actually enjoy it.:lol:

They’re nicely done. Simple and high quality. I would never wear them, that owl is gay and adding the fur along with the owl is too much.

Back
Top Bottom