Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Blows my mind when people say they’ve never been. Why have you never been to one?

I was 9 when I went to my first concert, been going all the time since I was old enough to go on my own. Concerts are dope as ****, especially the small venue joints.
I’m not really sure why. I guess a lot of the rappers I listen to, don’t come across as performers. I don’t think I want to pay to watch guys walk back and forth on stage rapping their songs. I’m sure all of them aren’t like that at all. I also think I’d be disappointed to go see some of my favorite artists perform their pop hits as opposed to the songs I grew up on. I don’t want to watch Wayne perform **** from C5, I want to see Hot Boy, We on Fire Wayne but I understand I’m not the target audience.

I’m not really sure why. I guess a lot of the rappers I listen to, don’t come across as performers. I don’t think I want to pay to watch guys walk back and forth on stage rapping their songs. I’m sure all of them aren’t like that at all. I also think I’d be disappointed to go see some of my favorite artists perform their pop hits as opposed to the songs I grew up on. I don’t want to watch Wayne perform **** from C5, I want to see Hot Boy, We on Fire Wayne but I understand I’m not the target audience.

Now is the time to see some of those acts, small venues and when they’re falling off they do more of their old classics. My boy went to the NL reunion tour and they’re old and they don’t really tour anymore but it was just dope seeing videos of them in person performing their classics.

Blows my mind when people say they’ve never been. Why have you never been to one?

I was 9 when I went to my first concert, been going all the time since I was old enough to go on my own. Concerts are dope as ****, especially the small venue joints.

Rap concerts in general suck.

Reactions: OTG
Rap concerts in general suck.

Yeah, I don’t have high expectations. It’s cool just to see them in person and perform their music. I hate it when they have 50 people on stage with them, that’s my only complaint.

I seen Nas and DMX last year, they were cool. Nothing that would blow my mind but it was dope. I went to the G Unit reunion and that was cool, dope to hear about 50 songs in 90 minutes. Most of the concerts I go to are R&B

Now is the time to see some of those acts, small venues and when they’re falling off they do more of their old classics. My boy went to the NL reunion tour and they’re old and they don’t really tour anymore but it was just dope seeing videos of them in person performing their classics.
The NL reunion tour was one I was looking at but it seems there aren’t many dates for it. I was hoping they’d hit the Tampa area. I’d drive to Miami if necessary. Same goes for a Hot Boy reunion but I doubt that’ll happen. It seems like Turk is the only really interested and it’s probably more of him needing the bread than actually wanting to do it. Watching this was kinda sad...

How old is that video?

Turk be talking out the side of his neck. Either he all on IG with baby... or talking down on him.

How old is that video?

Turk be talking out the side of his neck. Either he all on IG with baby... or talking down on him.
Not sure when it was posted. Turk still trying to eat off them HB days. Everybody else had solo success either with or without Cash Money. Unfortunately for him, he got locked up and never really had a chance to capitalize but it ain’t like he put out any memorable music since he been out. Bruh been out for 7 years now.

That proves my whole point about how “great” Turk is :lol:

weak sauce.

there was no memorable song even in his HB days except for the joint song Infared dot.

“Jumped off the desktop” :lol: :lol: :lol:

people gotta realize that you’re only in the spotlight for so long. You gotta have a fall back plan. Turk music definitely impacted me. All the HotBoy$ did.

he needs a new outlet. You can go on a reunion tour allllllll you want. If you do profit, the profit you make, you better use it wisely or, you’ll be back complaining again.

Them songs not memorable - those song you personally like. :lol:

I know them all word for word. If someone don’t like those songs, I know they ***** and don’t know a thing about music.

those songs been getting me hyped since I was 9/10 years old. I get that same feeling every time.

riding with my uncle in his cutlass back in the day. Fonkin’

You have nostalgia ties to that. 8 or 9 listening to that. Clearly that’s why you love Turk - you didn’t know any better.

I was 18/19 during those times.

:lol:

Don’t get me wrong I love ‘bout whatever.’ It’s just not memorable.

But if you noticed in the post - Slim, BG, Juvie and Wayne are in the talks.

If Turk was to be added to that question of who would you get rid of -trust me Turk is on almost everyone’s picks.

You have nostalgia ties to that. 8 or 9 listening to that. Clearly that’s why you love Turk - you didn’t know any better.

I was 18/19 during those times.

:lol:

Don’t get me wrong I love ‘bout whatever.’ It’s just not memorable.

But if you noticed in the post - Slim, BG, Juvie and Wayne are in the talks.

If Turk was to be added to that question of who would you get rid of -trust me Turk is on almost everyone’s picks.

which is fine. Gladly I’m not everyone. I’ll admit, Turk PEAK, PEAKED! at like 18/19. His issues just took over. It’s a “whatcould’ve been” scenario. Wasn’t he strung out worse than BG? I know you’d know the story.

I know Turk ain’t as beloved as the other members and some more heralded NO rappers. But he’s my guy :lol:

St Louis ppl saying the No Limit Tour looked like a open mic except for Mystikal performance, _’s hot :lol:
That no limit reunion tour is ***

My boy sent me some videos and I am convinced Master P has never written any of his rhymes. He's so off and forgetting words, I was dying.

Mia X and Mystikal looked okay. Fiend and P were lost.

I'm assuming they don't rehearse or practice but I would still go just for nostalgic reasons but I wouldn't spend a lot of money on them.

Back
Top Bottom