Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah I never understood that, regional music is alive and well it’s just......regional :lol:

You gotta tap in and seek it out. Regional sounds only be hitting the mainstream like that when somebody within puts the right magic together to catch attention outside the region

Lately that’s been the dudes like Keef, Tee Grizzley, Kodak, Youngboy, Mozzy, etc. All these dudes took off from just doing the regional sounds of wherever they came from

This x 10000%.

Ye i cant get into them griselda ******. Production aint for me. Ill stick to gibbs/pusha for my fix

Wild how much traction Griselda got in this thread after they hit Vlad and No Jumper. I thought I was in the Griselda thread.:lol:

Slightly on topic, this dropped today and as expected it’s dope:

I know a few people were anticipating this when they pushed it back a few weeks ago.

It's the same dudes that have been posting in the GxFR thread the past few years still trying to put people on I feel like.
Younger posters still can't get into them it seems but I get it considering what was popular/considered classic material when they were growing up.

Honest question. Is it more that people miss a certain kind of music and sound or do people
really think them Griselda ***** are THAT good?

Bet that thread smell like Kools and Kangols
you have to put your northface on over your champion hoodie before you enter that thread.

Honest question. Is it more that people miss a certain kind of music and sound or do people
both.
Griselda has the best and most consistent quality of music out IMO.

you have to put your northface on over your champion hoodie before you enter that thread.

both.
Griselda has the best and most consistent quality of music out IMO.

That's pretty much what it is. They're good rappers in general, and their music has some nostalgia without sounding like they're just completely lifting styles from past artists. Tana Talk 3, Don't Eat The Fruit, Gets Greater Later, HWH6, and various other projects from them don't sound anything like Rae, Ghost, Masta Killa, etc, yet you can tell that's who they're influenced by.

This was discussed already, they would not be getting this much praise if they weren't nice as **** on the mic and if the songs weren't great. Theirs definitely a void a segment of hip-hop fans want to get the filled but those same fans are extremely critical of that type of hip-hop. If these dudes were whack it would of been over for them a long time ago, its a lot more than an aesthetic and sound

EDIT: Just imagine when it get cold again, they may **** around take this thread over for a few days a week

Last edited:

Benny at the very least IS that good. I like Conway and Gunn although I don't really check for their stuff like that.

This was discussed already, they would not be getting this much praise if they weren't nice as **** on the mic and if the songs weren't great. Theirs definitely a void a segment of hip-hop fans want to get the filled but those same fans are extremely critical of that type of hip-hop. If these dudes were whack it would of been over for them a long time ago, its a lot more than an aesthetic and sound

EDIT: Just imagine when it get cold again, they may **** around take this thread over for a few days a week

If these were Tru-Life, Push Montana, or Red Cafe type dudes, threads would be buried on page 350

If these were Tru-Life, Push Montana, or Red Cafe type dudes, threads would be buried on page 350
Absolutely and while I have nothing against those gentleman (I never really skipped Red Café verses on street fam songs myself) these guys are on a whole different level. These aint weed carriers or random rapper entourage members. I know NY was desperate but Troy Ave wasn't it, 69 wasn't it, these ****** are the ones and I'm glad they're getting more stamps of approval from their forefathers

west-coast.jpg

Dave East dropped the ball

:smh:

I thought East was gonna be the one. Dude doesn’t know who he wants to be in the game. The “Crip Model” rings more and more true every time homie posts on Instagram with the “smile eyes” or whatever the b****es call it.

The Griselda cats got their **** together, and even though it’s upstate, I’m glad to see NY being back in the conversation for something other than trolling *** antics and trying to copy the sounds of other regions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom