Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

0EBE9522-470B-435B-89F0-2C10B35B3AA8.jpeg

Sup

Why these rappers tweet about wanting smoke or they're better than another rapper...

And then delete the tweet...

P ussies :lol:

It’s a new strategy

DM Ak and tell him you bout to post, leave it up just long enough for him to get a screenshot/screen record and then let him host the **** **** on his page :lol:

Last edited:
Any Thug project in the last 5 years > Carter 5

You also sat here with a straight face & said Dolph is easier to market to the masses then Young Thug.... It's clear as day you a homer for thug.

But even when people were saying that silly **** back then, people weren't even arguing quality, they legit claimed thug was gonna be a superstar & was "hotter" than Wayne was.. It was silly then & it's silly now. & Also Gunna & Baby giving the people Ayoless versions of thug's music... homie obsolete

was listening to Hitler Wears Hermes 4 this morning & it's hilarious how Gunn takes unnecessary excessive designer name dropping to a whole new level

I dug it at first but now son just sounds like he's reading brands off of SSense

Conway came thru with his most personal verse just for Gunn to dilute the song

You also sat here with a straight face & said Dolph is easier to market to the masses then Young Thug.... It's clear as day you a homer for thug.

But even when people were saying that silly **** back then, people weren't even arguing quality, they legit claimed thug was gonna be a superstar & was "hotter" than Wayne was.. It was silly then & it's silly now. & Also Gunna & Baby giving the people Ayoless versions of thug's music... homie obsolete

Cmon I was semi trolling

But somebody like Dolph whose more regular and easier to figure out is def a easier mass sell. With Thug you really don’t know what you gonna get when you hit play, this _ might come on the track sounding like Satchmo :lol:

Look at all the SoundCloud _’s, Lil Pump wasn’t even close to being the best out of that crop but he’s had the most success because not only does he have memes, his **** is wayyyy more generic and easier to digest for the average person/kid

There’s a reason why rappers “dumb down” to sell to the masses. They don’t want or care about all that extra ****, just some **** they can easily grasp that sound good.

Edit: Think about your favorite rappers, their BIGGEST songs are prolly not even close to being their BEST songs creatively

Last edited:
Cmon I was semi trolling

But somebody like Dolph whose more regular and easier to figure out is def a easier mass sell

Look at all the SoundCloud _’s, Lil Pump wasn’t even close to being the best out of that crop but he’s had the most success because not only does he have memes, his **** is wayyyy more generic and easier to digest for the average person/kid

There’s a reason why rappers “dumb down” to sell to the masses. They don’t want or care about all that extra ****, just some **** they can easily grasp that sound good.

Edit: Think about your favorite rappers, their BIGGEST songs are prolly not even close to being their BEST songs creatively

I get your point but Thug has MORE THAN ENOUGH songs that are right in the lane of what's going on today.. Not to mention he's gotten the support of the streets in certain areas, The Hipster/Tumblr crowd praise him as some kind of progressive cult hero, & the ***** has literally been featured on songs with damn near every major hiphop act of the past 5 years. Thug is TAYLOR MADE to be bigger artist in this version of rap.

It's not that his music is just so different or complicated that the masses don't get it, it's honestly just not that good IMO.

That Quincy Jones documentary is GREAT. He was a legend in music before he even did Thriller. A part that stood out to me was he grew up in the Southside of Chicago and it was f'ed up back and still the same now. Also his daughters fine as a MFer.

I get your point but Thug has MORE THAN ENOUGH songs that are right in the lane of what's going on today.. Not to mention he's gotten the support of the streets in certain areas, The Hipster/Tumblr crowd praise him as some kind of progressive cult hero, & the ***** has literally been featured on songs with damn near every major hiphop act of the past 5 years. Thug is TAYLOR MADE to be bigger artist in this version of rap.

It's not that his music is just so different or complicated that the masses don't get it, it's honestly just not that good IMO.

I agree with everything except the last part. Other than Future, Thug makes better music than everybody else in that harmonized trap music lane but Thug music ain't too complicated. Complex, pitchfork, the masses actually love him. They praise his albums/tapes like they're classics. :lol:

Dude is just mismanaged and he don't know much about the business. He thinks all this Wayne trollin is helping but that might be another thing that's holding him back. People today love Lil Wayne, when he came with that Barter 6 title most people was saying how disrespectful it was to take his brand. All the talk about that album was the title then it came out and sold nothing and the music itself don't the credit it deserves widely.

The premise that a _ not good because he hasn’t had much mainstream success is prolly the trashest opinion I’ve seen on here

Future was featured on every other song on the radio and wasn’t selling much at all. So you telling me Future wasn’t good Pre-DS2? :lol:

If mainstream success is the barometer Drake gotta be Top 5 all time at the least

Back
Top Bottom