Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Never heard it, classifying how it sounds

Wheres @mrwavez to make sense of this :lol:

I've heard and seen plenty reviews of it being called a Pop or an R&B album. I don't need to hear the album when I can read.

I don't like Wale at all, this is one of the few times he said some **** I agree with 1000000% and I'm happy he called him out for it.

Mike Dean should get more credit for his work throughout the years man. Dude was apart of some the most classic/legendary music to ever come out of Houston I.e. Scarface, UGK, Geto Boys, Devin the Dude, Z-ro, etc.

Now 20 years later he’s a HUGE part of Kanye West and Travis Scott who are just like these big pop rap stars :lol:

Your average fan has no clue. Mike Dean been involved in so much of their music. Probably made more of their hits than they made.

First week estimates for the Travis project is 300-400k

Dude has officially arrived on the superstar level, if it wasnt obvious already

Industry gotta be happy as hell all that **** paid off

lmao wym on that last line

Tate Kobang. From round my way. You might remember him from this.

300 Fkd that all up....but to be fair...I don’t think he was ready...and that song blew up unexpectedly. Shorty nice though. Good *****. Northeast **** :pimp:

300 bout to F’k up Creek Boyz too. They reshot that dumb video and remixed the song to take out “Baltimore too many ***** dying”...for some other weak industry ****, Then our Lil Yacthy on it :smh:

Kevin Lyles lost touch. And he from here smh.

imma b salty if they **** up NGeeYL. lowkey by the type of artists they exclusively sign you can already kinda tell their intentions for people.

milk that hot record or year run youre gonna have then lock them into a 360 forever and keep em around in case they blow again. Free my ***** Thugger man.

Thug gonna go independent in 2022 when he 30 and semi washed like Wayne.

Bro I still listen to Trap Digits damn near everyday, 8 months later :lol:

Its criminal how unknown these _'s are bruh. Seem like they just dont know what to do with them but this is a weird *** time right now for artists like them.

They not super young, super street, super hip hop or super weird. No crazy out there image, etc. I do think they got a lane, just have to really find out who their audience is.

They are a trap esque Jodeci. That rollout and marketing wrote itself once I saw 4 My Team.

Its literally impossible to fumble if you give them hot beats and good videos. Whats the confusion? theyre the same audience as Lil baby, Moneybagg, NBA Youngboy, YFN Lucci, Paperlovee, etc. The lyrical standards for that lane are so low and the room to excel beyond anyones expectations is so high (future).

DTLR/Jimmy Jazz core acts or on here basically the type of artists @wavycrocket is always posting. the regular trap ****** and not the weirdo suburban extra’d out ones who sold a few dime bags (if that) and tatted their face up.

Tariq bringing R&B back in a real way :pimp:

yo i saw him post one of his music videos and at first i thought he needed to sit his old *** down but as i let it ride it wasnt even bad for the type of lane he tryna be in.

i think its fly that he just saying **** it and chasing a dream or passion he prolly had for a minute but real life just got in the way.

i always wondered if this dude was a real one (in terms of his relationship with hip hop over the years) or he’s a great actor with a high pain tolerance

sidenote: never forget lil scrappy and ghostface made it to a WWE video game soundtrack that was a classic game and i hope everyone involved can at least pay a bill with that till this day

He wasn't

He never sold more than 100,000 before

And does he even have a lead single?

The Kardashian's are helping

how are yall valuating this

for an artist who debuted in 2013 thats not bad at all especially since the physical album pretty much officially died with Apple Music before his first album even dropped if not prior to that with Spotify and Beats Music App.

no disrespect intended bc this thread always devolves into this topic of age but i feel like once you kinda too old to b on the scene like that youre going off of mainstream looks and charts or the opposite spectrum and what you and your boys play

which i realize we all get old(er) but y’all trippin travis is pretty much as big as one can get with his presumed target audience of early teens - late 20’s

i can see why grown men with families wouldnt bump him but yall tryna downplay him a lot

saw a tweet that said travis scott made “EDM for n_____s”....with a hard ER :lol: and actually that is a perfect description of his music...he is that festival edm trap sound but less “shiny” and poppy so we like it more if that makes sense

Creek Boyz "I'm the one" should've been the one to make them pop

**** a label

its crazy because ****** will **** up their careers by signing to the first ****** that come calling after you pop your 100k view cherry and dont realize that once you get an offer its time to double down and take 6 months if not longer to really double or triple your worth if theyre already interested in you.

Master P turned down either a 1 or 10 million dollar deal with Jimmy Iovine with 500 bucks in his pocket and hit the road instead. the rest is history.

with the internet era that **** should b the logic 100x over but if anything social media and the need to see the grind pay off instantly ruined that.

Few ATL cats that used to rock with Gucci (Scooter, Thug, Nuddy) etc been taking lil pot shots at wop. Considering Gucci is the guy that out Zone 6 on the map, they trying to say he scary to come....they having s Zone 6 day today...and everybody from East Atlanta (Future & them etc) and the whole Atlanta etc showing up and showing out. They tying bait wop to come/say something.

Silly pride/hood **** mostly :lol:.

something ugly is brewing since that little thing on IG where nudy said something about gucci claiming that he still b at the texaco. :lol:

they either gonna make gucci double back or youre gonna look up in 2020 and people are gonna start just talking to Gucci any old kinda way and not respecting who he really is lol.

sidenote i dont understand what the crackhead thought was about to happen here nor what happened after Lotto felt like dude had an adequate timeout but this **** is jokey af

shrimped em

does that caption say no guns. lmao i might have just had to take an *** beating why would you just go to the car and literally let this man give you a time out lol then again why would u come on that man ig live and say that like u had to know what event that was lol huh?

He used a few big tuck beats and watch people think how original he is

that **** was hard tho.

who else mixing tame impala and big tuck lol? or even the sample on the intro of carousel. he taking old hip hop **** and redoing it in his image. how is that not original if no one was doing it before he just did it? and at that is that not what kanye was doing putting preemo scratches on Graduation? the same fusion of hip hop classic iconic things with forward thinking or otherwise unique to ye/travis concepts?

that **** was hard tho.

who else mixing tame impala and big tuck lol? or even the sample on the intro of carousel. he taking old hip hop **** and redoing it in his image. how is that not original if no one was doing it before he just did it? and at that is that not what kanye was doing putting preemo scratches on Graduation? the same fusion of hip hop classic iconic things with forward thinking or otherwise unique to ye/travis concepts?
I mean they will think the beat is original and new

I mean they will think the beat is original and new

he def put me on to fat pat “so real” on his project from either 13 or 14.

i actually like it when artists do that it puts me on to new artists i wouldnt have found not being from texas and assuming it came out in the 90’s, i was likely too young to notice it when it came out and it wasnt like it was a hit for me to catch on BET MTV VH1 replays and ****.

I liked how he brought back that “something something something like MANE” rhyme scheme bo that **** was cold bc i remember the original vid or song. i think i saw flip and moe do a freestyle like that. someone had a classic hard houston song or freestyle like that someone help me out.

They are a trap esque Jodeci. That rollout and marketing wrote itself once I saw 4 My Team.

Its literally impossible to fumble if you give them hot beats and good videos. Whats the confusion? theyre the same audience as Lil baby, Moneybagg, NBA Youngboy, YFN Lucci, Paperlovee, etc. The lyrical standards for that lane are so low and the room to excel beyond anyones expectations is so high (future).

DTLR/Jimmy Jazz core acts or on here basically the type of artists @wavycrocket is always posting. the regular trap *****s and not the weirdo suburban extra’d out ones who sold a few dime bags (if that) and tatted their face up.

the dudes you listed are coming kinda different than them imo

Seem like 300 saw a different crowd appreciating them which is why they would get Yachty on the remix vs a more typical trap artist

Skooly was doing this style of music years ago and it’s like _’s gradually just kinda stopped liking it as the times changed so he started doing more generic trap ****

Edit: Really a lot of old ATL was this sound. Kwony Cash, etc

Last edited:
he def put me on to fat pat “so real” on his project from either 13 or 14.

i actually like it when artists do that it puts me on to new artists i wouldnt have found not being from texas and assuming it came out in the 90’s, i was likely too young to notice it when it came out and it wasnt like it was a hit for me to catch on BET MTV VH1 replays and ****.

I liked how he brought back that “something something something like MANE” rhyme scheme bo that **** was cold bc i remember the original vid or song. i think i saw flip and moe do a freestyle like that. someone had a classic hard houston song or freestyle like that someone help me out.

**** hilfiger, fubu shirt

the dudes you listed are coming kinda different than them imo

Seem like 300 saw a different crowd appreciating them which is why they would get Yachty on the remix vs a more typical trap artist

Skooly was doing this style of music years ago and it’s like _’s gradually just kinda stopped liking it as the times changed so he started doing more generic trap ****

Edit: Really a lot of old ATL was this sound. Kwony Cash, etc

thats why i mentioned paper lovee bc i swear this is an exact skooly rich kidz era melody. idk if thats melly or paperlove singing im rollin im rollin.

man my people gotta get on the youtube content wave.

how we dont got a trap jake paul out there documenting the festivities.

damn thats what boonk shoulda did. got on youtube and been the trap jake paul.

did he take the L tho?

i feel like them boys hit find my iphone on that ***** and macaroni trays started shuffling. thats probably what led to the shootout :lol:

Back
Top Bottom