Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I can confidently say joe budden has had some of the most potent, hard hitting disses ever in rap.

Saigon, prodigy, game, jay z, g-unit. He gave em ALL a hard time. Dude really was a technical monster. Comparable to a prime eminem when he was doin it.

Sidenote, coincidentally, i was reorganizing my itunes/hard drive files earlier today and i listened to some of buddens early 2000’s stuff. Smh man. *****’s couldnt **** wit joe bruh. Lol

Crazy to see where his current career has taken him. He’s been so unwavering in his retirement that I actually kinda forget at times that he used to rap. But not only rap tho, yo was DUMB nice. Lol

Still dreaming for a lupe vs budden battle. Itd be one for the ages…

Joe was nyquil. J Cole w/o the success. Good technically but music was lacking.

I’ll be honest. I wasn’t a huge Joe guy. I did listen his first album and MM mixtapes. And familiar with his Slaughterhouse run. But where would folks rate his actual catalog? Like maybe it’s because he was a product of the industry era. But someone like MF Doom, I can say has a solid catalog. Or we have independent darlings like Dom Kennedy, Curren$y, Freddie Gibbs, Larry June, Boldy James, ROC Marc, Ransom, etc. They all have albums/projects that are well regarded.

What are Joe’s?

I’ll be honest. I wasn’t a huge Joe guy. I did listen his first album and MM mixtapes. And familiar with his Slaughterhouse run. But where would folks rate his actual catalog? Like maybe it’s because he was a product of the industry era. But someone like MF Doom, I can say has a solid catalog. Or we have independent darlings like Dom Kennedy, Curren$y, Freddie Gibbs, Larry June, Boldy James, ROC Marc, Ransom, etc. They all have albums/projects that are well regarded.

What are Joe’s?
Ehhhhh.

Imma be honest, its not a catalog typa thing since his strong point has never been that of a song writer. Song writing = good albums normally. Joe was crack for introspective hiphop fans.

Its moreso just str8 spitting and mixtape verses etc. joe was kinda like a borderline battle rapper at his core, so classic albums werent really his strong suit. Its was moreso the potency of the verses/songs.

As far as bodies of work that are close to classic, itd hafta say mm2. Everything just WORKED for that tape/album.

^^^Thank You. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

Just seems to have an unusual career.

I always respected him as a rapper. Like on the Last Dayz Freestyle:

(Or any freestyle lol).

I also respected his battles.

But how do you tour? And as an artist ya kind of need the work?

^^^Thank You. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

Just seems to have an unusual career.

I always respected him as a rapper. Like on the Last Dayz Freestyle:

(Or any freestyle lol).

I also respected his battles.

But how do you tour? And as an artist ya kind of need the work?

I really messed with him during that period when we he was rapping over some of Nas’ beats. Had to be sometime between 04-07 I think. Rapped over Last Real ***** Alive, Nastradamus and some other songs. Besides his debut (which I hated) and two of his Mood Muzik tapes, I’ve never fully listened to any other solo stuff from him.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Kendrick and Drake made history, Cole made apologies. Never liked how Drake moved, but at least he tried to Jake Paul Mike Tyson.

Back
Top Bottom