Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I just can’t see…..I don’t want to see this man 45 years old talking about groupies and whatever the newest drug is. Ijs don’t stay too long and go out sad.
Not sure what "Ijs" in that last sentence means but I understand your point.
I think most of Future's hardcore fanbase would want him to keep doing his thing until it becomes clear he doesn't have 'it' anymore though.

Again, I'm biased as a Future stan but he has dropped tons of songs that I'd consider timeless, especially as someone who struggles with opioid abuse*.
Just for the record, I mean prescription abuse in my case. I've been forced into a daily 24/7 Tramadol prescription for the last 9 years or so due to a chronic pain condition in both lower legs but I frequently struggled to not go far above my prescriped dosage. I'm a so-called "high functioning addict" so it never interferes with my job or anything but at this point I've lost count how many times I've relapsed over the last 9 years by stacking up prescriptions and taking myself to euphoria instead of sticking to my 400mg max dosage. I can't quit taking Tramadol entirely either because the chronic pain becomes unbearable at around 300mg.

To me this is about as close to a masterpiece as it gets.

It's tracks like these are his best works for me personally.

Last edited:
Not sure what "Ijs" in that last sentence means but I understand your point.
I think most of Future's hardcore fanbase would want him to keep doing his thing until it becomes clear he doesn't have 'it' anymore though.

Again, I'm biased as a Future stan but he has dropped tons of songs that I'd consider timeless, especially as someone who struggles with opioid abuse*.
Just for the record, I mean prescription abuse in my case. I've been forced into a daily 24/7 Tramadol prescription for the last 9 years or so due to a chronic pain condition in both lower legs but I frequently struggled to not go far above my prescriped dosage. I'm a so-called "high functioning addict" so it never interferes with my job or anything but at this point I've lost count how many times I've relapsed over the last 9 years by stacking up prescriptions and taking myself to euphoria instead of sticking to my 400mg max dosage.

To me this is about as close to a masterpiece as it gets.

Ijs = "Im Just Saying"

That point is always too late. Look at this Wayne situation. As fans, we're selfish. We'll ride all the way to cliff on old stuff, then look at them crazy when they fall off. All Im saying is maybe 1 or 2 more after this and then go out on top.

Ijs = "Im Just Saying"

That point is always too late. Look at this Wayne situation. As fans, we're selfish. We'll ride all the way to cliff on old stuff, then look at them crazy when they fall off. All Im saying is maybe 1 or 2 more after this and then go out on top.
Generally I'd agree. I also wouldn't want Future to end his career on a bad note after falling off a cliff.
I think my disagreement here is that based on Future's most recent releases, it looks like there's still a long way before he even reaches that cliff.

1726090853174.png

Back
Top Bottom