Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

To @jape point. The industry give him way to much credit as just a rapper alone. Especially a ***** that’s been proven to MULTIPLE ghostwriters and freestyle off a blackberry.

Push said it best: THE LINE ITSELF WAS TRASH

“Imma make it a ring on you like Virginia…..:stoneface:

“Dave freeeeeee”

“The sex was average with you / Yeah, I'm anti 'cause I had it with you.””

These seem like coked-out Nicki Minaj type disses :lol:

It's definitely something off with Drake. In every situation he brings up somebody wife. Even with fans. He got into it with a fan and said some **** like "Ima dm your wife she needs excitement" then his fans eat that stuff up. That's not fly. In real life _'s get killed for moves like that.

Then his bm was a real life prostitute. It's just weird.

I 1000% agree with this. His earlier works sounded honest, thoughtful and gave an insightful POV of a bright-eyed young man trying to navigate love, money, growth and fame without losing himself. Buddy sounded like the Ralph Tresvant of rap (I mean that in a good way). Now he's the complete opposite. A self-absorbed narcissist, who's consumed by money & fame and regressing at an incredible speed. and he's a FAN
It's ironic because he did start out on his 'conscious' backpack rap tip when he started to rap and he made some decent music early on when he was trying to be Little Brothers 4th member :lol:

That type of self-awareness and maturity in his music went out the window as soon as he got more and more famous and continued to hop on waves like he was collecting pokemon.

It's gotten to the point where his current version is thoroughly unrecognizable to his OG self.

The industry, social media and his stans created this monster we know now and it was only gonna continue to get worse had he never decided to punch faaaaaaaaaarrrrr above his weight class :lol:

He started believing his own manufactured hype a little too much and you know why they say about pride...

I 1000% agree with this. His earlier works sounded honest, thoughtful and gave an insightful POV of a bright-eyed young man trying to navigate love, money, growth and fame without losing himself. Buddy sounded like the Ralph Tresvant of rap (I mean that in a good way). Now he's the complete opposite. A self-absorbed narcissist, who's consumed by money & fame and regressing at an incredible speed. and he's a FAN

Algorithm crazy

You think it was haters? Hell I’d argue his obliviousness to what the masses have to say is why he’s playing the flute. I can’t think of much 3K hate from anywhere or anyone.

People might have doubted OutKast before those first 2 albums, but that’s literally it

Literally talking when dudes won best new group or whatever the award was and got booed at the source awards

But that shh was dead real quick after atliens

Dre started coming out in turkey feather pants and football shoulder pads dudes gave him a side look. As with everyone that gets mainstream success hate comes. Noone is universally loved. Soon as you switch up from what they expect criticism comes. Obviously it's all conjecture on my part. My original comment was mostly just making a joke anyways.

It's ironic because he did start out on his 'conscious' backpack rap tip when he started to rap and he made some decent music early on when he was trying to be Little Brothers 4th member :lol:

That type of self-awareness and maturity in his music went out the window as soon as he got more and more famous and continued to hop on waves like he was collecting pokemon.

It's gotten to the point where his current version is thoroughly unrecognizable to his OG self.

The industry, social media and his stans created this monster we know now and it was only gonna continue to get worse had he never decided to punch faaaaaaaaaarrrrr above his weight class :lol:

He started believing his own manufactured hype a little too much and you know why they say about pride...
ADVERTISEMENT
19098607.png

Sponsored By Nike
Win On Air

img

Nike G.T. Hustle 3
Explore
img

Energy Return
Explore
img

Lightweight Upper
Explore
img

Measurable Advantage
Explore
img

Engineered To Stay Fresh
Explore​
OBA_TRANS.png

Preach. He started out collecting styles. He idolized Phonte, linked up with Nickelus F and took pieces from them. Phonte inspired him to sing and he doesn’t even talk about Little Brother anymore. They gave that ungrateful bozo a feature with a beat from 9th on Comeback Season for the love. Only for him to stop answering Phonte’s calls once he got on.

His pride will be the end of him. I’m still puzzled by him thinking he could lil boy Dot. Like there’s a reason you wanted him on tour with you and why you gave him a solo song on your album. Same reason that had you reach out to him for First Person Shooter despite there being bad blood. He knows Dot is one of them ones. But he really let social media cloud his best judgment.

When this "Man In The Mirror" song is inevitably embarrassing, and they pull it after Kendrick puts a couple more nails in the coffin, they've got an excuse with the "Oh, we had to pull it because of the sample clearance".

I really hope all of this happens. Almost zero percent chance he pulls of any sort of legitimate response. I just wanna hear whatever else Kendrick has in the tank.

Also, the songwriter of the original MJ song is from Compton. It's probably more about that than any actual self-reflection.

Back
Top Bottom