R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

[RTRS] 27 Jan - THREE BODIES HAVE BEEN RECOVERED FROM HELICOPTER CRASH SITE WHERE KOBE BRYANT DIED, SEARCH CONTINUES FOR MORE REMAINS - L.A. COUNTY CORONER

*They also released the Control Tower audio with Kobe's pilot.

Last edited:
Heartbreaking Reason Kobe Bryant Insisted on Flying in Helicopters, In His Own Words

"Every chance I get to see them and spend time with them — even if it's 20 minutes in the car — I want that."

Kobe Bryant didn't fly in a helicopter because he was a celebrity — he flew in one because he was a dad.

A heartbreaking resurfaced interview with the tragic NBA star shows him explaining the simple reason he chose to fly everywhere in LA: to grab an extra few minutes with his kids.

Chatting with Alex Rodriguez and Dan Katz in December 2018, the Laker legend described how he insisted on picking his children up from school and doing after-school activities with them, which he managed to balance with training, until traffic between practice and his home in Newport Beach "started getting really, really bad".

"I winded up missing a school play because I was sitting in traffic," he said. "This thing just kept mounting. And I had to figure out a way where I could still train and focus on the craft, but still not compromise family time."

36min mark

"So that's when I looked into helicopters, and be able to get down and back in 15 minutes. And that's when it started."

He said his routine was always the same: "Weights early in the morning, kids to school, fly down, practice like crazy, do my extra work, media, everything I needed to do, fly back, get back in the carpool line, pick the kids up."

"And my wife was like 'listen, I can pick them up.' I'm like 'no no no — I wanna do that.'

"Because you know, you have road trips and times where you don't see your kids, man. So like every chance I get to see them and spend time with them — even if it's 20 minutes in the car — I want that."

After reading the new article on TMZ about the crash... this could have been avoided easily and the pilot was well trained and familiar with the landscape.

They spoke with other experienced pilots and they said the pilot made mistakes that someone that's as experienced as him shouldn't have made.
Seeing that it was Saturday the day before, maybe he had partied and had not fully recovered. Possibly might have been under the influence of something

Heartbreaking Reason Kobe Bryant Insisted on Flying in Helicopters, In His Own Words

"Every chance I get to see them and spend time with them — even if it's 20 minutes in the car — I want that."

Kobe Bryant didn't fly in a helicopter because he was a celebrity — he flew in one because he was a dad.

A heartbreaking resurfaced interview with the tragic NBA star shows him explaining the simple reason he chose to fly everywhere in LA: to grab an extra few minutes with his kids.

Chatting with Alex Rodriguez and Dan Katz in December 2018, the Laker legend described how he insisted on picking his children up from school and doing after-school activities with them, which he managed to balance with training, until traffic between practice and his home in Newport Beach "started getting really, really bad".

"I winded up missing a school play because I was sitting in traffic," he said. "This thing just kept mounting. And I had to figure out a way where I could still train and focus on the craft, but still not compromise family time."

36min mark

"So that's when I looked into helicopters, and be able to get down and back in 15 minutes. And that's when it started."

He said his routine was always the same: "Weights early in the morning, kids to school, fly down, practice like crazy, do my extra work, media, everything I needed to do, fly back, get back in the carpool line, pick the kids up."

"And my wife was like 'listen, I can pick them up.' I'm like 'no no no — I wanna do that.'

"Because you know, you have road trips and times where you don't see your kids, man. So like every chance I get to see them and spend time with them — even if it's 20 minutes in the car — I want that."

I don't have kids, but can 100% understand his mindset with doing that, just makes perfect sense, & dude had the resources. You can't get that time back with your kids.

This is going to hurt for a long time, & can't imagine those people that knew & loved Kobe & GiGi are feeling. I hope all friends & family involved in this tragedy have the support system they need to mend these mental wounds.

Man the amount of people I've had to mute/delete on social media over this because they want to be edgy and stir **** up :smh:

On a day like yesterday, even seeing some bird post selfies trying to be sexy pisses me off. All smiling for the camera when nearly everyone posting is reeling from the hurt his is causing. I had to dead a bird for it yesterday.

On a day like yesterday, even seeing some bird post selfies trying to be sexy pisses me off. All smiling for the camera when nearly everyone posting is reeling from the hurt his is causing. I had to dead a bird for it yesterday.

And then you got the people that feel like they must let the world know how much they don't care...over and over.

And I'm just like "Well shut up and keep it moving then."

Folks just want attention. :smh:

Kobe was damn near a God in China....my wife works with nothing but Filipinos and they are hugeeeee basketball fans and all these dudes are an absolute mess today I’m sure....

dude was greater than basketball though, the void left by his passing will be there for years to come.

I get the gesture but i low key hate how this is turning into a wdywt/humble brag segment.

I feel you, but this is a message board about sneakers (for the most part). Everyone felt like Kobe was a part of them rocking his gear (and sharing it with others who loved Kobe), especially on a day like today, is just another way for some of us to show some love and get a little bit of grief out.

Yeah I see nothing wrong with wearing some Kobe’s today or his jersey as something to honor his memory, i know I dusted off a pair of Kobe 6 I own...gonna make a difference in someone’s lives while I wear his shoes tonight

Man I lived Kobe's career since summer 1996 after the Lakers traded Divac for his draft rights.

I can't bring myself to watch any of his games. I get emotional and break down when I see pics, read article in the media etc lately.

I've been to so many Laker games the past 20 years at Staples Center. All of my family and friends know what LIFE LONG DIE HARD Kobe & Laker fan I was and will always be.

Off the top of my head the games I remember being at:

-2001 NBA Finals Game 1 when AI came in beat the Lakers and stomped over Ty Lue.
-2002 Game 4 WCF Robert Horry infamous game winning 3 after Vlade's knock away rebound.
-2003 2nd round playoffs. 3 peat dynasty comes to a end at the hand of Tim Duncan, Pops and the Spurs. Kobe & DFish walking off the court in tears.
-2004 WCF Kareem Rush hit's 6 or more 3's and sends KG and T'Wolves home for the summer.
-2006 1st Round Game 4 against Phoneix. Kobe hit game tying shot and game winner in OT over Raja Bell & Boris Diaw and the Suns.
-2008 NBA Finals Game 4. Kobe and the Lakers avoid elimination but lose Finals in 6 @ Bos.
-2010 1st round Game 1 against Utah Jazz.

I remember during the 3 peat run LA Live wasn't built and was a HUGE parking lot in front of Staples Center. Those championship parades started in DTLA and would make it's way down Figueroa and would end at that parking lot and a huge rally with a stage and Chick and the team partying and celebrating.

Last edited:
I’ve always found it strange on why Kobe decided to live in Newport Beach when it’s so far away from Staples Center (Downtown LA) and even the Forum (Inglewood) during the early years. LeBron lives in Bel Air and is considerably closer compared to where Kobe decided to stay.

Newport Beach is 46.4 miles away from Staples.
Bel-Air is 16.7 miles away from Staples.

The next puzzling thing is where he decided to set up his basketball academy. Newport Beach is 81.9 miles away from his camp in Thousand Oaks. Man, I wish he kept things closer to where he stayed. I can see why he chose the helicopter method but easier would’ve been staying closer to Los Angeles.

Back
Top Bottom