R.I.P AOTS and X-Play

G4 Marks the End of AOTS and X-Play with Two-Month Farewells

G4's two longest-running and defining series, Attack of the Show! and X-Play, will be ending their run at the end of 2012. Both shows will include original episodes through the end of the year, and will look back at theirmost memorable moments as we lead up to their final episodes. A rotating lineup of guest co-hosts including John Barrowman, Michael Ian Black, Josh Myers, Paul Scheer, Rob Huebel and Horatio Sanz will join AOTS hosts Candace Bailey and Sara Underwood, and X-Play hosts Morgan Webb and Blair Herter as part of the farewell shows.

With well over a thousand episodes each, Attack of the Show! and X-Play have defined gamer culture for a generation, serving as the launch pad for prominent personalities including Kevin Pereira, Olivia Munn, Chris Hardwick and Adam Sessler. Attack of the Show! debuted March 28, 2005 and from the start was the ultimate guide to everything cool and new in the world of technology, web culture, gaming and pop culture. X-Play made its debut almost two years earlier, on April 28, 2003 (on G4’s previous incarnation: TechTV), and immediately became the go-to destination for young men seeking the latest video game news, honest reviews, hands-on demos and exclusive video game trailers and footage. The year-end celebration will take you back through highlights of these landmark shows' history, including its exclusive live-from-the-floor coverage of San Diego Comic-Con and E3.

Both long-running shows helped define, as well as expand, the pop culture and gaming TV experience for a generation. We hope you've had as much fun watching them as we have had making them, and sincerely hope you join us in bidding a fond farewell to Attack of the Show and X-Play's as we look back over the next two months and head towards each series' finale.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...-of-aots-and-x-play-with-two-month-farewells/

I haven't had G4 for years since I have Directv

When did Kevin leave¿

I have DirectTV too, so I missed out on a lot. :smh:

G4 has been a mess for years. Its been a network with no direction or identity for some time now. Surprised both X-Play and Attack of the Show lasted this long. All of the mainstays jumped ship at the right time it seems.

If Adam Sessler didn't get an over-the-pants handy from Morgan Webb before she became semi-attractive, then my man is losing....

I did used to watch X-Play like errday though.Aint seenit since 09.....

Looks like Sessler and Pereira saw this coming...

Didn't watch a ton of G4 as of late, but used to back in the Screen Savers and Electric Playground days.

AOTS and XPlay were always solid to throw on when nothing better was on :lol:

I never see anything on that channel besides Cops, do they have any other shows besides X-Play and Attack...?

I used to like the show Screen Savers when it was techTV

I never see anything on that channel besides Cops, do they have any other shows besides X-Play and Attack...?

I used to like the show Screen Savers when it was techTV

Screen Savers and "Call for Help" used to be my shows man.

G4 is only good for late night Anime now.
The girls are hot, but they're transitioning into this "Hot girls talk about video games, but we focus mostly on the girls and talk about gaming a little bit" thing, and they're losing their genuine purpose which is to talk about games and tech and the entire culture.

Them losing these two shows not only ends their two longest running series, but also eliminates all "TechTV" programming from G4. Because at one point G4 and TechTV were two separate channels. Now TechTV and anything related to it is gone as a whole.

Plus with Cops, Campus PD, and a bunch of other random **** they show. They're starting to make that MTV type of transition. Where your channel has no content relating to its title

After munn left just never felt the same, seemed like Kevin wanted to throw in towel as well but going to miss Sara underwood, only watched we she was on, I don't feel white girls but she good get in with the thousand strikes of zeus

Missed so many episodes when the channel became unavailable on Direct TV

Dam.. AOTS was one of my fav shows on tv. I havent watched it in a coupe of months because i canceled my cable but :smh:

X-Play was my s_ back in the early days, especially when they would review/knock on obscure, terrible PS2 games.

Stopped watching when the industry got all Hollywood and you'd see Webb in a LBD and Sessler in a damn tuxedo for E3...really...E3? It's not that serious.

AOTS was great as well because you'd see a lot of Chris Jericho and Kel from Kenan and Kel cameos.

Stopped watching when Olivia Munn thought she had any acting talent and left.

They will be missed...but they haven't been good in a while.

I still watch X-Play from time to time.
AOTS used to be my show though, not so much now still catch it from time to time. Candice and Sara :pimp: :pimp:

G4 shows nothing related to games anymroe :smh:

I use to watch Extended Play/X-Play religiously as kid.

Once they added that annoying chick and I stopped caring about games I immediately stopped watching it.

The Screen Savers was dope. Always wanted to go to the tapings of that show. I miss the pre-2005 G4/Tech-TV era.

Back
Top Bottom