R&B Thread About Nothing

For someone who isn’t well versed into R&B music, what would be your R&B starter pack of artists?
This could be fun. What’s the context and timeframe? You want a current playlist with newer and legacy acts still actively making good music or something like a 90s-00s essentials that soundtracked your younger years but you weren’t really following the genre like that? (I’m passively doing the latter now.)

R&B has eras so it would help narrow the scope to figure out what a “starter pack” would look like.

This could be fun. What’s the context and timeframe? You want a current playlist with newer and legacy acts still actively making good music or something like a 90s-00s essentials that soundtracked your younger years but you weren’t really following the genre like that? (I’m passively doing the latter now.)

R&B has eras so it would help narrow the scope to figure out what a “starter pack” would look like.
Hard to choose, but I’ll go with current acts I guess. I do listen to the hits of the older acts a bit, but definitely not every artist. R. Kelly, Usher, Aaliyah, Ginuwine, etc.

There’s a few more but not many.

I have a hard time thinking of another artist that could’ve done Seems like you’re ready and When a woman’s feed up. Kelly went in

For someone who isn’t well versed into R&B music, what would be your R&B starter pack of artists?

Artists is too broad, I’m a give you some underrated albums to check out.

Adrian Marcel - 7 Days of Weak
Lloyd - King of Hearts
Jamie Foxx - Peep This
Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love
Kiana Lede - Grudges
Jazmine Sullivan - ***** Tales
Deborah Cox - One Wish
Jeremih - All About You
Tank - Sex Love and Pain
Rico Love - Turn the Lights On
Keri Hilson - No BS Allowed
Luke James - Luke James
JMSN - Priscilla
Noel Gourdin - Fresh
Avant - Director
J. Holiday - Round 2
Day 26 - Day26
Jaheim - Struggle Love
Bobby V - Dusk Til Dawn
Donnell Jones - Journey of a Gemini
Musiq - Life on Earth

Artists is too broad, I’m a give you some underrated albums to check out.

Adrian Marcel - 7 Days of Weak
Lloyd - King of Hearts
Jamie Foxx - Peep This
Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love
Kiana Lede - Grudges
Jazmine Sullivan - ***** Tales
Deborah Cox - One Wish
Jeremih - All About You
Tank - Sex Love and Pain
Rico Love - Turn the Lights On
Keri Hilson - No BS Allowed
Luke James - Luke James
JMSN - Priscilla
Noel Gourdin - Fresh
Avant - Director
J. Holiday - Round 2
Day 26 - Day26
Jaheim - Struggle Love
Bobby V - Dusk Til Dawn
Donnell Jones - Journey of a Gemini
Musiq - Life on Earth
I feel like Director, Journey of a Gemini and Dusk Til Dawn are some real hidden gems.

Back
Top Bottom