Question for you New Yorkers - Why ya'll %#*#@* drive like the world is coming to an end?

Oregon drivers are just too damn slow.

NYC was fun, glad I don't personally have to drive in it...

SF will run you over too cuz they're not slowing down on those hills...

you know you're the $%#! when you can fly through like 5-6 yellow lights and then catch up to where they are all green by the time you get to the nextintersection. nyc cats know what im talking about...especially the ones that be driving uptown on the eastside of manhattan to catch the free bridge to get tothe bx. not paying the toll ftw!!

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

if you can drive NYC...you can drive anywhere....

it's just how it is... everything is faced paced
Maybe anywhere in the US....

I know 95% of New Yorkers won't be able to cross the street in Egypt, let alone drive.
Malarchy. I'm a nyc driver and I was able to get on the road out in Nigeria this past summer. It was like playing a video game
laugh.gif

NY drivers are very reckless but it's a controlled recklessness if that makes sense. And most of us are used to it so we react to it naturally. Like I know that Yellow Cab Drivers are the worst and will crash into you if they have to so I don't always challenge them, even if I have the right of way. And I know how to get in and out of lanes with the best of them. You gotta just know what to do out here man lol. Like tailgating close enough to make it through lights but far enough back that you can swerve out from behind someone who has to stop. All kinds of strategies you gotta be up on. I find it way more frustrating to be in a town with civil drivers who go the speed limit, come to a full stop when trying to merge, and turn corners at 3 mph
eyes.gif

I said Egypt, not Nigeria. I seen tourists wait on the sidewalk for 20-30 mins and eventually have to take a cab or get someone to help them cross the street.If there is traffic on the highway, the cars simply go on the opposite side - it's completely normal. Literally never seen a traffic light or any trafficsign of any kind (other than road names) there at all. It's a free for all with people doing 80+ like it's nothing. I've lived in NYC my whole lifeand I wouldn't bother attempting to drive there. As for the US: New Jersey. Worst drivers I've ever seen here.

Man before the light even turns green dudes be honking the horn in back of you
laugh.gif

man and there is no such thing as the right away for pedestrians
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
man I got honked at with the quickness

try to make a left or right turn in midtown manhattan in the afternoon rush hours...pedestrians just keep on crossing the street...its like they protestingwithout a cause...even if you try creeping closer and closer...theyll keep crossing. at the end, only like 1 car gets a chance to turn at the intersection.

Back
Top Bottom