QUESTION FOR YOU COLLECTORS??!!

When I purchased my original Black/Red XIII on release day. Been collecting every since then. Those were my first Jordans. Been on NT since 2000.

I've been wearing them as for as long as I could walk bout 86 but I brought my 1st pair in about 96 Concord 11's when I was 10, but as far as keepingthem in good shape and not dogging them it was probably bout 99 in 8th grade when i became more than just havin the shoes it became my life to get every pair Icould.

I got my first pair in "93,I was 13,, og bred 8's were my 1st J's, I was watching M.J. play back in '88..

I started seriously collecting in 2001...............

Since 1999...

2905072117_387e7c28fc.jpg

Edit: My first pair of Air Jordan ever was the 1993 Playoff VIII, which I still got in DS condition.

See a few cats in my age bracket.

Very first pair were the 5's back in 91.

Started collecting heavy in highschool. First reanimation being the Playoff 12's in 97.

Stopped in the early 2000's for a bit. Started again just last year and it's been crazy
ever since.

i think most people including myself started collecting jordans/sneakers when they got a job. i mean i've always had a pair or two growing up but once igot a job about 7 years ago, it went from buying 2-3 pairs a year to buying whatever the f**k i want basically.

Luckily, I didn't jump on the train! My family (Dad and Uncles) purchased the OG's when they came out, so I was naturally raised into AirJordans. My first pair were the V's, back in 1990. My entire family, cousins and siblings, would receive the new releases every year they came out. Myvery first memory was receiving the VIII's as a gift! And every other one after that. My Dad lost interest after the XII's, as well as my Uncles.(They're well of into their late 40's now). Now our love has been passed down from our parents. Love the hand me downs though! Lol. To answer yourquestion, I started collecting on my own around 7th grade in 2002, when the VII's came out. Used the money I received for my birthday! Now that I'm20years old and in college, I got rid of most of my collection... Now I am just collecting my favorites: OG colorway I's, IV's, V's, and VI's.I don't like Retro+ colorways, just my taste and opinion.
grin.gif

Those are 96 pennys which started my love for shoes (I have since sold them, have 2 pairs of the 09 retros...miss my big bubbles though)
There are also og xiii and retro xiii flints in there that furthered my love for sneakers probably 2nd favorite shoe.
01 Bred xi really got me into shoes because I didn't get them when they first dropped.
I included the lebron first games because thats when i officially became a collector. I always loved shoes but for the most part i wore all of them, around thetime i got the First games i started buying some to keep ds and some to wear. Models like the true blue iii and penny ii atlantic I bought 2 of knowing I'dwant one to wear and a fresh pair for down the road.

Started wearing and collecting Air Jordans at the end of my freshman year, 1998.

smokin.gif

EDIT: I came in this with the Playoff 13 btw

Liked, and knew of Jordan's in 1987-88, around then.
First pair (VI's) in '91.
Started collecting then, I guess...
Started REALLY collecting with the retro VI's.

Originally Posted by Daver

Been around jordans since 95 with the og spacejams. Didn't start collecting until 2000-2004 then took a long break until my career took off in 07. Now i'm back in the game playing catch up.
Um, may I ask how you even got the original Space Jams when it wasn't sold to the public?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Got the raptors in '92. Really wanted the VI's but they weren't in stores anymore.
What exactly is the "raptors" VII's?

JR5

the aj11 started i remember niketown when it was a small store by fountain and i forgot the other street before it became niketown los angeles in beverlyhills. I collected air jordan 11 and air max uptempo shoes. Those were my two faves. But i couldn't keep them for long as new shoes kept coming along and iwould exchange them for the new ones every time in nike store at that time. The management caught onto my antics and always gave me a mean look because i wouldkeep doing returns i remember. I finally one day in beverly hills niketown got called by management for too many returns and never was allowed to returnanything for exchange ever again. After that lesson learned on my part and i became choosy as to what shoes i wanted from there on out. Now that jordan is badi only collect nike basketball shoes strictly.

Started wearing in 7th grade started coming up summer before freshman year in high school when i got my first job now im 70+ pairs of Jodans deep

Back
Top Bottom