Question for all my LA NTER's

Hey I'm traveling to LA this week for an interview at the UCLA Harbor Hospital in Torrance CA and am kind of combining it into a mini trip. I was lookingto stay at a hotel in either Downtown LA, Santa Monica or Beverly Hills but was wondering what the avg commute time was from each of these areas to Torrance inthe morning around 6-6:30 AM. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck traveling at that hour. Especially on the 405, 5, and the 101
laugh.gif
You're going to find out why drivers in SoCal are so salty.

Downtown LA is the best place to live out of those 3. I'd say 30 minute commute in the morning maybe? rush hour coming home would take like an hour though.

after that would be beverly hills, then santa monica.

look into Redondo beach.

So If I had to be in Torrance at 7am what time should I plan to leave from Downtown LA or Santa Monica to make it there with a 15min buffer?

i dont get it. why don't u just get a hotel in Torrance for one nite? and once ur interview is done, get the room in LA?

yeah that is what i wanted to do but my girl is coming with me and that means that she would have to check out of the room and be stuck with nothing to do andnowhere to go for hours.

Give yourself plenty of time in the morning. And if your in downtown LA, stay away from MacArthur Park.

if u get a hotel in SM or beverly Hills u can make it to Torrance with out traffic at 6am now anything after that u better leave EXTRA early to get there ontime. i live in west LA and pops gets to work in Torrance in about 30 minutes and thats around 630am. east bound traffic ant bad at that time on the 405 westSUCKS tho

ahh i c ur deliemna. i say get a room at Downtown LA. that's where i tell my visiting homies to stay at. i recommend the Standard Hotel. They have a dailyrooftop club (with an amazing view of downtown LA) that's always nice to chill at even on a random weekday.

BH is crap unless you're ballin. service sucks unless u roll in a B or Phantom. and SM is gonna give u one hella of a HORRIBLE driving experience in theAM.

dude you need to get a local hotel. downtown LA to torrance is about a 15 minute drive WITHOUT TRAFFIC AT LIEK 12 AT NIGHT. any other time its about 45 minutes- hour and 20 dependin on time. Do not stay in any of the options posted!!!! stay in lomita/san pedro/redondo beach!!

if u stay in pedro let me know ill help you out!

110 south to the end baby!

Preciate all the help. So if i stay in the pedro/ redondo area I shouldnt expect to have more than a half hour commute?

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Preciate all the help. So if i stay in the pedro/ redondo area I shouldnt expect to have more than a half hour commute?

EXACTLY. my aunt had cancer treatments at ucla we would leave about an hour early (just because she had to wait in line @ the hospital) but we would have beenfine leaving 30 minutes beore

if u stay in redondo, u might as well stay in torrance for the entirety of ur stay. ain't nothing crackin in redondo anymore.

santa monica isnt far from ucla so it wouldnt take you that long, BUT there is not traffic like l.a traffic

Originally Posted by pianoman52

if u stay in redondo, u might as well stay in torrance for the entirety of ur stay. ain't nothing crackin in redondo anymore.

hermosa aint too far away though
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by young1lex

santa monica isnt far from ucla so it wouldnt take you that long, BUT there is not traffic like l.a traffic

He's not trying to go to UCLA,
He's going to a UCLA medical center in Torrance.

You should stay in San Pedro. You might lose your girl though cause someones gonna be quick to try and pick her up
laugh.gif

just check the traffic reports before you leave home... AM 980 has pretty good traffic reports every 10 minutes, so does AM 1070. you should be able to makeit there in an hour, and plan a backup route if you can.

la traffic is a $!#%!.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom