question about the glossy smooth leather of the AJ3 white/cements

are all pairs having that shiny look? 
I mean they look like someone put much wax on it which i don't like.

I still have my AJ3 retro white/true blues, though they have some damages after almost 10 years.

But those never looked that shiny.

will it be less glossy after a while?

are all pairs having that shiny look? 
I mean they look like someone put much wax on it which i don't like.

I still have my AJ3 retro white/true blues, though they have some damages after almost 10 years.

But those never looked that shiny.

will it be less glossy after a while?

Originally Posted by BigTy23

So you couldn't ask this in the official thread?

if i post it there (over 300 pages already) nobody would reply as most people are just talking about buying it or so.
here in my town we have two stores having them in stock.

I cannot decide whether to get these or the Aj2011.

tried both on, and somehow the AJ2011 grew on me.

if i post it there (over 300 pages already) nobody would reply as most people are just talking about buying it or so.

all pairs have that shiny look with this new release. i personally think jordan brand is trying to pass shoes off as they are leather when they are not...or they are using very, very, low grade leather and putting a shine to it to make it look better. jordan brand needs to step up their game when it comes to using good leather, in my opinion. i can't believe i'm even saying this when all jordans used to have good leather.
30t6p3b.gif

all pairs have that shiny look with this new release. i personally think jordan brand is trying to pass shoes off as they are leather when they are not...or they are using very, very, low grade leather and putting a shine to it to make it look better. jordan brand needs to step up their game when it comes to using good leather, in my opinion. i can't believe i'm even saying this when all jordans used to have good leather.
30t6p3b.gif

hmm that sucks then
frown.gif

because i was not really feeling the shiny look on the AJ 3.
guess i will rather get the Aj2011 instead, because they look awesome on feet.

hmm that sucks then
frown.gif

because i was not really feeling the shiny look on the AJ 3.
guess i will rather get the Aj2011 instead, because they look awesome on feet.

Originally Posted by CuteUglyhaha

you can always oil them babies up when they get the dull look
eh, my point is that i don't like the oily look. it just look not right on 
a shoe that never looked like that before.

Originally Posted by CuteUglyhaha

you can always oil them babies up when they get the dull look
eh, my point is that i don't like the oily look. it just look not right on 
a shoe that never looked like that before.

there are plenty of spray on and brush on products out there to take care of the glossy finish. You want to put a matte finish on them it sounds like. I have used duraclear on the soles before, got to check the bottle to see what materials it could work on. The finisher they sell for leather paint might work too.

there are plenty of spray on and brush on products out there to take care of the glossy finish. You want to put a matte finish on them it sounds like. I have used duraclear on the soles before, got to check the bottle to see what materials it could work on. The finisher they sell for leather paint might work too.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Exactly the reason why we have official threads. Otherwise everyone would be posting their own topics and the forum would be cluttered with the same topics over and over.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Exactly the reason why we have official threads. Otherwise everyone would be posting their own topics and the forum would be cluttered with the same topics over and over.

I bought them but I hate the leather also. Shouldn't have sold my DS 2003 retros a month b4 the 2011 release.

I bought them but I hate the leather also. Shouldn't have sold my DS 2003 retros a month b4 the 2011 release.

there's soo much more in the shoe than the shiny leather. I really don't think these have that bad of a leather.. doesn't make the shoes looks bad in any way shape or form imo.

there's soo much more in the shoe than the shiny leather. I really don't think these have that bad of a leather.. doesn't make the shoes looks bad in any way shape or form imo.

trash leather .. its the same leather that is on the motorsports if im right... i put them together side by side and sure enough same texture and shinny material ... idk they did'nt put the leather from the 09 true blues on there ... it looks decent

trash leather .. its the same leather that is on the motorsports if im right... i put them together side by side and sure enough same texture and shinny material ... idk they did'nt put the leather from the 09 true blues on there ... it looks decent

Back
Top Bottom