Question about storing shoes in containers

I have my one pair of Jordan 11's with silica packs in there. Same with my Laker 6's due to the clear soles.

The rest I will remove. Thanks for the tips.

Ventilation holes should suffice, if you make enough of them. I have some of those same containers that ive tried, and they were most definately detrimental to my kicks. Cheaper plastics tend to have a smell to them ive noticed, and that will also find its way into your shoes too.

Socks should work fine for shape holding imo, if thats important to you.

Glad to help yall out.
smile.gif

Ventilation holes should suffice, if you make enough of them. I have some of those same containers that ive tried, and they were most definately detrimental to my kicks. Cheaper plastics tend to have a smell to them ive noticed, and that will also find its way into your shoes too.

Socks should work fine for shape holding imo, if thats important to you.

Glad to help yall out.
smile.gif

Great info. I never considered the acid in the tissue paper. I use to wonder y ppl would switch it out for black plastic. Is black platis ok to put in your shoe boxes?

Great info. I never considered the acid in the tissue paper. I use to wonder y ppl would switch it out for black plastic. Is black platis ok to put in your shoe boxes?

Originally Posted by rayspades101

If its inside the shoe I guess you could, but theres really no reason to keep your shoes wrapped up if there already inside the box, I cant see how its gonna do anything to help them.

Originally Posted by rayspades101

If its inside the shoe I guess you could, but theres really no reason to keep your shoes wrapped up if there already inside the box, I cant see how its gonna do anything to help them.

Originally Posted by evisumane123

Silica packs only seemed to make everything worse for me, so i stopped using them

how many did you use in each box? 1 or 2 should do it.. anything else is definitely gonna ruin your shoes in the long run

Originally Posted by evisumane123

Silica packs only seemed to make everything worse for me, so i stopped using them

how many did you use in each box? 1 or 2 should do it.. anything else is definitely gonna ruin your shoes in the long run

@ jordan3cement, check out the maintenace thread in the Jordan section man if you haven't already, I just was linked to it in another thread about storing shoes. It basically answered all of our questions already. Its near the top of the thread in the stickied section.

I would like to hear the answer to your question though. Based on looking at my collection this weekend, be sure to remove the paper from the boxes, it does cause damage to the shoes. I have one shoe which is yellowed and the other is white.

@ jordan3cement, check out the maintenace thread in the Jordan section man if you haven't already, I just was linked to it in another thread about storing shoes. It basically answered all of our questions already. Its near the top of the thread in the stickied section.

I would like to hear the answer to your question though. Based on looking at my collection this weekend, be sure to remove the paper from the boxes, it does cause damage to the shoes. I have one shoe which is yellowed and the other is white.

^i've always stored my shoes the same way. never had a problem. dark area and climate control is the main thing. also a product called "damprid" is really good for moisture issues. maintenance thread is way too long and its mostly common knowledge for anyone that has been into shoes..

^i've always stored my shoes the same way. never had a problem. dark area and climate control is the main thing. also a product called "damprid" is really good for moisture issues. maintenance thread is way too long and its mostly common knowledge for anyone that has been into shoes..

right I know it is, but I just brought it up since a lot of the issues addressed in this thread are already in there. What does "damprid" do and how does it work? hahah it really is too long though.

Do you still have paper in your boxes though?

right I know it is, but I just brought it up since a lot of the issues addressed in this thread are already in there. What does "damprid" do and how does it work? hahah it really is too long though.

Do you still have paper in your boxes though?

I have over 100 pairs of kicks in the container store men plastic boxes. No paper or silica packs in any. The containers are fine since they are not air tight. Also the containers are better then the

reg boxes because you dont have to worry about dust ( for all the peeps with many shoes that are not in rotation). Also like TRYDAN said ds kicks will fall apart alot faster so throw them on in the

house for 5 min every now and then

I have over 100 pairs of kicks in the container store men plastic boxes. No paper or silica packs in any. The containers are fine since they are not air tight. Also the containers are better then the

reg boxes because you dont have to worry about dust ( for all the peeps with many shoes that are not in rotation). Also like TRYDAN said ds kicks will fall apart alot faster so throw them on in the

house for 5 min every now and then

when you say "containers" do you have them with the top on or what? I still dont fully understand the container method.

when you say "containers" do you have them with the top on or what? I still dont fully understand the container method.

and the tops are closed? did you put holes on the sides or you just bought the container, put the shoes in, and put the top on ("clicked" on, not just resting on the top)? thanks for the pics man.

and the tops are closed? did you put holes on the sides or you just bought the container, put the shoes in, and put the top on ("clicked" on, not just resting on the top)? thanks for the pics man.

Back
Top Bottom