question about soccer jerseys

anyone know a good place online to buy authentic soccer jerseys? also how do they fit compared to an nba or nfl jersey

onionbag(excellent site) or subside sports(great selection of shirts)

As far as fit it really depends...Nike seems to be moving towards more compression/slim fitting shirts. What size do you usually wear?

- go to the team's website...even champs/FL sells them
- fit would depend on the current style/design of the jersey. some jerseys fit tight (AS ROMA) compared to OK- a bit more loose (Current Brazil kit). You gottatry them on stores

PS
what's up with England's current kit (U-21 I think)?
sick.gif
The returnof colared kits?

well i usually like my stuff a little bit bigger, so i like to go with a large usually with my other jerseys

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

just to let you know, the jersey from the stores and those sites are not really authentic.
where can i get them?

to tell you the truth I personally do not know, there are some niketalkers that know ill try to get a hold of them and let you know.. but the replicas, theones from the websites and stores are made of better material and last much longer.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

just to let you know, the jersey from the stores and those sites are not really authentic.
where can i get them?

to tell you the truth I personally do not know, there are some niketalkers that know ill try to get a hold of them and let you know.. but the replicas, the ones from the websites and stores are made of better material and last much longer.
alright, i dont need a100% authentic, just as long as it looks nice

Setanta sells authentic jerseys.

They're only the biggest soccer/rugby broadcasting network in the world.

eyes.gif

^From the looks of it Setanta sells replicas just like everybody else.

By replicas I mean the most authentic soccer jersey available from retail. It's confusing but the soccer jerseys for retail are labeled as replicas butessentially are as authentic as you can usually find. True authentics (i.e. gamers) are labelled "Code 7" and are rare to be available at retail, butsome sites do carry them for a higher price. They usually are made of a different material and sometimes have an extra layer inside. This is similar to how NFLjerseys work. Retail authentics are not made of the same cut and sometimes material as the gamers that are worn on the field.

In other words, if the jersey retails for $65-70, it's likely the "replica" which is as authentic as you can get. In fact it's the only typeof jersey available. Soccer jerseys don't have cheaper replica versions (i.e. there is no "Swingman" version in soccer). Code 7 kits usually gofor above $100+ before lettering.

National teams seem to change every 2-4 years to coincide with the bigger tournaments (World Cup, Euros, etc). Club teams usually change their home kits every2 years and their away kits every year, at least that's what Arsenal does. They will be labeled with the years, for example Arsenal's home kit thisyear is the 08-10 and their away is 09-10.

Price-wise, the best place to get them is from eastbay or Nike/Reebok/adidas's website when they go on sale, I've been able to get the past 3-4 Arsenalkits that way for under $40 apiece

Size-wise, I would definitely go up a size or at least your t-shirt size. For reference I wear XXL in t-shirts, 52/54 in baseball, 54 in football, and XXL insoccer fits just right. If you want it baggy and you normally wear L the smallest I'd go is XL.

Here are some other good sites, some which were mentioned:
www.onionbag.com
www.subside.us.com
www.soccer.com
www.kitbag.com
www.worldsoccershop.com

For sizing, I wear a large in normal clothes, and I have a large Netherlands team jersey from Nike, and it fits perfectly. So if you're looking for a sizeup, go XL.

Hodog what you think of the new arsenal kit? i was gonna get it but im not really feelin the navy. i like the 07-08 3rd kit better. wish they would make ablack arsenal jersey

do any sites sell the code 7?

subside seems to have a pretty good selection of teams but when i click on most they arent there
mad.gif
i need to find smaller nike clubs...

Weston.com.sg
subsidesports.com
soccer scene website
kitbag
football-shirts.co.uk
radioantique for rare shirts on eBay. Stay away from ebay for the most part though
premiershirts.net....not sure if they are legit
world soccer shop
Search yahoo or google shopping or team sites onestopshirts acasports.co.uk

Originally Posted by Ronald0

HODOG!!!

What happened to NLT?

Think the site administrator stopped maintaining the site. Most people migrated to jerseycentral.org.

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

Hodog what you think of the new arsenal kit? i was gonna get it but im not really feelin the navy. i like the 07-08 3rd kit better. wish they would make a black arsenal jersey

do any sites sell the code 7?

subside seems to have a pretty good selection of teams but when i click on most they arent there
mad.gif
i need to find smaller nike clubs...
I like it. I prefer the navy/blue-based Arsenal kits versus the yellow ones.

Subside sells some Code 7 kits, I think that's the only place I've seen them.

I'm rocking this for the world cup 2010....both of them...I ain't gonna cop jerseys....I'm strictly rocking zip up jackets and scarves (it'sgoing to be a winter world cup)

yhst-96316601417599_2058_20588294

yhst-96316601417599_2058_10034948

yhst-96316601417599_2061_8517921

Back
Top Bottom