Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” cancelled

I think I'll enjoy it more with another viewing though. I just don't plan on that being any time soon.

I wish there was a 4K version of this movie. Loved the movie already watched it like 5 times. Just copped the steel book wish it was in 4K tho.

Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling

Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman just validated Deadline’s morning scoop that the studio won worldwide rights on Quentin Tarantino’s new film, the first of his long career to not be directed for either Miramax or The Weinstein Company. This email was just dispersed internally on the Culver City lot.

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to report that late last night, Sony did indeed succeed in securing the worldwide rights in all media to Quentin Tarantino’s next epic film. I was looking forward to sharing the news with you all myself this morning, but unfortunately the story leaked.

Bottom line: Quentin chose Sony over many other competitors. And he did this because of all of YOU! He remembers well the outstanding job the company did on Django, and was particularly impressed last week by the presentation of our marketing and distribution capabilities, both domestically and internationally. I’m grateful to all who worked to make this happen and confident that we will do a great job for him on this film and others to come.

It’s a real credit to the studio and to each of you.

Congrats,

Tom Rothman

Chairman Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group

pretty hyped about this movie, can't wait to see a trailer to get a vibe. Hoping for a Pulp Fiction vibe from it

cant-wait-gif-7.gif

Yeah I'm still holding out the Kill Bill Vol 3 will be his final film

Kill Bill (Vol. 1 & 2) is my favorite Tarantino movie and one of my all-time favorite movies ever. I don't however see any logic in releasing another film. Technically Kill Bill was one film and had to be split into two volumes due to the duration and the assumption the American audience wouldn't be able to sit through it in its entirety. Bill is dead and it would make zero sense to continue the story. I wouldn't buy Vernita Green's daughter somehow becoming anything close to Beatrix. I also doubt Beatrix would train Bee to follow in her footsteps. The feeling Vol. 2 gave off was Beatrix was done with that life and she was going to raise Bee completely different. Just my 2 cents on the topic though, who knows.

As for the announcement that Sony has won the rights to Tarantino's next film, :pimp:

Kill Bill (Vol. 1 & 2) is my favorite Tarantino movie and one of my all-time favorite movies ever. I don't however see any logic in releasing another film. Technically Kill Bill was one film and had to be split into two volumes due to the duration and the assumption the American audience wouldn't be able to sit through it in its entirety. Bill is dead and it would make zero sense to continue the story. I wouldn't buy Vernita Green's daughter somehow becoming anything close to Beatrix. I also doubt Beatrix would train Bee to follow in her footsteps. The feeling Vol. 2 gave off was Beatrix was done with that life and she was going to raise Bee completely different. Just my 2 cents on the topic though, who knows.

As for the announcement that Sony has won the rights to Tarantino's next film, :pimp:

Beatrix could easily just be pulled back in, just like Vernita Green was. I mean Vernita was married and doing the housewife thing and then Beatrix showed up. I mean the dynamics can change and don't have to follow the first 2 volumes(which in fact don't even follow themselves and are different in their own rights) Vol 3 could go into an entire different direction as Beatrix doesn't have her own Deadly Viper Assasination Squad the daughter would have to knock off and like you said her daughter most likely won't be trained and will be more about being like Bud and getting away from that.

It's my favorite Tarantino also, and I wouldn't be for a Vol 3 unless Tarantino himself didn't tease it and allude to the door being open, so he's def been kicking the idea around, and one thing about him being a filmmaker with writing as his primary strength......he's gonna make it make sense. If he comes out and says a definitive "No" on the the subject I'd be cool with it, not sure that has happened yet though.

Kill Bill also has one of my favorite film soundtracks ever!

dhart48 dhart48

Don't get me wrong, you're absolutely right in stating that Beatrix can be pulled back in. It just doesn't make sense still calling it Kill Bill, since he's dead and the arc was completed. I can't lie though because when all of the rumors of another installment being a possibility surfaced many years ago; I was excited. As the years passed though, my feelings changed.

Do you collect anything from the movie? I have a Beatrix Funko Pop and a her Neca action figure. I also copped the ASIC Gel kicks released years ago.

i'm a huge Tarantino fan, can't say i'm all that interested in his take on the Charles Manson story though
also not a huge Di Caprio fan which I know is grounds for banishment here, but I don't dislike him at all, just not interested.

Wondering what the perspective of the movie will be. The article said it won’t be a charles manson movie like how I.B. wasn’t a hitler movie.

dhart48 dhart48

Don't get me wrong, you're absolutely right in stating that Beatrix can be pulled back in. It just doesn't make sense still calling it Kill Bill, since he's dead and the arc was completed. I can't lie though because when all of the rumors of another installment being a possibility surfaced many years ago; I was excited. As the years passed though, my feelings changed.

Do you collect anything from the movie? I have a Beatrix Funko Pop and a her Neca action figure. I also copped the ASIC Gel kicks released years ago.
yeah totally!
I have the Japanese Box Set for Vol.1 came with a replica sword(super small to scale), a bearbrick figure of the bride. The shirt she's wearing when she is in Okinawa and a 30 page booklet on the film in Japanese. You also get the Japanese cut of the film on DVD( crazy 88 fight scene is in color throughout)(I wanna say there's some more anime in Oren's scenes but I'm probably trippin)

I also have a Neca GoGo action figure
Thinking of changing the avy too
giphy (1).gif

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    585.7 KB · Views: 5
Wondering what the perspective of the movie will be. The article said it won’t be a charles manson movie like how I.B. wasn’t a hitler movie.

I’m guessing Pitt, Cruise, and/or Leo will be detectives trying to figure who committed the murders.

dhart48 dhart48

Call it Kill Bill Jr. or Kill Billy.

Bill had a son; Bill the II. He wants revenge. 1st scene is him killing and destroying Beatrix's new established life and then she hunts him down across the globe.

Billy/Bill Jr. would be Ryan Gosling.

The movie would be 4hrs.

nah, kill bill 3 if there ever is such a thing has be
Nikki-kill-bill.jpg

seeking revenge, being trained by Elle Driver (who as far as i'm concerned did not die in that trailer, but is now a fully blind kung-fu master)
I know I’ve heard a few times that Quentin was setting things up for a possible final film. It just makes sense. It HAS TO be this if it ever happens.

^^ I too would like this story to conclude as his final film.

I want his final film to be set in modern times with pop culture references and modern (1960s and up) music

A lot of the references in Inglorious Basterds went way over my head as I have no knowledge of English / German cinema from the early 1900s.

I thought the purpose of waiting to do volume 3 was for the child actress from volume 1 to be old enough. I def would like the movie way more if they used the original actresses but that’s tough.

Back
Top Bottom