PSY AMA MC HAMMER MASH UP PERFORMANCE

Psy is a beast! You can hate the song and the dance fad but he is definitely the most electrifying performer in the game right now

Psy is a beast! You can hate the song and the dance fad but he is definitely the most electrifying performer in the game right now
yeah you gotta respect this dudes hustle, and milking it for alot longer than what most people expected.

my girl told me they play this song on the radio too, alot.

was he big in asia before this song?

yeah you gotta respect this dudes hustle, and milking it for alot longer than what most people expected.

my girl told me they play this song on the radio too, alot.

was he big in asia before this song?
Psy has been in the game since 1998ish in Korean. I remember listening to him in 7th grade talking about sex and cussing, which was unheard of in Korean pop music back then. He's considered the most energetic performer in Korea and I'm not even surprised he got famous in the U.S. when bigger korean artists failed or didn't do as well (Seven, Bi, Wonder girls, SNSD) in breaking through American pop media. Psy is actually a really really good dancer and singer, but he started off as a rapper.

and that pose he does at the end (bird pose) is his signature pose that he does in Korea

Last edited:
Psy has been in the game since 1998ish in Korean. I remember listening to him in 7th grade talking about sex and cussing, which was unheard of in Korean pop music back then. He's considered the most energetic performer in Korea and I'm not even surprised he got famous in the U.S. when bigger korean artists failed or didn't do as well (Seven, Bi, Wonder girls, SNSD) in breaking through American pop media. Psy is actually a really really good dancer and singer, but he started off as a rapper.
thanks for the info i saw this clip on vice about korea and they showed some girl groups and boy groups they were k-pop stars and their work ethic was ridiculous, dancing and singing were on point, but yeah PSY was dancing his *** off like dude is still hungry and has that drive, and he seems like a genuinely humble dude and just thankful to be where he is.

thanks for the info i saw this clip on vice about korea and they showed some girl groups and boy groups they were k-pop stars and their work ethic was ridiculous, dancing and singing were on point, but yeah PSY was dancing his *** off like dude is still hungry and has that drive, and he seems like a genuinely humble dude and just thankful to be where he is.
Artists in Korea have to go through some extreme training and ridiculous diet/surgeries before they actually debut. Many of these artists are scouted or auditioned at an early age (10-15) and go through rigorous training in all performing arts. They all know how to sing, dance, act, etc. A boy group will debut after maybe 4-5 years of training, whereas in the U.S., an artists like JB will be pumped out to the media in about a year (JB is actually a really talented performer, not gonna hate). If these Korean artists dont do good or live up to the expectation, then they maybe recycled into another job from their agency like acting or modeling.

loved how everyone in attendance was up and dancing!  song has definitely caught on like wild fire.. gotta admit, when I first heard it play I was like, WTK.  

hey man a good song is a good song.  when danza kuduro came out i was jammin to that **** for mad long i didnt care about the ethnicity or if i didnt even know the words i was just jammin

IT WAS CRAZY because me and my girl was watching this and she brought up the fact that "oh those baggy pants are back in style". And literally, I jokingly said "yea MC Hammer is the pioneer of those joints, I bet hes sitting at home right now watching this like damnit....Then the Hammer appears out of nowhere and both of us was like

j9luzp.gif

Artists in Korea have to go through some extreme training and ridiculous diet/surgeries before they actually debut. Many of these artists are scouted or auditioned at an early age (10-15) and go through rigorous training in all performing arts. They all know how to sing, dance, act, etc. A boy group will debut after maybe 4-5 years of training, whereas in the U.S., an artists like JB will be pumped out to the media in about a year (JB is actually a really talented performer, not gonna hate). If these Korean artists dont do good or live up to the expectation, then they maybe recycled into another job from their agency like acting or modeling.

The whole k-pop scene is kinda ridiculous.

When I went to hit family in Korea literally everyone was trying to make it as a singer/dancer type thing.

Karaoke rooms stay filled there :lol:

Loved the performance.. I can't even remember the last time I saw a performance where the WHOLE crowd was so hyped.

Man I just caught this joint a few minutes ago and was HYPED! I don't watch award shows since they're usually trash (same goes for performances) but that **** was genuinely dope...I **** with it.
pimp.gif

Loved the performance.. I can't even remember the last time I saw a performance where the WHOLE crowd was so hyped.
loved how everyone in attendance was up and dancing!  
WORD!
pimp.gif
Good to see everyone into it. I hate when good performances are ruined by lame crowds.

That was a great performance - especially so with Hammer being there.

This is the only thing I can think of which comes close:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom